The Hoax Theory - Discussing Errors, Inconsistencies, Observations and Other Theories

@Antwort : The Man seems like a much too long shot. But "viewed from the perspective of the hoax" as you say and songs, Xscape would make more sense I think... as if he was preparing a future exit (and I heard he was very angry when that one leaked...). Two others that I think could make sense are For All Time (released in 2008 an MJ insisted to have this on Thriller 25th) and This Is It (released in 2010 after retitling to "This Is It") assuming MJ would sing them to the public/fans and not to some anonymous woman.

(Now, I don't generally believe in this kind of theories, there were a few signs that could be given some credits... like MJ saying in I don't remember which interview that he wanted to disappear before growing too old (or something like this). But many theories just seem to be very random. I would just not be 100% surprised if MJ didn't die on June 25 2009, but I don't really "believe" anything.)

If you wanna find clues and things that "dont add up" - you can find them anywhere.
Yeah that's called "cherry picking".

Last edited:
Reactions: SoS
I think of it all as an exercise in critical as well as independent thinking and forebearance with all others who see things however they see them.

Group think in my opinion is largely at play, especially when mass media is the conduit for information.

I say that because I’ve noticed that people who “believe” keep rehashing the same “clues” many of which sound too preposterous to be true even on the off chance that they are...such as the word, “ALIVE” on the crinckles of his lip, and frankly I put the slip up of the lyrics in Smile, by Jermaine at the memorial in that category because let’s face it, singing at a sibling’s funeral is patently difficult and that lyric switch is easy to do under pressure.

On the other hand, there are some things that are screaming loud and nobody notices at all, such as the so-called “bloody shirt” which someone evidently used while dying their hair, AND as if the police would have just LEFT a bloody shirt just hanging in a closet!!

Or never circling back with an investigation.

I think fans are ALL in some kind of denial because it’s all very difficult. Especially for fans since 1970. I think we just try and see the big picture.

There seems to be a gradient as to what classifies as 1. interesting, 2. fascinating and 3. compelling

You all might categorize these differently but this is to me:

1. interesting (crinkled lips seem to read, Alive, the appearance of the sitting up body in the helicopter, the impression of MJ jumping out of the van...)

2. fascinating (the revealing time portion of the surveillance tape missing, the auburn hair dye on the shirt, the ancient picture used to prove it to the world, Dave Dave on Leeza Gibbons show, Paris clearly wearing an ear-prompter (and going in her purse to operate it). It appears so to my eyes anyway which could mean anything or something if so

3. compelling (The possessive apostrophe after his name over the film title, the characters in Gilda, Latoya saying, “it’s all an illusion watch the illusionist”, him being referred to strictly by the
“version” of his middle name instead of his legal middle name, exclusively, post June 25 2009, Jermaine saying “this is it but this is really not it”

Nobody seems to want to delve too deep and I must say I agree even though I have wished to have someone chop it up with me but at the end of the day, whatever it all really is, it is, and all the analyzing in the world isn’t going to change anything.

Last edited:
This MJ is alive hoax is just beyond ridiculous. Of course like most big artists when they die there are these theories! I'll say this though, by continuously pushing he's alive - it robs his close friends family from appropriately grieving and processing his passing. Each time someone speaks, there words are twisted, analyzed and disregarded as a 'lie' when they speak of their brother, uncle, friend Michael.

Michael Jackson passed away in June of 2009. Don't let these hoax theories fool you, there will always be conspiracy theories around anything in the public eye. There are people that still believe the earth is flat and make documentaries about it....

This MJ is alive hoax is just beyond ridiculous. Of course like most big artists when they die there are these theories! I'll say this though, by continuously pushing he's alive - it robs his close friends family from appropriately grieving and processing his passing. Each time someone speaks, there words are twisted, analyzed and disregarded as a 'lie' when they speak of their brother, uncle, friend Michael.

