The Jackson 5 Thread

Going Back To Indiana Part 1

[youtube]GiXAWVa11Jg&fmt=18[/youtube]
[youtube]to73Ge4CFes&fmt=18[/youtube]
[youtube]eqpQYaw1esE&fmt=18[/youtube]
[youtube]otXtlQn7L-A&fmt=18[/youtube]

Going Back To Indiana Part 2

I think the person who uploaded this skipped some numbers, that is why there isn't a "06", "10", or "14".
[youtube]TiBPMXgnJrM&fmt=18[/youtube]
[youtube]kPAlLMgW1KQ&fmt=18[/youtube]
[youtube]Z5IewkW2bl4&fmt=18[/youtube]
[youtube]t97pOgy9Odo&fmt=18[/youtube]

Going Back To Indiana Part 3

[youtube]OJRg4w7LV8Q&fmt=18[/youtube]
[youtube]x31yCGMspIg&fmt=18[/youtube]
[youtube]5UAWoAXAgZQ&fmt=18[/youtube]
[youtube]M_0k9dfQz4U&fmt=18[/youtube]

Wow, I didn't know this thread existed. I love this thread. I've been a fan of the J5, although I've been a casual fan up until recently. The more I saw of them the more I love them and for me they're my way of hanging on to Michael. I also like I said, found them to be lovely men.

I also love this thread.I'm in the making of a very special project for the jackson family it's called love for the jackson family if anyone wants to participate and contribute something to it please PM and I will give you details.

*bump*. I think Kristy's idea is so good. I'll find her original thread and link it here.

I also love this thread.I'm in the making of a very special project for the jackson family it's called love for the jackson family if anyone wants to participate and contribute something to it please PM and I will give you details.

Slow down gurrrllll!! I think I love ya!! :yes:

I will pm you as I'd love to know more about this idea you have!

I love the J5! Baby MJ.........awww :wub:

Sing-Along to the Jackson 5's Biggest Hits With New J Is For Jackson 5 Album From Universal Music Family

Collection Features Karaoke Bonus Versions Of "I Want You Back," "The Love You Save," "I'll Be There" and "Mama's Pearl"

LOS ANGELES, March 30 /PRNewswire/ -- The Jackson 5 were fun to listen to and they were also a family. It is no surprise, then, that singing along with them to "ABC" or "I Want You Back" has brought other families together for decades and continues to do so today. Universal Music Family's J Is For Jackson 5 (Motown/UMe), released today, collects a dozen of the group's most mom-, dad- and kid-friendly greatest hits and fan favorites on one album – and adds karaoke versions of "I Want You Back," "The Love You Save," "I'll Be There" and "Mama's Pearl."

Those four original master recordings were converted to split tracks – vocals on one channel and instrumentals on the other. When the balance control is turned one way, the vocals disappear; when turned the other way, the instrumentals fade away. So everyone can sing-along to the instrumental track without a karaoke machine or to the vocal track a cappella. The lyrics are provided in the album booklet. For the other selections, fans can sing-along to the full original recordings.

Until they emerged from Gary, Indiana, there had never been a singing group or a family quite like The Jackson 5. With Michael first hitting the big time when he was just 11 years old with teenage brothers Jackie, Tito, Jermaine and Marlon, the Jackson 5 became one of the biggest pop music phenomena in history, scoring No. 1 Pop hits with their first four singles...

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...bum-from-universal-music-family-89501462.html

Thanks for posting these video's DuranDuran. I will check them all out when I get a chance.

I just hope one day Michael's estate will work with Universal and help enhance J5's legacy. It SO needs to be done, all the performances, concerts... I mean, how is it possible a gem like Live at The Forum was unreleased for 40 years? And I think something should be done about availability of J5's albums, they're almost impossible to find nowadays, even though there's even been recent remasters done.
There's so much more to Michael Jackson than the OTW - TII period...

I just hope one day Michael's estate will work with Universal and help enhance J5's legacy. It SO needs to be done, all the performances, concerts... I mean, how is it possible a gem like Live at The Forum was unreleased for 40 years? And I think something should be done about availability of J5's albums, they're almost impossible to find nowadays, even though there's even been recent remasters done.
There's so much more to Michael Jackson than the OTW - TII period...
I know! like how can motown let the Jackson 5 cartoon sit in the vault and it should be a crime that i think cbs has kept the Jackson's variety show in the vault too, those shows are amazing. Also there should be some release of their performances/concerts. The Jackson 5 are ones of the best groups of the last century they should definately have more to their legacy, maybe because the lead singer was Michael Jackson people didn't worry too much about the Jackson 5 but Like you said there is so much more to Michael's legacy pre Off The Wall. Watching him perform as a child and young adult only solidifies his status as the greatest entertainer ever.

Back