The Jacksons Las Vegas Residency

Petrarose;3954550 said:
^^Does that mean the Jacksons will show videos of themselves on Oprah? I am not clear about that part.
http://lasvegas.greatlocalnews.info/?p=52532
WICKED WHISPERS & RACY RUMORS

TV titan Oprah Winfrey and sports legend Magic Johnson have recorded video stories about The Jacksons to be played in their new show “Rocktellz & Cocktails” starting Feb. 20 at Planet Hollywood in rotation with Meat Loaf, who returns there Feb. 13.

^^Thanks, but why can't the Jacksons just talk about their stories since they are there in person? Why go the video route?

^^Thanks, but why can't the Jacksons just talk about their stories since they are there in person? Why go the video route?

Maybe the videos from Magic Johnson and Oprah (of all people) are breaks for the bros to rest or change clothes.
It's interesting to hear that they are performing on days alternating with Meatloaf when he's resting his voice. After hearing Meatloaf's "singing" at a political rally last year, I suspect he will need lots of rest.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L-D6zj5U1g

Maybe the videos from Magic Johnson and Oprah (of all people) are breaks for the bros to rest or change clothes.
It's interesting to hear that they are performing on days alternating with Meatloaf when he's resting his voice. After hearing Meatloaf's "singing" at a political rally last year, I suspect he will need lots of rest.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L-D6zj5U1g

^^Oh thanks. I guess when you minus the video content they will not be singing too long?

Too funny about Meatloaf.

They haven't sold many tickets at all! They have sold to their first gig around 200 tickets.
Oops, I see urgency to go to recording studio coming up:cheeky:

Bubs you have me cracking up here with the studio comment. It is so appropriate in this context. Thanks for the laugh. Seriously they have to really campaign and send out notices to all the Jackson fans. There are many Jackson fans out there, now whether they love to spend money on shows, I don't know. I know Michael fans love spending money on shows.

Well, now they have another 4 weeks to attract 800 fans.
Should be possible even for the Jacksons and to prevent urgency to go to recording studio.

^^Have there been big ads about it? The tourists need to see those ads. Many people plan out what shows they will go to see before they make a trip to Vegas.

With O's generous contribution to their show, I think they'll return the favor and O will be the first to interview Paris whenever she really comes out of seclusion. I wonder if she'll have the Jacksons on a "Next Chapter" segment, too, to promote the Vegas show. No one plays media games better than O.

With O's generous contribution to their show, I think they'll return the favor and O will be the first to interview Paris whenever she really comes out of seclusion. I wonder if she'll have the Jacksons on a "Next Chapter" segment, too, to promote the Vegas show. No one plays media games better than O.

Yes, Oprah is the queen of the media game and manipulating things in her own favor, since she knows anything connecting her to MJ is good for publicity of her once flailing network. From history, we know Magic Johnson is considered a family friend. I'm assuming the inclusion of films from him and from O during the concert is because she is being considered/portrayed as a family friend too, which makes me cringe.

What can we say about nearly every Jackson gleefully appearing with O on TV after O persistently trashed MJ left and right during his life, after he initially helped boost her career to new heights? She seemed to do her best to convince the public that MJ was guilty of the accusations, including during the 2005 trial deliberations (which Randy acknowledged he was aware of on Twitter). Despite her continuing to say crap about MJ after he died and never apologizing or recanting, Katherine went on camera telling O she was proud of O's accomplishments and let her exploit MJ's grieving kids on camera and touch MJ's private artwork, while Joe and most of the other Jackson grandkids angled for camera time with O. Separately, Janet and then Tito and Jackie appeared on her show to promote their projects, then Jackie goes on a public teenage fantasy "date" with her for her show, and LaToya signs up to do a reality show on her network with occasional appearances from other family members.

Maybe one could say they worked with her on TV because they have to use the outlets available in show business and Oprah was just one of the few outlets they have to promote themselves. However, something about including film of Oprah every night in their show while singing MJ-led J5 songs and MJ's solo songs seems a bit much under the circumstances.

Last edited:
If it happens DC, I hope Prince is wise enough to realize that she would only use him for her benefit and that school where Paris is don't allow her to give "interviews."

Well, Oprah was a HUGE fan of the Jackson 5. She wanted to marry Jackie. I'm sure that played a role in having her make a video.

