The Estate Promotes a 40th Anniversary Re-Release of THE JACKSONS LIVE

Hulkamaniac

Proud Member
The title says it all.

EtAVQCHXAAE4sIj

https://twitter.com/michaeljackson/status/1355607252556722176?s=20

I'm just wondering... Why, why couldn't they just include a DVD or Blu ray? Another missed opportunity.

Re: The Estate announces the 40th Anniversary edition of THE JACKSONS LIVE

This is just a reissue of the out-of-print vinyl. Not a 40th anniversary celebration of anything.

This is just a reissue of the out-of-print vinyl. Not a 40th anniversary celebration of anything.

Oh I agree, it's the Estate's words though. Zoom in and read the cover's sticker ;)

Last edited:

It really wouldn't be that hard to dub the live album with an edited Jacksons concert. It would for sure be successful.

Oh I agree, it's the Estate's words though. Zoom in and read the cover's sticker ;)

I guess I'm still learning how to read, lol. Apologies!

Looking further into it, this seems like a project done outside of the Estate's purview, and they're just promoting it on the official social media platforms since Michael is involved. Not very surprised that there wasn't much effort put into it; The Jacksons aren't nearly as commercially attractive as Michael, which also explains why this news went completely unnoticed (even though Rolling Stone, Variety, and other A-list outlets posted articles about it).

However, this press release mentions that this is just the "first wave" of projects. I wonder if there are other things in the works?

The title says it all.

EtAVQCHXAAE4sIj

https://twitter.com/michaeljackson/status/1355607252556722176?s=20

I'm just wondering... Why, why couldn't they just include a DVD or Blu ray? Another missed opportunity.

Michael registered the Triumph Tour in 1981 as a motion picture, filmed on video tape. So unfortunately it can't be released on Blu-Ray. The Destiny & Victory Tours on the other hand were shot on film. An SD Blu-Ray of the LA shows with High Quality surround sound would have been amazing to see of course.

However, this press release mentions that this is just the "first wave" of projects. I wonder if there are other things in the works?

I remember Tito saying something bout a 40th Triumph release anniversary with a Triumph Tour show video release too.

AlwaysThere;4316609 said:
I guess I'm still learning how to read, lol. Apologies!

Looking further into it, this seems like a project done outside of the Estate's purview, and they're just promoting it on the official social media platforms since Michael is involved. Not very surprised that there wasn't much effort put into it; The Jacksons aren't nearly as commercially attractive as Michael, which also explains why this news went completely unnoticed (even though Rolling Stone, Variety, and other A-list outlets posted articles about it).

Second Wave: Triumph and Victory

This was posted on Facebook regarding this release. “ The rereleases are digital only. The sole pressings will be the Live 2LP set.
As for the bonuses it is a decision approved by the group. They dont want unreleased stuff out except the new remix or version of Can You Feel It that shall appear in a few months. We havent heard it yet. Cant tell if it’s a remix or new version. Some details might change but quite unlikely.”

I remember Tito saying something bout a 40th Triumph release anniversary with a Triumph Tour show video release too.

Do you have a source for this?

that this is just the "first wave" of projects. I wonder if there are other things in the works?
Michael registered the Triumph Tour in 1981 as a motion picture, filmed on video tape. So unfortunately it can't be released on Blu-Ray. The Destiny & Victory Tours on the other hand were shot on film. An SD Blu-Ray of the LA shows with High Quality surround sound would have been amazing to see of course.

This would be a low cost release - as the show has already been edited onto tape ages ago. Epic Records has also a Triumph outtake called "That Girl" in their vault. It would be great if it would get released, but highly doubt it. Not to mention how cool it would be if the Victory album would finally get its name given title track released. But most likely, they'll (re-)release some remixes, and maybe only 2300JS might offer its 3 outtakes (which were previously released as b-side tracks).

Second Wave: Triumph and Victory

& 2300 Jackson Street

This would be a low cost release - as the show has already been edited onto tape ages ago. Epic Records has also a Triumph outtake called "That Girl" in their vault. It would be great if it would get released, but highly doubt it. Not to mention how cool it would be if the Victory album would finally get its name given title track released. But most likely, they'll (re-)release some remixes, and maybe only 2300JS might offer its 3 outtakes (which were previously released as b-side tracks).

I can't see why this tour hasn't yet been released, its clear The Estate have the finished product in their archive. If they're worried that it won't sell enough copies they can do a limited release for collectors, and send it out to TV stations. The mind indeed wonders.

One of the best live albums I have in my collections.

Will this be remastered or is it just a re-release. I actually don't have this album on CD so i may buy it

Will this be remastered or is it just a re-release. I actually don't have this album on CD so i may buy it

I don't think they need new remastering. All Jacksons albums were remastered in 2008 by Mark Wilder and they sound pretty good.

WHAT?! Source please :eek:

Well, Tito often says such things. :D

Yeah I still don't understand how in 2021 we don't have a single official Jacksons concert released. Why does this family not like releasing concerts smh.

I really hope so. It's about time.

Just imagine... imagine if they made a limited edition set including this complete show:

Last edited:

I really hope so. It's about time.

Just imagine... imagine if they made a limited edition set including this complete show:

Collectors would pounce instantly, I have to say. I would probably be first in line to pre order something like this. Triumph Tour LA and Oakland or any other show from the Destiny Tour are the concerts by The Jackson's that I genuinely want to see more than anything else by them. Just look at this snippet in the opening few seconds of this video, amazing.

And also these two of course...

Film sourced goodness.

i'm not sure why the family won't release concerts i understand the victory tour because let's be real Michael didn't want to do that tour. but the other tours before that need to be release.

i love victory tour but respect michael wishes.

Hope that comes true

Zakk;4316612 said:

Maybe when it was registered they said it that it was edited on video and not necessarily filmed on video.

I have seen that before.

Wasn’t there shots of the Triumph Tour on the From Motown to Off The Wall Blu Ray? That looked like film to me?

🤔

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

charismatic;4316663 said:
Maybe when it was registered they said it that it was edited on video and not necessarily filmed on video.

I have seen that before.

Wasn’t there shots of the Triumph Tour on the From Motown to Off The Wall Blu Ray? That looked like film to me?

��

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think it was film? Will have to re watch it, or are you referring to the snippets from the Destiny Tour? That's certainly film footage. Completely unrelated but how awful was the instrumental from the Victory Tour? Its a shame because Michael's performances were beautiful, however he was feeling towards the situation.

I think I will buy the 2 LP Live album.

i just hope it is remastered good so it sound as it should.

I think I will buy the 2 LP Live album.

i just hope it is remastered good so it sound as it should.

Idk how the new LP will sound, but the current remasters (actually they're from 2008) sound superb! (you can listen here to preview snippets of those if you like)

Idk how the new LP will sound, but the current remasters (actually they're from 2008) sound superb! (you can listen here to preview snippets of those if you like)

Not only that, but the original pressing of the album sounds perfect already. I honestly don't get the point of this release. Sure, it's out of print, but it's not like it doesn't exist anymore. You can buy this original album for real cheap.

Not only that, but the original pressing of the album sounds perfect already. I honestly don't get the point of this release. Sure, it's out of print, but it's not like it doesn't exist anymore. You can buy this original album for real cheap.

There you go. Answered your own post. People will want a new copy.

There you go. Answered your own post. People will want a new copy.

There's no need to. The record is out there and you can even find sealed copies. This release is pointless unless it included something else :)

Hulkamaniac;4316682 said:
There's no need to. The record is out there and you can even find sealed copies. This release is pointless unless it included something else :)

There's one new copy on eBay and it's £40. Is this £40? :)

Back