The Brad Sunberg Seminar Leak/Theft of 2023

Who are we now, Madonna with her "You wouldn't download a car" statement?
I see a pattern here where some of you guys think all crimes are the same and just throw everything in the same basket. Borrowing laptop without permission and leaking music, busting into someone's home and breaking their jaw, taking your neighbour's car for a spin....I mean, who needs judges and juries if all crimes are the same, am I right? Just cut off the hand of the guilty man and move on, am I right?
Jeez.

And you pray that more music never comes out to the public? Well then I'm happy that prayers work as much as they do and we still get leaks because your reality sounds really scary...
You were probably the one who actually robbed him, with how defensive you are.

Imagine if they robbed Shana instead of Brad. I genuinely believe the community wouldn't feel that bad for her. Brad is such a good guy there is no way you don't feel bad about what happened. I think most of the anti-Brad fans just try to cover their guilt with hatred to justify their lust over the tracks. And unfortunately I am one of the people who really enjoyed and enjoy, still, those leaks, and always will be.

Well, we are on a forum after all. Expressing opinions is kind of a main point here.
But since you ask, my emotions range from shocked to angry and disappointment. Never in my wildest dreams was I expecting such a double standarded backlash from this community towards leaks. Maybe if I was a member earlier, I would know what to expect but I have to admit, it caught me by total surprise. Imagine learning about the leaks, coming to here to discuss them and running head first into a wall of moralizing nonsense, coming from the majority of members. I was shocked, still am.
These are not just normal leaks. They are from a laptop that was stolen during a seminar. Its a totally different thing.

I
Imagine if they robbed Shana instead of Brad. I genuinely believe the community wouldn't feel that bad for her. Brad is such a good guy there is no way you don't feel bad about what happened. I think most of the anti-Brad fans just try to cover their guilt with hatred to justify their lust over the tracks. And unfortunately I am one of the people who really enjoyed and enjoy, still, those leaks, and always will be.
It's not illegal to listen to the leaks; it's illegal to take someone's laptop just because they have anything you want. Like just basic manners & common sense dictate that, something "most" MJ fans seem to be lacking is what I'm coming to see. Which has been a problem way before now for the record, this is just it's nadir.

Still, it's pretty balanced. We enjoy the leaks but don't condone the method.

It's not like we're that lady on Twitter who said this is worse for MJ than Leaving Neverland....

Well I have to admit I never ever thought I would see this day, however I remember only the other week reading from some one that they where going to get more leaks one way or other! Not sure on here or twitter!

The thing is when you condone one thing acceptable behaviour( the leaks of Chicago 45 and dream on??) I have not heard or downloaded! Then it spurs someone on to do same or worse! This time worse.

As I met Michael quite a few times and also studied of what he stood for he will not be happy with this. Today I am ashamed that anybody could call themselves in any shape or form a Michael Jackson fan and do that to should a good friend of Michael's. I Hope the full strength of the law falls down on to those involved.

As I met Michael quite a few times and also studied of what he stood for he will not be happy with this. Today I am ashamed that anybody could call themselves in any shape or form a Michael Jackson fan and do that to should a good friend of Michael's. I Hope the full strength of the law falls down on to those involved.
Yeah see? OG right there. You met him . You knew how it was before 2009 . That's what i mean ! they don't get it . Lack of integrity and respect .. It's so sad.

Michael would probably of just disappeared for a long time after this and I kid you not! He would be heartbroken. He said he was destroyed when Xscape first leaked many years before it was released! Plus hold your hand out!

What I read about the studio footage I would love to have that released by Brad officially and maybe this was already in progress. But not at all like this!

I stole someone's laptop at work for only around 30 minutes today. Got what I wanted in the meantime (it was a policy she worked on but she wouldnt publish it for the rest of us) but I left the laptop on the roof when I was finished downloading her files.

Would this be considered bad? Would I be fired/prosecuted for same?

Answers on a postcard please...

Michael would probably of just disappeared for a long time after this and I kid you not! He would be heartbroken. He said he was destroyed when Xscape first leaked many years before it was released! Plus hold your hand out!
I'm sure Michael hated leaks because he was still alive and working on those songs. Of course he was destroyed, he was a perfectionist and always wanted to deliver a 100% product.
But he is no longer alive and all of this music will never be finished, at least not by him. So it's different now, you simply cannot take what he said then and apply it now. If there was a demo that he was never going to finish, don't you think he would share it with his fans? And while on the subject, don't you think he would also hate the fact that other people are finishing his songs, putting them out and making money off them? Isn't that just as bad, or maybe even worse?

No it definitely us not! He left people in charge and if any one is to say what happens with his Yes HIS material it is the 3 kids! Especially Prince!

I would love to know what he will think of this. As I say to condone this , says its free house for everything! It is not and I am ashamed for the people involved as clearly they are not.
Don't try to say you know Michael ! You don't! I did! He would not be happy!

If there was a demo that he was never going to finish, don't you think he would share it with his fans?
No. He never did that. He was notoriously against letting the general public hear his music before it was finished, hence why the 2001 special editions only include finished tracks.
And while on the subject, don't you think he would also hate the fact that other people are finishing his songs, putting them out and making money off them? Isn't that just as bad, or maybe even worse?
No. I’m sure he would have reservations and opinions about the state in which his unreleased music was handled, but I am more willing to believe that he would approve of albums like Michael and Xscape long before he would approve of a fan stealing from one of his engineers.

