The greatest HIStory Tour concert (pro versions)

innuendo141

Proud Member
Country
Ireland
What do you guys think? With all this talk that a HIStory concert could be released (in Blu ray, HD or whatever other nonsense is irrelevant here) what do you reckon is the show that should be released? I know we can fall back on the argument that every show was recorded so we should see Prague, Amsterdam or Dublin :)blush:) but of the professionally recorded shows that are available. which one do you think would represent Michael the best as a performer? Clearly the audio for Munich was altered to make the songs sound like Brad Buxer was playing a CD player instead of keys. Michael's voice was not in the best of shape in the Munich we all have.

I may go with Bucharest 96, because of the setlist. The only drawback with the setlist is it's missing Blood on the Dance Floor (my favourite song). Copenhagen seems good either.

Prague is the show that should be released on Blu-Ray, if it was indeed shot with HD capacity cameras. Best dancing i have seen would have to be either Helsinki or Munich, best vocals would be either Brunei or Gothenburg (for the 2 front of house live vocals of course)

Michael's voice was not in the best of shape in the Munich we all have.

MJ had stomach problems right before the Vienna show (actually, it was close to cancellation), resulting in his poor performance a few days later in Munich.

Personally, i would like to see his last HIStory concert in Durban (i hope a pro edition of this concert will be available in the future)

Last edited:
Hard to say. I like to watch Munich because the quality is great.

I enjoy watching it too, i consider it to one of the "Big 3" concerts between this, Yokohama and Bucharest 92. These were the best quality gigs we had for years and years so these 3 will always be the shows I think of respective to each tour.

I think they should get in an expert, watch everything they have from the tour in great detail, strategically take the very best moments of MJ's dancing performance & tightly edit together one superb experience. Add in alternative takes & demo versions for his vocals to give it a more realistic feel, add in the live vocal of Scream from Brunei, it's not perfect but it's live, pitch it slightly better. Tweak the coloring on the lights to compliment it more and give it a bit more depth and make it a bit more moody. There were moments of inspired dance and energy from MJ during the tour & at times his spins were incredible. Take all those moments of inspiration and make it seamless.

Amsterdam June 10th 1997. That's the show I have seen live and it was mesmerizing. His dancing was top notch and the live bits were awesome. You guys watch the amateur footage of this concert and you'll instantly understand what I mean. The energy was phenomenal!

Amsterdam June 10th 1997. That's the show I have seen live and it was mesmerizing. His dancing was top notch and the live bits were awesome. You guys watch the amateur footage of this concert and you'll instantly understand what I mean. The energy was phenomenal!

I feel the exact same way about Dublin. There is a bit of bias in there, but lots have said that Dublin is a great performance. You can hear it in his voice and a great Billie Jean.

Always hear people talk about Amsterdam too.

I think they should get in an expert, watch everything they have from the tour in great detail, strategically take the very best moments of MJ's dancing performance & tightly edit together one superb experience. Add in alternative takes & demo versions for his vocals to give it a more realistic feel, add in the live vocal of Scream from Brunei, it's not perfect but it's live, pitch it slightly better. Tweak the coloring on the lights to compliment it more and give it a bit more depth and make it a bit more moody. There were moments of inspired dance and energy from MJ during the tour & at times his spins were incredible. Take all those moments of inspiration and make it seamless.

Perhaps they could call it "Re-writing HIStory"??? ;)

^^Lol, perhaps! Things have been added & tweaked before though, Dangerous Bucharest, & This Is It had a ton of vocals added such as Earth Song 'What About Us demo, & lots also pitched down such as Heal The World to make him sound deeper. I've got nothing against any of it & enhancing live shows for official release is quite common practice. Also Another Part Of Me uses 4 or 5 different performances. I really just want Mike presented in the best way possible. :)

Kuala Lumpur was always good. I also enjoyed Brunei 1996 but the awful quality is hard to get into.

I disagree for people who took Brunei as his best HWT concert. I mean, the performance is good, but it lacks most of the things. His vocals are good but not as I heard it from Kuala Lumpur 2nd night. Like, if you listen closely, the adlibs are pretty boring in Brunei. There was also less dancing. I appreciate his energy and all but I wouldn't call his Brunei performance the best HWT. For me, Kuala Lumpur 2nd night beats Brunei in everything.

Prague is the show that should be released on Blu-Ray, if it was indeed shot with HD capacity cameras. Best dancing i have seen would have to be either Helsinki or Munich, best vocals would be either Brunei or Gothenburg (for the 2 front of house live vocals of course)
Vocally, I disagree. I would add Kuala Lumpur 2nd night

I'm not sure if they should release HIStory Tour concert but if they do it needs to be one in HD.

I would love to see the Birthday concert i 4K - mostly because I was in the audience - but also because it was a little different.

Most other HIStory concerts are almost identical.

Wembley 1997 and release it with the Bad Tour, the Dangerous concert we have Jam from.. MJ always stepped it up a level at Wembley

Wembley 1997 and release it with the Bad Tour, the Dangerous concert we have Jam from.. MJ always stepped it up a level at Wembley
Jam was very energetic & it'd be great if they could find the edited Bad tour Wembley show caught on film & release it alongside whatever they're planning to release next ( it was also a little different as it's the only Bad tour show they increased the tempo for half the songs for some reason).

It would be a great release - MJ - Live at Wembley, it was BAD, it was Dangerous and made History.

I feel the exact same way about Dublin. There is a bit of bias in there, but lots have said that Dublin is a great performance. You can hear it in his voice and a great Billie Jean.

Always hear people talk about Amsterdam too.

I was at the Dublin concert, amazing show

Back