The Epic Thread of Random-ness [MERGED]

1089222674913689606.gif

@wendijane You lose.

"Is the hole in the door below the astronomical clock of Exeter Cathedral, Exeter, England, UK the earliest existing cat flap? The trouble is it is not exactly a cat flap because there is no flap. It is a cat entrance and exit if we are going to be boringly accurate. But this cat entrance and exit dates back to around 1600 or the early 1600s."

early-cat-flap.jpg.webp

More thoughts on the September issue of British Vogue with Naomi Campbell, Cindy Crawford, Linda Evangelista and Christy Turlington on the cover.

From the Sunday Telegraph, 20 August 2023, article written by Hannah Betts:

"Carole White, CEO of Premier Model Management, remembers: 'Before the supers, models were like silent movie actresses with no chat. These girls were special beauties with great personalities. Designers would beg them to wear their clothes ... and [they] became icons of style ... They were strong women, youth on the rampage ... They were bigger than the brands - they made the brands. We did a survey at Premier and Naomi was more famous than the Pope.' "

I love the way Hannah Betts ends the piece. Too tired to type up a big quote but this should explain what I mean:

"My sense of self isn't diminished by unearthly visions, rather my sense of wonder expanded. When we renounced swaggering, perfected beauty, we also gave up a very fundamental form of pleasure."

Michael's physical beauty certainly expands my sense of wonder. ❤️

Back