The Interview (2014/2015)

Zakk

Proud Member
If & when some information come's to light regarding a Blu-Ray/Cinema release, please post it in this thread. I am a big fan of Seth & James, so any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Ok. As of yesterday Sony said even pay for view distributors were not willing to play it.

Surely they can just distribute it online, like put it on their store for those who want to see it?

CNN asked that question and also asked him about putting it on YouTube for the world to see. He said they were considering all options.
It sounds like they really didn't know what to do and no other studios were being supportive.

I hope they will release it. I wasn't interested of seeing it before but now I am. They shouldn't just do what North Korea says them to do. Some theaters tried to show Team America when they stopped The Interview release but they weren't allowed. Great movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEaKX9YYHiQ

:D

News flash. Some select US theaters just announced they were going to show The Interview on Christmas.

Sony to Release ‘The Interview’ in Theaters, on VOD Despite Threats:
http://www.thewrap.com/sony-set-to-announce-the-interview-theatrical-vod-release-exclusive/

Sony Pictures is set to release the cancelled Seth Rogen comedy “The Interview” in theaters and on video on demand, TheWrap has learned.

The studio is expected to announce the planned release on Tuesday, according to an individual with knowledge of the studio’s plans.

Momentum has been growing across the country to reverse a decision to cancel the movie’s Christmas Day theatrical release after threats and a cyber-hack by North Korea.

The plan is apparently to release the film simultaneously in participating theaters and via video on demand. The Plaza theater in Atlanta and a theater in Austin have now said they will distribute the film.

A plan to distribute “The Interview” over Dish Network fell apart after talks between Sony and the satellite TV provider broke down over the weekend.

The exact list of distributors was not immediately available, but the Art House Convergence, a national coalition of smaller, independent movie theaters, on Monday told Sony Pictures that its members are willing and anxious to screen “The Interview.”

Sony CEO Michael Lynton has said since the cancellation last Thursday that his studio has every intention of releasing the film. “There are a number of options open to us and we have considered those and are considering them,” he told CNN on Friday.

Breaking News: Sony just announced they will stream The Interview in YouTube. Thursday. Details to come.

I'm just reporting alerts from Associated Press as they come over my phone. They just announced the theaters in my city were sold out.
Crazy over what I consider a stupid movie. I'm not the target audience.
They also said it would be on Xbox and 'seetheinterview.com.'

Watch all this be a big publicity stunt. Lol.

I'm just reporting alerts from Associated Press as they come over my phone. They just announced the theaters in my city were sold out.
Crazy over what I consider a stupid movie. I'm not the target audience.
They also said it would be on Xbox and 'seetheinterview.com.'

Watch all this be a big publicity stunt. Lol.

I'm hoping it will be released in Cinema's, here in the UK! it looks fantastic, i enjoy comedies and if it is anywhere near as good as 'This Is The End' was then it will be wonderful.. i hope at least for a Blu-Ray..

Back