Michael Jackson passed away in June of 2009. Don't let these hoax theories fool you, there will always be conspiracy theories around anything in the public eye. There are people that still believe the earth is flat and make documentaries about it....
Now this is one very original concept... #sarcasm

Is it because the family are entertainers, that they say these things… “watch the illusionist “ WHY did she say that??? Does she like the mystery of it???

Reactions: SoS
Now this is one very original concept... #sarcasm
Not sure if that was a shot at my post but I don't see too many people comment on how it affects his family...

Not sure if that was a shot at my post but I don't see too many people comment on how it affects his family...
I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to offend you, with my sarcasm. It just blows my mind every time someone goes to the effort of 1. Paying attention to the thread’s title longer than a fraction of a nano-second before scrolling on past it. 2. Actually click on this actual thread itself and MOST of all 3. Take the time to type ALL THAT (referring to your first remark not the one quoted) to be dismissive of the whole topic. It always strikes as a bit disengenuious for that reason

...and you’re not the first or only and won’t be the last to do it.

They mostly do all the exact same things. Rarely EVER taking anything of GRAVE CONCERN to one of their fellow fans point by point - just completely dismissive as if everything surrounding Michael’s death is as normal as white on rice.

They ALL go through all 3 of those steps above, just to be DISMISSIVE.

It reminds me of how everyone claims to “dismiss” Pearl jr and yet she has OVER twenty seven THOUSAND (27,000+) subscribers so that’s the general explanation for my sarcasm and I apologize.

Honestly I don’t intend to make anyone feel bad by reading my opinion not the family of course, nor any fellow fans, and all of whom I also trust would be mature enough to uphold my right to have it, especially in view of obvious unanswerable questions.

Disclaimer: If it all feels like some kind of “marketing ploy” to me I apologize as I cannot help seeing through sales/marketing lenses which is why my questions remain in my head despite the fact that it doesn’t matter anymore if it ever did and I do accept the fact that our MJ is gone as he is dead.

The family IMO are not easily “offended” by fans having obvious questions and have been in their position long enough to have noticed that fans come in all forms with a variety of viewpoints about them, many of which are a LOT more offensive than concerned fans still looking for answers.

No offense intended. If threads like this offend them they would avoid it altogether don’t you think?

I actually believe that those most proned to being offended are fellow fans who cannot conceive of their most revered entertainers - “lying” - to them in some way, as if everything about “show” business is completely 100% real and everything you see from a camera shot is literally “worth a thousand words”..that if it’s in quote marks it has to be the TRUTH...our G.O.A.T.s would NEVER, ever “lie” to their “all important” FANS...especially about something as serious as death ...right?

and we know Michael would never play around with something so serious as death-

Unless you count Thriller, Ghosts , Gilda..

I put “lie” in quotes in my comments above because I stand by the concept that imho any entertainer reserves the right to give their audience (theirs is quite world wide) whatever “show” they choose to, and in these days of “reality tv” in all of its varieties, there’s quite a very fine line so I have to challenge anyone’s being offended by normal, genuine, obviously concerning questions about something so serious as our Michael’s death- which I have no reason to doubt happened- without cause. I’m old enough to know that death definitely does happen. It’s a natural fact of life. I’m also old enough to know that there are times to heed the old adage, “Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see”

even given the fact that ironically I actually completely accept the fact that Michael Jackson is dead, regardless to my unending inquiry into these aggravating mysteries that some fans just totally dismiss. I would actually love to know how to do that.

And, if this is by chance an elaborate “ruse” full of “red herrings” as appearances and some evidences suggest, it wouldn’t exactly be odd for fans to be “lied to” when you consider other “lies” fans were led to believe were true from the beginning of the career. Why not the end too?

Where do fans even get, “Michael would NEVER lie to his fans” when his fans heard him (sorry) “lie” from the beginning?

Will someone be KIND enough to PLEASE explain the reasoning on that?

