The Jackson Family actions concerning Conrad Murray. [Discussion Thread]

I know that some people don’t feel that there is a correlation between KJ declining to seek restitution and CM running his mouth and trashing MJ. They say “Restitution would not have stopped him from talking”.

Think of it this way.
You decide to bake cakes and sell them for $5 each around town in order to make money. You must use the bakery oven on the other side of town to bake the cakes. That means getting up at 3 am and walking 4 miles to get to the bakery. You don’t mind because just thinking about the money you are going to earn makes it all worthwhile.

But then the owner of the bakery says that you must give him (or her) $4.50 per cake for the use of the oven.

Now, sure you can keep getting up at 3 am and walking 4 miles every day, baking your cakes and selling them all over town but after you hand over most of your earnings you won’t make enough money to even pay for your supplies.

What would you do?

Once the incentive of money is removed, most people change plans.

sfosteredi;3934633 said:
I know that some people don’t feel that there is a correlation between KJ declining to seek restitution and CM running his mouth and trashing MJ. They say “Restitution would not have stopped him from talking”.

Think of it this way.
You decide to bake cakes and sell them for $5 each around town in order to make money. You must use the bakery oven on the other side of town to bake the cakes. That means getting up at 3 am and walking 4 miles to get to the bakery. You don’t mind because just thinking about the money you are going to earn makes it all worthwhile.

But then the owner of the bakery says that you must give him (or her) $4.50 per cake for the use of the oven.

Now, sure you can keep getting up at 3 am and walking 4 miles every day, baking your cakes and selling them all over town but after you hand over most of your earnings you won’t make enough money to even pay for your supplies.

What would you do?

Make further plans and buy me my own oven !

Sorry i want to understand honestly, but i still dont get it how KJ could have stopped CM

Help..

sfosteredi;3934633 said:

Think of it this way.

What would you do?

Your example starts with someone having a healthy working mind...

Do you think CM is having one when you hear him talking?

I don't think so. He seems to have a severely developed narcistic personality... if you look that up you'll find he will never be tired to tell everybody how innocent and heroic he is while others do have the guilt for everything bad... and he'll never get tired of telling everybody and himself as long as he gets the platform for telling... you even could offer him money to stop, he most likely would not stop even then cuz he thinks what happened is sooooooooo unfair to him and only him and he has to tell that to the world... well that's my personal bet. *shrugs*

Murray may be crazy but he is not stupid. He is making a living now by trashing Michael in the press and I call that crazy like a fox. We all saw this coming and Michael's family should have tried to protect MJ by taking away Murray's ability to make money.

Make further plans and buy me my own oven !

Sorry i want to understand honestly, but i still dont get it how KJ could have stopped CM

Help..

For me, the only way that asking for restitution does not make sense is if you believe that Murray's has other motivations other than money.

Do you think he is talking about Michael merely in an effort to clear his name and restore his reputation?

I believe he is doing these interviews because he is a sociopath and a narcissist. And the money doesn't hurt either! But if he knew that every time he suffered through a long flight with children bawling, poor food, abrasive Customs agents, and abusive Michael Jackson fans, to give a nasty-minded interview about Michael, he had to hand over the cheque to Katherine Jackson he would be a tad bit discouraged!!! (apologies for the long sentence).

I can just imagine - the interviewer says 'here's your cheque' and Katherine Jackson says 'where's my cheque?' That would wear anybody down!

Sure he could find other subversive ways to do trash Michael, but those ways would not be as financially rewarding.

My personal view is that it may not have stopped Murray from the doing the rounds, but it certainly would have stopped him from PROFITTING from doing the rounds.

Last edited:
My personal view is that it may not have stopped Murray from the doing the rounds, but it certainly would have stopped him from PROFITTING from doing the rounds.

^^
This !!

First of all Murray is money oriented. He doesn't have a job, he doesn't have his medical license so he's selling stories for money. Even if anyone believes that Murray is not money oriented and would have talked no matter what, restitution would have stopped him from profiting.

I believe if Murray had to hand over his money to Katherine and PP&B he wouldn't be talking.. He is trashing MJ for money and we all saw it coming. Judge Pastor and the DA Walgren knew it was coming too, that's why they encouraged Katherine to seek restitution. She refused because of greed and she thought it would jeopardize her getting money from AEG if she won that lawsuit. She lost and Murray is on a mission to make money anyway he can. It's very sad that Katherine didn't care enough about her son to fight for his reputation against his killer.

