The Bad Era

My eyes are wide and I am screaming and someone needs to call the fire department because HOLY 🔥 🔥 🔥

....I was about to post this, but then...

I CHOKED ON MY LATTE!
I'm not sure what happened here. I was looking for photos of Brian Eno - as you do - and I ended up, er, doing this instead.

As you do, lol.

It's Michael. This is what he does to us. :D

tumblr_md7zwptb5Y1rnbobmo3_500.jpg

I don't have enough dignity to respond to this right now, but simply reacting to it doesn't feel like enough. So here we are.
And there it is. The crazy sw23 response which I love so much. I looked at the photo and thought, 'oh Michael, you're such a pretty boy'

HOLY F***
you, otoh, came up with this, lol.

I'm saying 'crazy response'. That's not even what I mean. Wrong vocab. I don't know how to categorise your responses but they just kill me every time.

I'm calling you 'crazy'. I'm trying to find a gif I saw 4 hours ago! 4 hours!!!

I've gone mad, lol.

And there it is. The crazy sw23 response which I love so much.
These responses are inevitable when I am tortured so relentlessly as I am on this board lol

I looked at the photo and thought, 'oh Michael, you're such a pretty boy'
Is that where the thoughts end?!? That's just the beginning of the full disentanglement of my brain!

I'm saying 'crazy response'. That's not even what I mean. Wrong vocab.
Wild? Unhinged? Certifiable?

Or, perhaps, the truest and only reasonable human response to a work of art such as Michael? 😊

I don't know how to categorise your responses but they just kill me every time.

I'm calling you 'crazy'. I'm trying to find a gif I saw 4 hours ago! 4 hours!!!

I've gone mad, lol.
My therapist recently asked me to write on what makes for a good life. I think I'm just going to copy and paste this little bit and call it a day 😉

@staywild23 posted this in early August and I'm re-posting (for the 2nd time) bc I cannot get enough of it.

@DangerousGal91 - this is the one I meant.
Yesssss I needed a Bad era post for... reasons, but wow! 😍

Anyway, um... This era, alright. Look, okay, so Dangerous is my favorite Michael album, right, and I stand by that.

I've said before that all Michaels are good Michaels. I stand by that too! From childhood all the way until his death, he was always adorable, and as an adult, he was always handsome and stunning.

Off The Wall was my first "era crush", even long before I became a fan. I thought everything after was ugly (even Thriller! Whaaatttt past self come on 😂). I was young and stupid, and this... well, I still stand by OTW era Mike being stunning, but I no longer stand by the second part obviously, lol.

However.

In terms of general looks, stage performances, outfits (BELTS!!! Goodness!), several of my favorite short films, and of course my favorite song Smooth Criminal... I have decided that I have to declare a winner.

It's this era. I love everything before and after, and I stand by it all. But Bad era MJ... he is special. Michael is special to me all around, but there's something about this era... It hits different. The hair, the belts, the tight pants, the general fashion style, the makeup, the tour!!!!, Smooth Criminal... I just love all of it. Bad era Michael drives me crazy!

You know, I've thought about it... Pinging @staywild23 because this is 100% Her Thing... Bad Era MJ perhaps reminds me a bit of James Dean, kinda like a black, longer-haired, Jheri-curled '80s version of him? "Rebel Without a Cause" energy, motor bikes, jackets, yet also a refined, somewhat youthful appeal... You know the drill. I'm not even into James Dean (though I do respect him and see why people like him so much even to this day), but... Yeah. That look of "youth rebellion" Michael had going on during this era. You might know what I mean... or maybe you'll just call me crazy and say "nahhhhh he's nothing like James, you don't get it, you nitwit!" :ROFLMAO: In that case, I do apologize, lol. But there's a certain energy to it. I don't know if I'm describing it well... I'm not saying Michael was specifically inspired by James Dean, for the record (I'm not aware of anything like that), just that the general energy is a bit similar.