18e2da700bdc261771a51940afa2c33cfce3a815.jpg

http://www.mtv.com/artists/the-jacksons/tourdates/

Chi Showroom

3667 S. Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, NV, 89109
(702) 785-5555
An exciting new 1,500 seat venue, the Chi Showroom offers guests a dynamic environment to enjoy a variety of today's best attractions. The home of the highly stylized production "Peepshow", the showroom also hosts celebrity comedians such as David Spade and Wanda Sykes, sensational European illusionist Keith Barry and Hollywood film premieres for films such as "Get Smart", "21" and "Saw V".

- BASE Entertainment

http://calendar.reviewjournal.com/las_vegas_nv/venues/show/1127409-chi-showroom

Jackie interview in USA Today about Las Vegas shows
Published on Monday, 27 January 2014 21:07

http://www.jackson-source.com/news/1418-jackie-interview-in-usa-today-about-las-vegas-shows

Be sure to read this interview with Jackie for USA Today - The Jacksons perform in RockTellz & CockTails: The RockTellz & CockTails series at Planet Hollywood isn't just a concert. It's more of an intimate show with legendary artists who share personal stories, sing their biggest hits and take audiences on a journey through their illustrious careers. And careers don't get more illustrious than that of the first family of music, The Jacksons. The four brothers, Jackie, Tito, Jermaine and Marlon, took their Unity tour on the road in 2012, but are settling into the Planet Hollywood for 40 shows starting February 20.

"It's a show that's specially made for the theater," eldest brother Jackie Jackson said. "This is not a traveling show, going from country to country. This the one place that you can do some wonderful things because you don't have to pick up and go, so we can do a lot of different things here."

The Hall of Fame inductees and one of the most beloved music groups of all time have hits you know and love, including Can You Feel It (one of Jackie's personal favorites), ABC, I'll Be There and I Want You Back. Hearing these songs live and listening to the stories behind them will give guests an up-close-and-personal look into The Jackson's history, which will of course include stories of their late brother Michael.

"There's always a tribute to our brother," Jackson tells us. "We never ever forget him, he's always part of our show, his spirit is always on stage with us. He's part of The Jackson 5, he was there with us from the very beginning, and he's going to be part of this show as well."

The show is so fresh, The Jacksons are still working on which of their many stories they want to tell and which songs to include, but one thing remains the same: the way the brothers perform together.

"The same dynamics are still there for us," Jackson explains. "We like it, the way we move on stage and the fans loving it, and we're enjoying it at the same time. Although we are older, we still got the steps in us. It looks good so far!"

Sounds like a nice show featuring, their standard hits, some personal stories behind the songs and a tribute to MJ included ( as should be). I think they will do better in Vegas then on the road.

^^One of their striking features since the Jackson 5, was the unity of action and singing of the members on stage. To me they had a quality that other groups did not have. I guess this had something to do with Joe's orchestration.

Robin Leach ?@Robin_Leach 2 Std.
Latest inside news of new Jackson's show at @phvegas including new Michael Jackson secrets @vegasdeluxe later today

Oh dear--new Michael Jackson Secrets^^. How about new Jermaine, Tito, Jackie, Marlon secrets.

Oh dear--new Michael Jackson Secrets^^. How about new Jermaine, Tito, Jackie, Marlon secrets.

Anything they can do to inject MJ into their shows will help them get publicity and sell tickets, which don't seem to be selling very fast yet. I doubt Robin Leach or anyone else would care enough to mention them sharing their own "secrets," not that they'd likely tell that much about themselves anyway.

Last edited:
There are no more secrets unless someone saved Michael's life again like Jermaine did. They could just say they will have some fun stories about the J5 and leave it at that. People will go see them because of their music and not because they have a lame story about Michael. If they do some good ads, they should get some more sales.

I think there is a double standard that people see something like the Cirque shows but instantly scoff at the Jacksons. These are the real deal, this is the group that performed with Michael for over a decade. They were a band regardless of what people like to think. Of course MJ was the star and was the best performer but you can not deny the other brothers of their due credit. It was called the "Jackson 5" and "Jacksons" for a reason, it was a group not a solo act. With Cirque you get hundreds of people in a show that never performed with Michael in there entire life.

