The Jacksons Las Vegas Residency

I get what you're saying guys and it makes sense but it'd be better if they included Randy. He'd leave PPB alone and wouldn't be planning schemes dismiss the Estate.

I agree that if Randy joins brothers, then he would have less time to write silly letters demanding executors resign, thinking of Michael's money they never going to get, or plotting granny-napping schemes.

Have you seen Michael's MSG concert when he is in stage and Randy comes to him and pushed him away?
Who is to say brothers wants him, and they might think there is something wrong in Randy's head and he is not stable. Maybe they think it is risky of having Randy there with them in case his head gets bigger and start thinking he is the star of the show, and goes on pushing one of them off the stage?

You're right! It would be horrible.. :no: I hope I didn't speak it into existence. I'd die if I did.

I just see it this way, MJ didn't want to go with them in life, he should not be made to do so in death.

Apparently getting your own Sin City residency these days isn't too difficult!
In fact, you could argue it's easy as 1-2-3!
The Jacksons are the latest to take their talents to Las Vegas; they just announced a 40-show Planet Hollywood gig that begins on February 20th!
Yup! The very same Planet Hollywood that's housing Britney Spears and her epic residency!!!
Sweeet!
Obviously we'd love this more if Michael Jackson was alive and involved, but this still might work!
Veterans Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, and Marlon Jackson have a bunch of hits to pull from, like I Want You Back, so the show could be totally entertaining!

Want to see the show?

Just call their name, they'll be there! (They'll be there!)

LOLz, JK! You have to buy tickets, and they don't go on sale until January 11th!
- See more at: http://perezhilton.com/2014-01-11-t...y-spears-michael-jackson#sthash.bKm0CgCe.dpuf

Vegas has I think 2 Michael related shows going on, so the Jacksons will fit right in to this environment. The number of performances is quite reasonable (40). Maybe if they do very well, they may get another contract for more shows later on.

Hmmm...The Jackson bros, who are on average about 60 years old, apparently feel fine about signing on to do 40 in-residency shows, but it was deemed outrageous for 50-year old MJ to be signed for a solo in-residency of 50 shows spaced over 9 months with a 3 month break in the middle. I guess they feel 40 is the magic acceptable number of shows. Interesting...

Last edited:
I agree that if Randy joins brothers, then he would have less time to write silly letters demanding executors resign, thinking of Michael's money they never going to get, or plotting granny-napping schemes.

Have you seen Michael's MSG concert when he is in stage and Randy comes to him and pushed him away?
Who is to say brothers wants him, and they might think there is something wrong in Randy's head and he is not stable. Maybe they think it is risky of having Randy there with them in case his head gets bigger and start thinking he is the star of the show, and goes on pushing one of them off the stage?

I hadn't seen the pushing while they were singing ABC, just when Michael tells Randy angrily, (it seemed liked that) "don't you interrupt me" before singing I Want You Back. Seriously, what the hell was he thinking? Seeing this, I'd understand why the brother wouldn't want to include Randy.

Victory22;3948751 said:
I wouldn't pay two dollars to see the Jackson's or Janet. Good luck to them but they won't get any support from me.

because you never saw one of the jackson family (incl. MJ) in concert?

I saw mj, janet, and the jacksons. and i have no regrets. i would pay every cent again for all of them.

Vegas has I think 2 Michael related shows going on, so the Jacksons will fit right in to this environment. The number of performances is quite reasonable (40). Maybe if they do very well, they may get another contract for more shows later on.
There's MJ Live at the Rio(with a sub-par MJ impersonator),and the ONE show from Cirque in Vegas at this very moment,but I think they're shutting down MJ Live soon.

mjchris;3949882 said:
because you never saw one of the jackson family (incl. MJ) in concert?

I saw mj, janet, and the jacksons. and i have no regrets. i would pay every cent again for all of them.

Michael has many more fans of his own than the other brothers or Janet?
I don't see her performing with them btw.

Lol, that was a scripted part of the show. It was a joke reference to the song OPP by the group Naughty By Nature, which sampled ABC. They did the same thing on the Victory tour where Michael and Jermaine pretended to fall out and Michael left the stage before Jermaine's solo section.

Stella how about the part of the show where Michael sort of lean on Randy and Randy shrugged him off? Is that scripted too?

Whether it's people who are fans of the Jacksons in general (Jacksons group, MJ, Janet, Jermaine, etc) or people who are on a nostalgia kick or people simply interested in the outcome, they'll have an audience

If the Osmonds who, let's be honest, only had a couple of big hits and were only kept popular by teen magazines and tv shows because they were "safe" can do a residency in Vegas, then the Jacksons who as a group had over 20 top 40 pop and r&b hits spanning from 1969 to 1989 can definitely get one. Heck, Matt Goss from the 1980s boyband Bros has a Vegas residency that's been successful

To be honest, I’m not interested in attending any show of any Jackson anymore but I wish them ALL the best of luck and all successes they can reach now. Of course I wish they could be more active and ambition before 2009 but I do wish them the best.