Why doesn’t it offend me that if he had to “lie” his way in, he could “lie” his way out! I mean the man was actually only human, hard working dishing himself out to everyone great and small, his WHOLE LIFE...and so of course since he had ZERO normalcy his WHOLE LIFE what if he decided to retire? How in creation would he do it? Announce his retirement? Would that stop people following him everywhere on earth? Sleeping outside his home? What if he actually wanted to be with someone he’d known forever? Or who or whatever else? How come he couldn’t want a shot at healing before it ended for him for real? What if he chose to choose himself over his fans and knowing he had to do it at 50 or never...what if the strongest part of him had to create a believable unfortunate scenario for a world that’s going to think what it wants anyway, to save his sanity

How could he ever have (had) a shot at a normal wife-life if he wanted one, or normal chance to just feel whole and complete wholeness for himself ever, with females and males too always following and fawning and throwing themselves at him and so on.

It really shocks me the tunnel vision, and self-serving, temerity of “fans” who wouldn’t let that man have his space in peace. Obviously I’m speaking for only my own perspective of if I were in his/their shoes but then I really dislike too much attention in any case and was not born for that like Michael was so admittedly I cannot relate to his life, just my own unconditionally optimistic imagination and I do not feel that I’d be offended or surprised if I were to find out that just as David had to play crazy in the wilderness when escaping for his life from King Saul, that MJ & Fam had to do whatever they had to do. (Bible reference: https://biblehub.com/1_samuel/21-13.htm )

It makes me krayzee every time I hear a fan says, “Michael would never lie to his fans”. No he wouldn’t , I do agree, unless he had zero choice just like in the beginning.

Was Michael “lying” when he said Diana discovered them? Was he “lying” when he as an acne survivor was drinking fruit juice and selling Pepsi?

In The Motown Story, Michael said, “We did this show in Gary for the mayor...Diane was sitting in the audience, she saw our act, she liked it, she came backstage and talked to us and she said bring us to Motown..” and since then the narrative changed after the truth was revealed about Bobby Taylor being the one who discovered them when they opened for him in Chicago via Gladys Knight who saw them first. He “lied” guys.

The royal show biz family cannot be surprised that some fans will not easily let Michael “go” and if fans did easily let MJ go with so many glaring unanswered questions lingering, I’d think they would probably be offended by that.

If their loved one actually died they’d likely understand exactly why fans’ questions continue after all this time. If we don’t have the answers they know we don’t have answers.

I have actually wondered if this may be what they meant by, “..remember we always said if we have a chance we’ll plan our work and work our master plan”. Whatever was meant by that the family only knows but remember the song was written for you and for me to interpret.

I’d also imagine that the family are well aware that the entertainer who had fans sleeping outside his house probably has fans that will not just swallow, “oh his middle name changed” “oh the heart doctor didn’t know cpr” “oh the few revealing moments of the surveillance tape immediately went lost” “oh just go watch the illusionist” and just be ok with, “oh he’s just dead”.

I do hope that wherever he is he’s at peace. The world isn’t any kinder either way, we keep the prayers going.

“Heavy is the head that wears the crown”. We fans sometimes forget that.

Last edited:
I actually think it's an insult to MJ's person to think he would fake his own death... - Makes no sense IMO.

I actually think it's an insult to MJ's person to think he would fake his own death... - Makes no sense IMO.
With so many aspects to it, which specific part makes the least sense to you? You think the song Xscape wouldn’t make it make sense to you? How bout Privacy.

Last edited:
To look after clues in songs like Xscape and Privacy makes no sense to me...

If you really want to find a clue - I guess you can find clues in almost every MJ song - if you just twist the meaning and turn it so it fits the narrative you want...

MJ running away from Paparazzi in Billie Jean video. - Could it be a clue, MJ wants to Xscape the paparazzi? And the paparazzi means the puplic eye. Meaning MJ left a clue he wanted to get away from it all and wanted Privacy...

