The Iconic Beat It and Thriller Jackets replaced for TII "WHY"

Do You prefer the iconic jackets ( from bad,dangerous,HIStory tours ) or the New ones from TII

• ICONIC

Votes: 58 69.9%
  • NEW ONES

Votes: 25 30.1%

• Total voters
He didn't wear the Beat It jacket on his 30th anniversary celebration either.

I thought it was just an ordinary leather jacket *shrug I guess I'll always see it as red.

there was an interview with Christian Audigier
he showed some of the clothes line he had designed for the concerts
they were inspired by the iconic ones but they looked different
& there was also a "BAD" belt

he said that this would've been the "Beat it" jacket
beatit.png

"Thriller"
thrill.png

"Bad"
grammy84shirt.png

the "BAD" belt
badbuckle.png

the Glove
glovel.png

These clothes were supposed to be merchandise items to sell to the fans.

Ignore Christian Audigier. You really think MJ would wear that tshirt on stage? emm no! Those were designs CA was doing for fans more like!

Michael Lee Bush was designing some amazing versions of the classic costumes for This Is It. Search on google.

Read this:http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2009/06/30/exclusive-look-michael-jackson%E2%80%99s-last-costume/

June 30, 2009 | 3:36 pm
Previous | Next

EXCLUSIVE LOOK: Michael Jackson’s Last Costumes

michael-jackson-500x375.jpg

Michael Bush-Tompkins/Bush archives
As Michael Jackson prepared for his final This Is It tour, friends on set say the pop star was never better. “He’s still a terrific dancer,” says costume designer Dennis Tompkins, who worked with Michael Bush to create an “over the top” wardrobe for the tour. On his final night of rehearsal, Jackson “was doing the moonwalk. Everything!” says Bush. “He did the whole show full out at performance level. He was like, ‘When are we going to London? Let’s go. I’m ready.’” He was also on a creative high. “Working with Michael for 25 years we had never seen his creativity at this level,” says Bush. “It was like where is this coming from? I get goose bumps thinking about what this visual was going to look like.” Though the show won’t go on, Bush and Tompkins gave PEOPLE an exclusive look at just that. Here’s an inside look at what you might have seen. –Charlotte Triggs
1. A THRILLING JACKET: Costumers Michael Bush and Dennis Tompkins re-created Jackson’s iconic looks for each of the 26 songs he was to perform, but the singer asked, “How can we take it to the next level?” Bush recalls. The solution? Fiber-optic lights sewn onto his red leather “Thriller” jacket, for a surprise light show timed to the music.
2. OLD FAVES: Jackson was going to back his signature crystal glove and socks, which caught the light — and assured that even fans in the back could see him dance. “He was so excited to perform,”says Bush.
3. A MILITARY SALUTE: For the star’s rendition of “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You,” Bush and Tompkins created a “regimented, military” look.
4. BELTS AND WHISTLES: Tompkins had to make sure items like this jeweled belt would fit Jackson’s slight 27 3/4 inch waist, but says his weight was not an issue: “He was a bit smaller, but he was always thin.”
5. MAJOR DANCE MOVES: Jackson’s new Billie Jean suit held 7.5 lbs. of Swarovski crystals and 60 lights, so the star made sure he could do a spin before signing off. “The dance came first; costumes were secondary,” says Bush. “And his moves were sharper than ever.”
Click here to see all of PEOPLE.com’s coverage of Michael Jackson.

Last edited:
Personally I think Audigier's clothing looks like gaudy crap, and I think he even thinks it since he doesn't wear it and pumps it out on any product for as long as the fad will last. There was an interesting GQ article/interview w/ him the other month. . . . He kept mentioning Michael too, like "I am so famous, Michael Jackson came to my birthday!" And he put a billboard up after June 25 of a picture of him and Michael.

We didnt see the newer ones that were
still iconic as per Michael Bushes designs

I dont think he wore these Jackets in rehearsal
But Im sure we will get to see them in the movie
or at least skectches of them ..