I think we should had seen this comming on how much KJ "is caring" for Michael since she didn't show any rage against that bastard publicly when all the world found out about his passing and how she blatantly disrespected his wishes for his children by whoring them in every tacky oportunity she and the siblings got. :no:

Last edited:
I haven't followed every twist and turn of this saga and I'm unclear about the restitution issues that keep coming up and causing such anger and emotion.

If someone would care to give me a brief, to the point, unbiased, calm explanation of the situation I'd be really grateful. Thanks.

I was reading this about restitution and according to this link, Jackson's wouldn't even had to go after CM
The Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) would have collected the money from CM
http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/victim_services/restitution_collections.html

So every time when CM gives an interview, "family" could have contacted on this CDCR telling them that CM was blabbing on media and got paid, they would have done their job and collected the money.

This bit is interesting too:
http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/victim_services/restitution_additional.html

I was reading this about restitution and according to this link, Jackson's wouldn't even had to go after CM
The Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) would have collected the money from CM

So every time when CM gives an interview, "family" could have contacted on this CDCR telling them that CM was blabbing on media and got paid, they would have done their job and collected the money.

I knew this... Judge Pastor and DA Walgren gave Katherine restitution on a silver platter.. She didn't have to fight for anything. It would be given to her. She refused and voluntarily offered her deceased son's head and reputation on a silver platter to Murray to bash and trash. It's heartbreaking that Katherine doesn't care about any of this.

I knew this... Judge Pastor and DA Walgren gave Katherine restitution on a silver platter.. She didn't have to fight for anything. It would be given to her. She refused and voluntarily offered her deceased son's head and reputation on a silver platter to Murray to bash and trash. It's heartbreaking that Katherine doesn't care about any of this.

I'm not sure but someone mentioned that restitution would have gone only to Michael's kids, but because KJ is kids guardian , she was allowed to refuse it. I hope she will live her reminding days regretting it, every single say.

karma_cafe.jpg

I'm not sure but someone mentioned that restitution would have gone only to Michael's kids, but because KJ is kids guardian , she was allowed to refuse it. I hope she will live her reminding days regretting it, every single say.

karma_cafe.jpg

Oh so that's why she rejected it... she wouldn't get it, it would only go to PP&B..What a shame! She cared more about Murray's kids than her own grandchilden

Yip. And upon his release, the Order would have been referred by Corrections to the California Francise Tax Board who automatically has authority to garnish wages and place liens on property. Restitution orders are also enforceable as if they were civil judgments. (No need exists to convert restitution orders to civil judgments.) However, they aren't dischargeable in bankruptcy like civil judgments, nor are there any statutes of limitations. Criminal restitution would have hung over his head forever given the amount Walgren wanted.

^^ So basically "family" didn't have to do a thing, it would have been taken care of but government agency until the whole restitution was collected.
"FTB will pursue collection no matter how long it takes until the restitution is paid. There is no time limit. Further, offenders in bankruptcy cannot discharge their victim restitution obligation."

Actually if CM had made to pay restitution, it would have started already while he was in jail:
Q. How is restitution collected while I am in prison?
A. The California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation automatically collects 50 percent of prison wages or other money deposited into your trust account to pay your restitution. The Department will always collect money to pay direct orders before collecting money to pay for restitution fines.

There would have been 50% less money for him to take phone calls to media and other crap him pulled during his stay in jail.

I just cannot wrap my head around this restitution thingy :bug-eyed:
It is so insane action from KJ that makes me wonder should she be under conservatorship?

^^^ It makes even more outrageous KJ decided to drop the restitution. She's making mistakes after another, un-fukking-believeable!
She handed that prick in a way of making a living off her murdered son in a gold plate! SMFH :no:

Katherine goes to an attorney and he is the one who is supposed to give her the best advise for her. Her team of lawyers told her to refuse the restitution, and we all know the reason why. Now the same lawyer is taking stabs at Muarry and calling him out. What did he expect Muarry to do once he was free? He advised Katherine to take a gamble and lost. I only hope that now that Katherine's attorney is answering Muarry, he does not send a bill to the estate for payment for dealing with Katherine vs Muarry issues. I have not forgotten that they sent the estate a bill because they claimed they dealt with Paris attempted suicide.

I agree with what you are saying about Kat's attorneys saying anything about Murrray when they were the advisers telling her not to seek restitution. They should be called out for that.