Right, Michael Jackson 'faked his death' and has various celebs know about it and leave clues for his fans... Has Sony release the Cascio tracks on an album, allowing various controversies continue that negatively affect his legacy. Allow Wade & James to get away with their allegations on the merit of the ability to slander the dead.. Put his family through the pain to make it believable yet they are the same ones leaving clues as well. Dressing up as living recognizable people - spending time with family/friends under those disguises... The list continues!

legal documents having 'Joseph' over 'Joe' being the biggest bombshell is not that big. Even I (have a shortened middle name of my father's name) have legal documents that say I am named both ways. It's a common issue for many people, now imagine if Joseph's/Joe's name was used interchangeably for 4 decades in public platform attached to MJ.

Edit... Conrad would not have asked for Prince to come to the room.. get Alverez to start gathering drugs (hiding evidence) = creating a cover story.. Order several months worth of Propofol under aliases to 'wean' Michael off the drug If he was a part of a big plan of faking a death on June 25th.

Last edited:
It has been quite interesting reading this thread.

Personally speaking, I believed that Michael faked his death for nearly 2 years after his death. There was a youtuber (can’t recall his name) that I used to watch back in 09/10 and he had me convinced that Michael was alive and was going to make his comeback on the one year anniversary of his death, but that obviously didn’t happen.

Back when I believed that Michael faked his death, I was convinced by the lyrical content of songs like Xscape, The Man, in which Michael sings about escaping and getting away. I was also convinced by the very strange coincidence that Michael’s hair caught fire at the exact mid point of his life.

But eventually I came to terms with the sad reality that Michael isn’t alive. Michael was one of the most famous people of all time. There is no way he could have got away with faking his death, especially in this day and age of social media, smart phones and high quality cameras. He would have been caught by now, had he faked his own death.

Also, we saw how upset Michael’s family was when he passed. His daughter Paris literally cried at his memorial service. I don’t think Michael would be selfish enough to put his family through that experience. Even if his family knew, it would still be wrong of Michael to want them to pretend to be sad and upset over his “demise.”

Lets not forget the whole Conrad Murray case. Are you trying to say that Michael sent an “innocent” man to jail? Not to mention the fact all the law enforcement, judge, lawyers that were part of the case. They were in on the whole Michael Jackson faking his death plan?

Also, if Michael is really alive, would he allow Sony to release an album featuring an imposter? Surely if Michael is alive, he would still actively be involved in all the “posthumous” releases.

I think it’s time people accept that Michael is dead. There is no point living in a false hope that Michael is alive somewhere and someday he might make a comeback. That is not happening. People should accept the sad reality that Michael is really gone for good.

Last edited:
It has been quite interesting reading this thread.

Personally speaking, I believed that Michael faked his death for nearly 2 years after his death. There was a youtuber (can’t recall his name) that I used to watch back in 09/10 and he had me convinced that Michael was alive and was going to make his comeback on the one year anniversary of his death, but that obviously didn’t happen.

Back when I believed that Michael faked his death, I was convinced by the lyrical content of songs like Xscape, The Man, in which Michael sings about escaping and getting away. I was also convinced by the very strange coincidence that Michael’s hair caught fire at the exact mid point of his life.

But eventually I came to terms with the sad reality that Michael isn’t alive. Michael was one of the most famous people of all time. There is no way he could have got away with faking his death, especially in this day and age of social media, smart phones and high quality cameras. He would have been caught by now, had he faked his own death.

Also, we saw how upset Michael’s family was when he passed. His daughter Paris literally cried at his memorial service. I don’t think Michael would be selfish enough to put his family through that experience. Even if his family knew, it would still be wrong of Michael to want them to pretend to be sad and upset over his “demise.”

Lets not forget the whole Conrad Murray case. Are you trying to say that Michael sent an “innocent” man to jail? Not to mention the fact all the law enforcement, judge, lawyers that were part of the case. They were in on the whole Michael Jackson faking his death plan?

Also, if Michael is really alive, would he allow Sony to release an album featuring an imposter? Surely if Michael is alive, he would still actively be involved in all the “posthumous” releases.

