The Epic Thread of Random-ness [MERGED]

%D0%92%D0%BE%D0%B3-1.jpg

Last edited:
Alexandra Shulman was editor of British Vogue for 25 years. She had some interesting stuff to say about this photoshoot:

"... why on earth did they have to be turned into a plasticised version of themselves, dressed in gloomy black widow outfits and run through computer retouching to emerge as a cartoon version of what a glamourous older woman might be?"

She does acknowledge that all the women would have had some say in the shoot, clothes chosen, how the make-up was done, lighting etc.

"Every outfit and make-up style will have been approved. Every pose perfected ... So we can only assume they are happy with the result. Personally, I would have liked to see them styled by a woman - as their general look strikes me as through a very male fashion gaze. They could have appeared more real, less camp."

I think the photos of the women in more casual clothes, the denim etc are far better than the photo used on the cover.

This one doesn't seem so airbrushed and the composition is much better, imo. :)

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
oh yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah oh yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

I like what we got ...the front cover. they are still here - giving it their all , the front cover , it might be unexpected but it's alright with me.
Oh ...but those pictures inside are stunning too! and Christy thrills me in that pink !
i'm a sucker for these woman - so it is a win win . I named my daughter after Naomi - I love her.

They were strong women, youth on the rampage ... They were bigger than the brands - they made the brands. We did a survey at Premier and Naomi was more famous than the Pope.' "
This. tenfold.
I love the way Hannah Betts ends the piece. Too tired to type up a big quote but this should explain what I mean:

"My sense of self isn't diminished by unearthly visions, rather my sense of wonder expanded. When we renounced swaggering, perfected beauty, we also gave up a very fundamental form of pleasure."

Michael's physical beauty certainly expands my sense of wonder. ❤️
Thanks for typing this up zin. and the other parts , and sharing these photos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111111111111111111111 And making some of us aware of the iconic issue. It thrills me so! 💯

Yeah ....:think: I can see where you are coming from actually zin , @zinniabooklover with this .
... I would make the first pic my front cover ... the denim, i can feel a nice energy there . The photo feels good and it looks great and the Christy and Naomi on the inside cover or the back cover, because i have to be extra and need them all .

the pink [3rd] picture there - no ...maybe Linda's pink jacket, its pretty that's a given - but no.
Bloody fabulous post ! arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

My English teacher told us the we have to write an informational essay and we could choose our topic. My topic is about Michael's Humanitarian works!

Tohu - Christopher Larkin, composer, talks about his work.

"In this video I chat about the music for TOHU, what the game is, and how I went about composing/producing the score.Release date for TOHU and the Official Soundtrack: 28th of January 2021"

David Holah and Stevie Stewart talk about British fashion house, BodyMap.

"Amidst the colourful extravagance of 1980s fashion, one label in particular stood out thanks to their pioneering approach to making and showing their creations: BodyMap. The V&A looks back at the DIY origins of the label with its two founders, Stevie Stewart and David Holah."

4m 24s

Back