Anyway. No pic for now (hopefully soon though!) but I'd die for Bad era Michael. That is all. 😍🥰💕

@wendijane gifted us with this beautiful photo. I need to re-post it over here. There's something almost mystical about it ...
I thought so too, Its very melodic, hes in the moment and we can feel it.
That's a much better word. Yes, melodic fits very nicely. And, yes, he's totally in the moment and he draws you in ... it's just mesmerising.

This is one of my fave 'mystical' photos. I've posted it many times but, hey, any excuse!

dirty-diana.webp

OK, I need to just stop now. I wanted to immediately re-post this one. I'm basically just copying everything you do mere seconds after you've done it. :ROFLMAO:

This is just insanely ... I don't even know. All I can say is ...

ROCK STAR!!!
I dont mind at all . i love it so much when you do !
dont worry please do zinnia , we need to post m's beauty all over his fan club board!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@zinniabooklover he popped up in all his Silvery Technicolor glory here ! lol this picture is taking a magical mind of its own lol
Oh, this is interesting. My preference is always for b&w photos. That's why I bumped the ''Fave Black & White photos' thread. But this colour photo here, it does land harder than the b&w version. I wouldn't have expected that but it has a whole other level of resonance. Wow! That's all I can say.

Thank you so much. For both versions. 😲

I dont mind at all . i love it so much when you do !
You are lethal, woman! Utterly lethal.

dont worry please do zinnia , we need to post m's beauty all over his fan club board!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We really do.

I need to go and crack on with my freakin' day. I'm all behind on my to-do list. I'm carrying that colour version of the photo around with me. Safely in my head and my heart.

Oh, this is interesting. My preference is always for b&w photos. That's why I bumped the ''Fave Black & White photos' thread. But this colour photo here, it does land harder than the b&w version. I wouldn't have expected that but it has a whole other level of resonance. Wow! That's all I can say.

Thank you so much. For both versions. 😲
So so welcome 🤩

You are lethal, woman! Utterly lethal.

We really do.

I need to go and crack on with my freakin' day. I'm all behind on my to-do list. I'm carrying that colour version of the photo around with me. Safely in my head and my heart.
@zinniabooklover i try lol no i learnt from the best haha

awwww yeah im like that with the dangerous ones, i look at his face and i see my childhood especially the Pantha pics , and thats a strange feeling cos hes keeping my youth eternally . i dont know what i mean.
STAY zin, we miss you here, hoping you'd come to our party's the next one we have maybe?!

OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD...

So much has happened on this thread since I started avoiding it for my own survival, but I am going to take a deep breath and try to catch up. I've already had quite an intense "Michael" day off-forum and Idk what will become of me after this, but here goes nothing...

Yesssss I needed a Bad era post for... reasons, but wow! 😍
The reason being masochism? Because nothing is as torturous as the longing he generates? Yes, I agree.

I've said before that all Michaels are good Michaels.
Without question. Gorgeous from the very beginning to the very end. His charisma, beauty, and appeal came from deep within. It has so much less to do with his appearance than we even talk about. But when you add that his appearance is like a galactic phenomenon, well, this is where things get hopeless for us...

Off The Wall was my first "era crush", even long before I became a fan.
OTW murders me. The only thing that keeps me from being a full-fledged monster about OTW is the fact that he was like 20-22 years old. But he was SO sexy and so handsome in the most glorious, classy way you can imagine.

I thought everything after was ugly (even Thriller! Whaaatttt past self come on 😂).
Girl what, who were you even?! 😂

In terms of general looks, stage performances, outfits (BELTS!!! Goodness!), several of my favorite short films, and of course my favorite song Smooth Criminal... I have decided that I have to declare a winner.

It's this era.
F*** YES IT IS!!

I love everything before and after, and I stand by it all.
SAME SAME SAME. I worship at the alter of Bad Era Michael and I have no regrets for the loss of dignity this affords me.

But Bad era MJ... he is special.
HE IS A TORNADO OF SEX, SWEAT, AND CURLS!!!

(I stole this from a random tweet I saw like 6 months ago, but it remains the best description I can muster of the Bad era).

I just want the tornado of him to destroy my entire life lol.