I saw the Jacksons Unity Tour in 2012 at the Greek Theater. They put on a wonderful show and are great singers, dancers, and players. Their choreography is synchronized and their vocals are smooth. Marlon's an especially great dancer. Look at the setlist for their shows, there is no way Michael would have ever played stuff like "Time Waits For No One", "Looking Through The Windows", "All I Do Is Think of You", or "Heaven Knows I Love You" live. Even "Blame It On The Boogie" and "Shake Your Body Down To The Ground" haven't been performed in decades by Michael.

I am not huge fans of the brother's solo work, but their impact with the Jackson 5 and Jacksons can not be denied. Think about it this way, every girl had her favorite Jackson and it wasn't always Michael. I think it can be hard some times for fans on MJ boards to understand the group dynamic they had.

Michael is the best entertainer in the world and there is no one who can perform like him. However that does not mean his brothers aren't great.

I think there is a double standard that people see something like the Cirque shows but instantly scoff at the Jacksons. These are the real deal, this is the group that performed with Michael for over a decade. They were a band regardless of what people like to think. Of course MJ was the star and was the best performer but you can not deny the other brothers of their due credit. It was called the "Jackson 5" and "Jacksons" for a reason, it was a group not a solo act. With Cirque you get hundreds of people in a show that never performed with Michael in there entire life.

I saw the Jacksons Unity Tour in 2012 at the Greek Theater. They put on a wonderful show and are great singers, dancers, and players. Their choreography is synchronized and their vocals are smooth. Marlon's an especially great dancer. Look at the setlist for their shows, there is no way Michael would have ever played stuff like "Time Waits For No One", "Looking Through The Windows", "All I Do Is Think of You", or "Heaven Knows I Love You" live. Even "Blame It On The Boogie" and "Shake Your Body Down To The Ground" haven't been performed in decades by Michael.

I am not huge fans of the brother's solo work, but their impact with the Jackson 5 and Jacksons can not be denied. Think about it this way, every girl had her favorite Jackson and it wasn't always Michael. I think it can be hard some times for fans on MJ boards to understand the group dynamic they had.

Michael is the best entertainer in the world and there is no one who can perform like him. However that does not mean his brothers aren't great.

The jacksons have spent the last 25 years procrastinating, too happy to depend on MJ financially, their little brother, for the rest of their lives. what that means is they destroyed their own careers.

In my opinion the unity show was a way to compete with the immortal show. now they are launching a Vegas residency show to compete with the MJOne residency show. Whenever the estate launches a new show, the jacksons come melding by launching their own "jackson5" version spiced up with another "tribute".

The jacksons may have been MJ brothers but they are just too immature to even begin to understand the impact and significance of MJ legacy. cirque du soleil is doing a great job at channeling MJ legacy because they get it even though they are strangers.

Last edited:
I bet the Estate wasn't expecting all the fans to like Immortal but they've done far better work keeping Michael's legacy alive than any of the Jackson's. People here are ok they're making their own money, the problem is when they have solely made it using their brother on other occasions. The less they rely on Michael, the better.

The jacksons have spent the last 25 years procrastinating, too happy to depend on MJ financially, their little brother, for the rest of their lives. what that means is they destroyed their own careers.

the unity show was a way to compete with the immortal show. now they are launching a Vegas residency show to compete with the MJOne residency show. how lame is that? whenever the estate launches a new show, the jacksons come melding by launching their own "jackson5" version spiced up with another "tribute".

The jacksons may have been MJ brothers but they are just too immature to even begin to understand the impact and significance of MJ legacy. cirque du soleil is doing a great job at channeling MJ legacy because they get it even though they are strangers.

Don't get me wrong, many member's of Michael's family have proven to do what they can to make a buck off him. There are some tribute type elements in their show that I am not a fan of. The MJ solo material should be removed, although a lot of those songs they did perform with him when he first played them live.

I have seen footage of Cirque and to me it is too strange and has many aspects of it which do not remind me of MJ or compare with how I feel about his music. The same can be said for Beatles Love. You can not say that Michael's brothers are greedy but his Estate and Cirque are not. Cirque had many years to create a Michael Jackson show but only did so after he died, and the amount of money they are making is insane. They made so much money that the Estate made a second show. Factor that in with overpriced tickets and you can understand that Cirque is all about maximizing profits.

In terms of both shows there is a huge difference between seeing the 4 surviving members of the Jackson 5/Jacksons perform their own material vs a group of highly trained acrobats moving to MJ music. To say this Cirque show has the right to tribute Michael, yet his own band mates, who grew up with him and made history together, can't is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Back