I think it’s time people accept that Michael is dead. There is no point living in a false hope that Michael is alive somewhere and someday he might make a comeback. That is not happening. People should accept the sad reality that Michael is really gone for good.
I’ll take the last one of the three first and work backwards just in terms of rationale alone:

3. The mystery of posthumous release is the whole point of immortality. Questions without answers as a marketing strategy equates to immortality as a brand

2:
“Are you trying to say that Michael sent an innocent man to jail?”
It happens via agreements all the time with strong enough motivation such as helping out a friend and being financially set thereafter. It’s not a novel concept of those more savvy among us...

As for his family, they were sad because Michael died due to the unfair treatment by the world, whether his body and spirit became separated or whether his family had to become separated from him for life. Death is death either way, loss is sad...

There was no reason for them to not be sad especially considering the theme of the event let’s face it...in fact any human’s memorial would be sad, would it not????.

I don’t declare any position, again; I’m only examining rationale alone

Last edited:
MJ saying in I don't remember which interview that he wanted to disappear before growing too old

Anyone remembers where he said that? Because I was just wondering, I have a vague memory of some interview from about the early 2000s or so... but right now I wonder if I haven't heard that in some "unreliable" source... but I don't know all the interview by heart.

Anyone remembers where he said that? Because I was just wondering, I have a vague memory of some interview from about the early 2000s or so... but right now I wonder if I haven't heard that in some "unreliable" source... but I don't know all the interview by heart.
Didn't he say something like this in the interview with the rabbi? Rabbi Boteach (sp?). I've only listened to a short 20 minute version of that so can't remember properly. But I think that's where it crops up. Michael says he's frightened of getting old. Maybe he doesn't say 'frightened' but something similar.

Those Boteach tapes, I don't know if they qualify as 'unreliable' but there are certainly question marks over whether he should have released that material at all and whether he edited the material in a responsible way.

Didn't he say something like this in the interview with the rabbi?

When I wrote something potentially "unreliable" I was thinking more of the Stein family tapes or something like that, but if I'm not mistaking they're rather from the early 90s.

I found it in the Boteach tapes extracts indeed: "
(First Shmuley asks him if he thinks the Beattles "disappearance" was a good thing.)
(MJ says year and refers to Marily Monroe who died young.)
- So is that an argument, Michael, for you to say on day, "That's it"?
- Yeah, I would like to in some kind of way, disappear where people don't see me anymore- at some point, and just do my thing for children, but not be visual. To disappear is very important.
- So do you want to have a long life?
- I think growing old is the ugliest - the most- the ugliest thing- I wanna always be youthful and- and have the energy to run around and play hide and seek, which is one of my favorite games. / I saw it [picture] on the computer. It made me sick when I saw it.
- Why?
- I look like a lizard. I look like- it's horrible. I- I don't like- I never like it. That's why I whish I could never be photographed or seen. And I- I push myself to go to the things we go to. I just don't want to look old and- and- and start forgetting. I hate to see people grow old, Shmuley. When the body breaks down and you start to wrinkle, I think it's so bad.
- So you wanna die young?
- Huh, I don't wanna grow old.
- You don't want to die young?
- Uhm, you're asking me an interesting question. / You sure you want my answer?
"

(Note: I'm still not saying I believe in the hoax theory or anything, this just one of the rare things I could consider as some hint than cherry picking.)