Michael is special to me all around, but there's something about this era... It hits different.
Girrrrrrrrrrrlllllll.

THOSE MOTHEREFFING CURLS

the belts
they emphasize every deep, deep thrust... 😭

the tight pants
oh sweet Jesus.

the general fashion style
he was already an absolute fashion icon from the Thriller era forward (possibly OTW if we're being honest) but by Bad his swagger was on a whole other level. The man was full drip full time and I am here for every god forsaken moment of it.

the makeup
ROCK STAR

the tour!!!!
GOAT

Smooth Criminal... I just love all of it.
I maintain this is one of his sexiest videos of all time, but no one seems to echo this sentiment. The straight swagger alone could get me pregnant 1000 times over.

Bad era Michael drives me crazy!
Have you seen me? I am certifiable lol.

You know, I've thought about it... Pinging @staywild23 because this is 100% Her Thing... Bad Era MJ perhaps reminds me a bit of James Dean
whoa....ok. This is interesting.

kinda like a black, longer-haired, Jheri-curled '80s version of him?
Oh, I don't know. But I enjoy this thought lol.

"Rebel Without a Cause" energy, motor bikes, jackets, yet also a refined, somewhat youthful appeal... You know the drill. I
Have you seen Rebel Without a Cause? Suffice to say I've seen it 12,000 times, since James was my first massive celebrity crush. And there is some merit to this analysis. While I do think they have a pretty significantly different energy, JD in Rebel is actually not that much of a rebel. The point was more about youthful abandon, about the suffering of children/teens under the thumb of emotionless parents. JD is a good kid who is struggling from parental neglect and begging his parents to see him for who he is. He befriends other kids who are much the same. Kids struggling with their identity. Soft, sensitive kids. But ultimately, incredibly misunderstood.

I'm not even into James Dean (though I do respect him and see why people like him so much even to this day), but... Yeah.
I'm not any more, but I'd be lying if I said James Dean didn't play a significant role in my sexual awakening as a 14/15 year old girl in 2003, which I now realize is incredibly random and strange lol.

That look of "youth rebellion" Michael had going on during this era.
In a way, I get it. Michael had the look of rebellion, but he wasn't actually "bad." He looked like a bad ass, but he was always the sweet, gentle, loving, adorable MJ underneath it all. Though I think the reality of James Dean is quite similar, I think that's only something I feel because I have watched his movies a million times and I have read a lot about him and know he was actually a very sensitive, kind person. With how James Dean is actually remembered in pop culture though I don't think there are many similarities outside of leather jackets.

You might know what I mean... or maybe you'll just call me crazy and say "nahhhhh he's nothing like James, you don't get it, you nitwit!" :ROFLMAO:
No, I think it's an interesting point! I don't necessarily feel it myself, but it's an interesting comparison to make.

I'm not saying Michael was specifically inspired by James Dean, for the record (I'm not aware of anything like that), just that the general energy is a bit similar.
I'd be very surprised if he were, however, I would also not be at all surprised if we discovered he was a big James Dean fan. I think Michael would LOVE Rebel Without a Cause and East of Eden. Both films portray James Dean as an outcast, struggling male figure who, specifically, suffers from a hard relationship with his father. So, it would not actually be that shocking if Michael found some connection to James Dean. Of course, there's a good chance he did watch Giant at some point too, since Elizabeth Taylor starred in that alongside of James Dean.

Can we also just talk about how cool it is that Michael is basically Hollywood royalty and his name fits in with all of these people? I love it.

That was fun @DangerousGal91! I also get to intellectualize a bit, which kept me from descending into total madness. Still have to catch up on the rest of this thread though....

How could any human be so perfect? His smile is both the most beautiful, charming thing in the world, and pure sex lol.

These are the most gloriously tight pants and my God I am so grateful for it

Yepyep I love this one too. Yes he does the aura just comes out the screen. Nothing else like it.

THE SWEAT OMFG @wendijane YOU ARE CRUEL!

I CANNOT BREATHE

Ok, I am hyperventilating. I need to go lie in a ditch somewhere.

Back