I don't wish them well, don't wish them bad, just don't care. And that applies mainly to Jermaine of the foursome. If he was giving a free show, I wouldn't be in the audience. Don't hate him, but won't support him, will never forget his arrogance and lack of compassion and understanding for his niece during the granny napping caper, and how after everything was over, he dismissively said it was kids just playing.

Something is missing in this guy when it comes to empathy, and he's blatantly selfish and self serving, and thinks people are generally stupid. He lies as effortlessly as Murray and has that same air of self importance. And what does it say about an artist who committed to doing Unity shows, and then cancelled them citing an album was more important. Of course, that reason is a lie too. But if I was fan who had bought a ticket to one of those cancelled Unity shows and learned that was the reason he cancelled, I certainly wouldn't be lining up to see him now. Those kind of actions wouldn't make me feel he cared about me as a fan. Especially since there's no word of said album's completion to date.

My wish is only for the people that do go to the Vegas show. Hope they have a good time.

Please stay on topic which is "The Jackson's Las Vegas Residency" Now you can discuss other performances and concerts as it relates to performing but try not to stray into off topic personal issues that are not related to this Vegas venue. Further posts of that nature will be deleted from this thread.

PLEASE READ: Posting Guidelines, Rules and Policies for 2300 Forum
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...ng-Guidelines-and-board-Policy-for-2300-Forum

Constant derailing of threads: If a thread is about Latoya or Janet on a magazine cover or Jackson's performing somewhere, please keep it to that topic. There is no need to take the thread back to what they said/did who knows when, such as granny napping's, child support issues, past interviews not related to the topic etc. If we don't enforce this, the board becomes a free for all and all threads are derailed with the same off topic discussions. If not for anything other than organisational purposes, it becomes a nightmare for the staff. Please stay on topic.
Thank you for your cooperation and as always if you have any questions or concerns PM Admin and do not derail the thread by replying or discussing moderation actions on your posts or moderation requests on the board

If I was in Vegas at the time I would go and see them. I just hoping and praying that I will there in June/July and will see THE ONE. Vegas is a good place to perform been there many times. A lot of the "old" performers end up there like TJ, EH et al. Back in the early 60's it was a wonderful place.

I don't care if they do well or not in Vegas, as long as they don't shamelessly use their brother to make money like on other moments they have done, I'm ok with it

Stella how about the part of the show where Michael sort of lean on Randy and Randy shrugged him off? Is that scripted too?

Why did randy Jackson push Michael Jackson during the 30th anniversary performance?

This was a staged moment by Michael & Randy. It wasn't real. Michael often does things like this. For example, Slash not getting off stage and MJ trying to get him off, MJ & Slash did this -

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_did_r...ing_the_30th_anniversary_performance?#slide=2

I don't think many people are ready to pay this much money to see the likes of Jermaine, Tito, Jackie, Marlon and maybe Randy wear mock MJ costumes and clown him on stage. I know I wouldn't pay a dime to see any of them, but yeah good luck, indeed.

I don't think many people are ready to pay this much money to see the likes of Jermaine, Tito, Jackie, Marlon and maybe Randy wear mock MJ costumes and clown him on stage. I know I wouldn't pay a dime to see any of them, but yeah good luck, indeed.

I saw them a year ago on the Unity tour and the show was great. Wearing "mock Mj costumes and clown him on stage" is a bit of an exagerration. They do nothing of the sort. It was all about the music and they killed it. They respectfully paid tribute to Michael by performing Gone Too Soon and showing some beautiful pictures of him on screen. During some shows Jermaine wore an Mj jacket but then so do many fans who are honouring Michael and so do the entire cast of Immortal and One. I don't believe there is anything tasteless about it.

If Jermaine starts doing the moonwalk on the other hand...

Last edited:
I'm all for them making an honest day's living WITHOUT HAVING TO RIDE YOU-KNOW-WHO'S COATTAILS lol, but I'm sorta kinda not interested lol. Good luck to them tho :unsure:...

I am glad that the Jackson Brothers are performing. They have wanted to do this for a long time When Michael was living. Congradulations and Good Luck to The Jacksons!!!!

I think fans should be happy about this..

Reason 1: So many fans hate when they do MJ tributes or this/that making money solely off Michael Jacksons name. And this is an opportunity to do something more focused on them..

Reason 2: The more they make money on projects like this the less incentive they have to use MJ or his kids to make money..

We want them to make there own money then when they do something we talk sh** about it.. I say good for them!! Let them get work, let them EARN money. There is nothing wrong with that!

YES Michael will always be correlated to 99% of what the Jackson brothers do because of several reasons.
* People want and expect to hear about Michael
* He was the lead singer of the group they were in
* They are relatives to the most famous/talked about entertainer in history

They are getting work, I'm happy for them!! And to be honest there are worse shows in Vegas than what they are describing the Jacksons are planning to do so....

^^Does that mean the Jacksons will show videos of themselves on Oprah? I am not clear about that part.

Back