Last edited:
I found it in the Boteach tapes extracts indeed: "
(First Shmuley asks him if he thinks the Beattles "disappearance" was a good thing.)
(MJ says year and refers to Marily Monroe who died young.)
- So is that an argument, Michael, for you to say on day, "That's it"?
- Yeah, I would like to in some kind of way, disappear where people don't see me anymore- at some point, and just do my thing for children, but not be visual. To disappear is very important.
- So do you want to have a long life?
- I think growing old is the ugliest - the most- the ugliest thing- I wanna always be youthful and- and have the energy to run around and play hide and seek, which is one of my favorite games. / I saw it [picture] on the computer. It made me sick when I saw it.
- Why?
- I look like a lizard. I look like- it's horrible. I- I don't like- I never like it. That's why I whish I could never be photographed or seen. And I- I push myself to go to the things we go to. I just don't want to look old and- and- and start forgetting. I hate to see people grow old, Shmuley. When the body breaks down and you start to wrinkle, I think it's so bad.
- So you wanna die young?
- Huh, I don't wanna grow old.
- You don't want to die young?
- Uhm, you're asking me an interesting question. / You sure you want my answer?
"
Yeah, that's the one I was thinking of. Very sad.

I was wondering if anyone on here still believes in the death hoax. Testing the waters a bit. I was a member well over a decade ago and tried to talk about Michael faking his death but many people were so hostile back then. I was wondering if by now the dust had settled a bit and if some non believers maybe have changed their minds or the other way around. I still believe he is alive, and I don't think that's disrespectful.

Wondering if there's more on here!

I was wondering if anyone on here still believes in the death hoax. Testing the waters a bit. I was a member well over a decade ago and tried to talk about Michael faking his death but many people were so hostile back then. I was wondering if by now the dust had settled a bit and if some non believers maybe have changed their minds or the other way around. I still believe he is alive, and I don't think that's disrespectful.

No, I believe he is dead. But I agree about the hostility with fans.

I spent some time a decade ago looking up the death hoax. But I was 15 and just unwilling to mostly come to terms with MJ being gone. I wanted to cling to him coming back as some sort of vindication of him. When the truth is, he honestly would have it easier being deceased. This world is so unfair, he deserves his reputation and to be left alone either way. So yeah, he could technically be "in hiding", but there's no "comeback" planned. That would still be so incredible and it's such a vivid idea but alas, not in this world.

I spent some time a decade ago looking up the death hoax. But I was 15 and just unwilling to mostly come to terms with MJ being gone. I wanted to cling to him coming back as some sort of vindication of him. When the truth is, he honestly would have it easier being deceased. This world is so unfair, he deserves his reputation and to be left alone either way. So yeah, he could technically be "in hiding", but there's no "comeback" planned. That would still be so incredible and it's such a vivid idea but alas, not in this world.

I strongly disagree. His work in the last 21 years of his life as "King of Pop" tells a different story. I am surprised so many fans underestimate the man to such a degree. Not sure why that is.

I strongly disagree. His work in the last 21 years of his life as "King of Pop" tells a different story. I am surprised so many fans underestimate the man to such a degree. Not sure why that is.
There's nothing to disagree with. That's how I see it, that's my stance. If anyone could pull it off, it'd be him, sure. But you'd think these allegations would've stopped by now. Nothing is at peace, so why would MJ be allowing that? That's my question for you to ponder.

There's nothing to disagree with. That's how I see it, that's my stance. If anyone could pull it off, it'd be him, sure. But you'd think these allegations would've stopped by now. Nothing is at peace, so why would MJ be allowing that? That's my question for you to ponder.

You're not thinking as you should. The question you should be asking is why are there still allegations trying to take a man down who supposedly died broke and with a tarnished reputation? These things are only done to people they fear. How can you fear a dead man? And you assume it's in his power to stop the allegations. I wonder how that would work?

You're not thinking as you should. The question you should be asking is why are there still allegations trying to take a man down who supposedly died broke and with a tarnished reputation? These things are only done to people they fear. How can you fear a dead man? And you assume it's in his power to stop the allegations. I wonder how that would work?
We know why, he's their scapegoat. Ever since he bought the Beatles they've resented him. And if he was still around, exerting any control, he'd absolutely have Robson and Safechuck in line.

We know why, he's their scapegoat. Ever since he bought the Beatles they've resented him. And if he was still around, exerting any control, he'd absolutely have Robson and Safechuck in line.
Just curious..did you become an avid fan as you are, after June 25, 2009?

Back