I know , you were one of the dedicated fans who actually were there. your name says it all too, i know , i try n tell them but they don't listen nor care.

No. He never did that. He was notoriously against letting the general public hear his music before it was finished, hence why the 2001 special editions only include finished tracks.

No. I’m sure he would have reservations and opinions about the state in which his unreleased music was handled, but I am more willing to believe that he would approve of albums like Michael and Xscape long before he would approve of a fan stealing from one of his engineers.
"before it was finished"
But that's exactly my point, what about the songs that he was never going to finish? I think we can all agree that he didn't plan on dying. And we also know that he never stopped working. So naturally he was against sharing unfinished stuff, he never knew when he would be using some of it.

Well, you are sure, I am not. Can't speak in Michael's name. Nobody can, not even this guy who claims he knew him personally.

I stole someone's laptop at work for only around 30 minutes today. Got what I wanted in the meantime (it was a policy she worked on but she wouldnt publish it for the rest of us) but I left the laptop on the roof when I was finished downloading her files.

Would this be considered bad? Would I be fired/prosecuted for same?

Answers on a postcard please...
I stole their earbuds because I needed to listen to something. I left em on the rooftop. Figured I'd need it again though so I'll be back for em.. is this bad?

But that's exactly my point, what about the songs that he was never going to finish?
Why didn’t he release them himself then? He had plenty of opportunities—single B-sides, tour singles, reissues, compilations. He even went out of his way to stop Sony from releasing any of the leaked Thriller outtakes on Thriller 25, despite the fact that they were finished tracks that he hadn’t bothered with after the fact.

If he didn’t want these songs released properly, why on Earth do you think he’d be okay with having them stolen and leaked online?
Well, you are sure, I am not. Can't speak in Michael's name. Nobody can, not even this guy who claims he knew him personally.
Then what’s your angle? If we can’t say with any certainty what Michael would have wanted, why are you then saying “he would have wanted his fans to hear his music” and “he would have hated what they’re doing to his vault”?

Why didn’t he release them himself then? He had plenty of opportunities—single B-sides, tour singles, reissues, compilations. He even went out of his way to stop Sony from releasing any of the leaked Thriller outtakes on Thriller 25, despite the fact that they were finished tracks that he hadn’t bothered with after the fact.

If he didn’t want these songs released properly, why on Earth do you think he’d be okay with having them stolen and leaked online?

Then what’s your angle? If we can’t say with any certainty what Michael would have wanted, why are you then saying “he would have wanted his fans to hear his music” and “he would have hated what they’re doing to his vault”?
I guess it makes sense that he didn't want to release unfinished songs. I mean, why would he. So we know what he wanted during his lifetime, but what did he want after he was gone? I believe those are two different scenarios and people keep mixing them up. Let's just make a thought experiment. Let's say Michael is alive and we, as a community of fans, collectively ask him this question:

Dear Michael.
We love you and love your music. We know you have tons of unfinished songs and demos, some of which are never going to be completed and released because nobody lives forever. After you are gone, would it be OK with you if the world gets to listen to your demos and watch you create in the studio? Would you be we willing to grant us this gift so we can have even more of your awesome work and keep remembering and appreciating you forever?

Do you really think he would say:"No, I am sorry. My wish is for all this to remain locked in a vault where it will slowly disintegrate into dust. I will only allow Brad to charge 400€ per ticket and show some of it in his seminars. Also, some of it can be completed by random people who will butcher most of it and sell it to fans like you."

Again, can't speak in Michael's name, just making an educated guess.

Last edited:
As if you didn't all listen and watch everything that leaked. Get off your high horses

As if you didn't all listen and watch everything that leaked. Get off your high horses
You know what's really scary? I'm sure some of them actually made a conscious choice not to listen to leaks.
But buying posthumous albums and paying Brad, that's fiiiiine!

I don't like the way the leaks were obtained. Brad is a lovely guy. But anything that is a middle finger to John Branca and the estate is fine by me

I guess it makes sense that he didn't want to release unfinished songs. I mean, why would he. So we know what he wanted during his lifetime, but what did he want after he was gone? I believe those are two different scenarios and people keep mixing them up. Let's just make a thought experiment. Let's say Michael is alive and we, as a community of fans, collectively ask him this question:

Dear Michael.
and he would say ..."hmmm?"
We love you and love your music.
" Ohh, i love my fans more, Silkysnare, tell me @SilkySnare snare how long have you been a fan? "

We know you have tons of unfinished songs and demos,
this is when hes ears would prick up he might roll his eyes ...you might have got him vexed slightly cos he knows you are NOT speaking for everyone here . he probably not like your name either.
some of which are never going to be completed and released because nobody lives forever.
Nope , offended now , hes gone now. out the room.

After you are gone,
Youd be standing there , alone

...seriously you wouldn't get the chance to say all of that .. i think he'd leave the room. I think you'd had offended him at " after you are gone " just that
hes be out that room like nobodys business. I truly believe that.

@xscape guy 2003 what do you think ?

Back