Also Katherine's attorneys for AEG didn't send the Estate a bill over the work done for Paris. That was a different attorney through TJ. Plus any bill for work done in reference to the children goes to the Estate as it should. Michael supports his own children's needs and attorneys for his children through the Estate. Look at it this way, we don't want the Jackson's having anything monetary to hold over the children. Their father takes care of it all

Katherine goes to an attorney and he is the one who is supposed to give her the best advise for her. Her team of lawyers told her to refuse the restitution, and we all know the reason why. Now the same lawyer is taking stabs at Muarry and calling him out. What did he expect Muarry to do once he was free? He advised Katherine to take a gamble and lost. I only hope that now that Katherine's attorney is answering Muarry, he does not send a bill to the estate for payment for dealing with Katherine vs Muarry issues. I have not forgotten that they sent the estate a bill because they claimed they dealt with Paris attempted suicide.

While I agree with you that her lawyer advices her in legal matters, but in no doubt in my mind that they explained pros and cons to KJ. For a big company like Panish and this high profile case, they couldn't make a mistake that could come back and bite their arses later on. I don't think they took a risk and told KJ only pros, and not cons, and that could have put them in the position KJ might sue them from legal malpractice.
KJ was made well aware of pros and cons (irony) and here we have the result of her gamble.

While I agree with you that her lawyer advices her in legal matters, but in no doubt in my mind that they explained pros and cons to KJ. For a big company like Panish and this high profile case, they couldn't make a mistake that could come back and bite their arses later on. I don't think they took a risk and told KJ only pros, and not cons, and that could have put them in the position KJ might sue them from legal malpractice.
KJ was made well aware of pros and cons (irony) and here we have the result of her gamble.

yes I totally agree.. Katherine knew, but all she cared about was money. She admitted she was suing AEG for 'financial reasons'.. She didn't care what Murray would say about MJ. Katherine has never protected MJ in life let alone in death. Michael was basically her provider and she didn't seem to care what was going on with him because he was 'providing' for her. The fact that her son had a host of ailments and issues, and she seemed not to be bothered or concerned about any of it, speaks volumes to me.

^But maybe the real client, Randy, was the one who understood the implications fully. Did Katherine really understand that they could lose this case and then Muarry could profit from his crime for years to come? Sometimes I wonder if she really understood the fine points.

Last edited:
Katherine knew... Back when she refused the restitution, Randy went on twitter saying that the siblings didn't agree and that was not their decision. He was basically blaming Katherine and her attorneys for the refusal of restitution.

So Randy is the reliable spokesperson for all his siblings... :scratch:

Petrarose;3935645 said:
^But maybe the real client, Randy, was the one who understood the implications fully. Did Katherine really understand that they could lose this case and then Muarry could profit from his crime for years to come? Sometimes I wonder if she really understood the fine points.

Don't you remember her testimony on stand? She brought the lawsuit herself and didn't even consult PPB or her own cubs :cheeky:
I think KJ was well aware of implications, but simply doesn't see anything wrong what CM is blabbing about MJ? She too has told to media all sort of thing of MJ, so maybe she doesn't think much of it.

Taking into consideration what she said in all the interviews she has done since MJ's passing, taking into consideration her replies on stand, and what she wrote in her book, I believe she is not clueless as you would think. She might be slow to answer, but behind there is this woman who knows exactly what is going on.

I recently re-read her book, and this time I didn't read it because I wanted to see what she said about MJ, but because what she said about herself. Joe gets too much of credit for few things that fans have been accusing him of, KJ should be put in the same line with Joe. She is as clever and ruthless as Joe, if not more.
--------------------------

A little reference of KJ's state of mind and why she thinks that it doesn't matter if MJ is dragged through the mud over and over again, whether it is AEG trial or CM talking on telly. This snippet is from her paid Daily Mail interview (she invited DM to her home) and was conducted before CM trial and Latoya's mockery tribute concert:
"Does she think that she can feel him around her and communicate with him and his spirit? She shakes her head. ‘Michael’s sleeping now and I know he’s not conscious of anything.’ She says this as a measure of ultimate sadness and relief. The profits from the concert will go to his favourite charities."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...nging-Prince-Paris-Blanket.html#ixzz2mUupOTu6

So she says MJ cannot suffer any more, and nothing that is being said cannot hurt him, but what about how MJ is going to be remembered, or what about his kids?
They are very conscious and alive, but she is so self-centered that she cannot put what is best for kids first.

Last edited:
Paris tried to commit suicide yet Katherine is still going on with this..

Paris tried to commit suicide yet Katherine is still going on with this..
Paris is the least of her concern. KJ has a billion dollar lottery she's trying to win so she can feed her deadbeat sons.

Where is Joe? he's been awfully quiet in this production.. He's leaving all the dirty work to Katherine.

Back