Audigier's clothes were NOt for the concert
it was for a clothing line he was doing.

Ignore Christian Audigier. You really think MJ would wear that tshirt on stage? emm no! Those were designs CA was doing for fans more like!

Michael Lee Bush was designing some amazing versions of the classic costumes for This Is It. Search on google.

Read this:http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2009/06/30/exclusive-look-michael-jackson%E2%80%99s-last-costume/

June 30, 2009 | 3:36 pm
Previous | Next

EXCLUSIVE LOOK: Michael Jackson’s Last Costumes

michael-jackson-500x375.jpg

Michael Bush-Tompkins/Bush archives
As Michael Jackson prepared for his final This Is It tour, friends on set say the pop star was never better. “He’s still a terrific dancer,” says costume designer Dennis Tompkins, who worked with Michael Bush to create an “over the top” wardrobe for the tour. On his final night of rehearsal, Jackson “was doing the moonwalk. Everything!” says Bush. “He did the whole show full out at performance level. He was like, ‘When are we going to London? Let’s go. I’m ready.’” He was also on a creative high. “Working with Michael for 25 years we had never seen his creativity at this level,” says Bush. “It was like where is this coming from? I get goose bumps thinking about what this visual was going to look like.” Though the show won’t go on, Bush and Tompkins gave PEOPLE an exclusive look at just that. Here’s an inside look at what you might have seen. –Charlotte Triggs
1. A THRILLING JACKET: Costumers Michael Bush and Dennis Tompkins re-created Jackson’s iconic looks for each of the 26 songs he was to perform, but the singer asked, “How can we take it to the next level?” Bush recalls. The solution? Fiber-optic lights sewn onto his red leather “Thriller” jacket, for a surprise light show timed to the music.
2. OLD FAVES: Jackson was going to back his signature crystal glove and socks, which caught the light — and assured that even fans in the back could see him dance. “He was so excited to perform,”says Bush.
3. A MILITARY SALUTE: For the star’s rendition of “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You,” Bush and Tompkins created a “regimented, military” look.
4. BELTS AND WHISTLES: Tompkins had to make sure items like this jeweled belt would fit Jackson’s slight 27 3/4 inch waist, but says his weight was not an issue: “He was a bit smaller, but he was always thin.”
5. MAJOR DANCE MOVES: Jackson’s new Billie Jean suit held 7.5 lbs. of Swarovski crystals and 60 lights, so the star made sure he could do a spin before signing off. “The dance came first; costumes were secondary,” says Bush. “And his moves were sharper than ever.”
Click here to see all of PEOPLE.com’s coverage of Michael Jackson.

I couldn't help but bring this up here. I was shocked! Michael's waist 27 inches???? I am 28 inches, a woman, and people who know me always say I have a waist to die for. Measure yourselves....is this normal for a man???

These costumes are amazing. Although I wish he would have brought back this Thriller jacket.
mjpic1a.jpg

There are some jackets/body in the background of this pic from Bush. Are they old?

jacketsbkgrd.jpg

^^ Wow Amazing, looks like a replica of the Bad Tour suit but in Blue, bet the flame one would have been for Dirty Diana

I can't stop laughing at the thought of Michael coming out onstage to perform some iconic hits in a printed T shirt and a generic black belt with a buckle that reads "BAD".

Shame on you for even considering believing that was true. :lol:

And I wouldve killed to see Mike in that Thriller outfit that's posted a page back or two, I for one really dug his skinnier, tighter fitting recent style.

I can't stop laughing at the thought of Michael coming out onstage to perform some iconic hits in a printed T shirt and a generic black belt with a buckle that reads "BAD".

Shame on you for even considering believing that was true. :lol:

And I wouldve killed to see Mike in that Thriller outfit that's posted a page back or two, I for one really dug his skinnier, tighter fitting recent style.

I know...so silly! These clothes are for ordinary people :p

I want the "BAD" tshirt :ph34r:

Back