The Jacksons Las Vegas Residency

Robin Leach ?@Robin_Leach 2 Std.
Latest inside news of new Jackson's show at @phvegas including new Michael Jackson secrets @vegasdeluxe later today

Jeez :doh:
They advertised their show "It's more of an intimate show with legendary artists who share personal stories, sing their biggest hits and take audiences on a journey through their illustrious careers"

Obviously they couldn't get people to buy tickets for their show if they share they own stories.
So far they have sold 1/3 or less for their 1st show which is more than bad, so now they have pull the big gun, Michael's secrets. Repulsive.

Jackie Jackson talks ‘Rocktellz & Cocktails’ run at Planet Hollywood
http://lasvegassun.com/vegasdeluxe/2014/feb/03/q-jackie-jackson-jacksons-talks-rocktellz-cocktail/

Jackie, Tito and Marlon Jackson arrive at the red carpet for Cirque du Soleil’s “Michael Jackson One” at Mandalay Bay on Saturday, June 29, 2013.

By Robin Leach (contact)

Monday, Feb. 3, 2014 | 2 a.m.
'Michael Jackson One': Red Carpet
Jackie, Tito and Marlon Jackson arrive at the red carpet for Cirque du Soleil's Launch slideshow »
Cirque du Soleil's 'Michael Jackson One' at Mandalay Bay
Cirque du Soleil's Launch slideshow »

It’s inevitable that whenever the four remaining Jackson brothers perform, they will always be asked about the fifth brother, the missing Michael. Until now, the Jacksons have kept tight-lipped about their sibling, who broke away from the brothers to go solo and became the world’s top pop prince.

But when Jackie, Jermaine, Marlon and Tito debut their “Rocktellz & Cocktails” residency show at Planet Hollywood on Feb. 20, audiences will hear secret stories about Michael.

Don’t expect them to address the tabloid tales that followed the youngest Jackson even after his death on June 25, 2009. They treasure his memory too much to spoil the good times they shared with him on tour.

However, there will be fascinating — and candid — never-before-told stories as part of the song-and-dance spectacle. Rehearsals have been underway in Los Angeles, and the brothers are trying to trim too much material, too many stories, too much music into a fast-moving, high-energy 90-minute show.

Now that they are getting ready to start final rehearsals here in Las Vegas, they have begun talking about how the show and the stories are coming together. I spoke with Jackie Jackson, who lives here in Las Vegas.

So, first, how are rehearsals going?

Oh, they’re going great, man. We’re just trying to put the songs together with the storytelling. You can’t tell too many stories because you don’t want to bore the audiences with long storytelling. They come to hear good music, as well, so we’ve got to make sure we balance the two.

Where does the show start in terms of your early lives? Back in Gary, Ind.?

Yes, back there with the music of “I Want You Back” and “ABC.” That’s how it started. You’ll hear both of those, along with “I’ll Be There.”

I’ve heard that your brothers and you are in the middle of recording a new album at the same time you’re getting this show ready

Yes, that’s correct. The good thing about it is all the brothers will be here in town for the run of the show, so we’re getting set up to get a lot of work done and record the tracks right here in Las Vegas.

How do you all feel about re-creating this extraordinary journey that you all took?

We’re so excited about this show in Las Vegas. We played here a while back, more than 20 years ago, with the whole family. So a lot of memories come flooding back. We can’t wait to come back to a Las Vegas stage. Every time we walk into rehearsals and you’re back together with your brothers and you start singing some of the songs, we all have different memories.

We’re trying to decide which songs we’re going to do and which stories to tell because there are so many. Trying to fit all these songs into a 90-minute show is the most challenging part of putting the show together. We’ll just give the audiences the best songs that we can.

There are so many, Robin. You know what, we will have to do a version of them all or hook some of them onto others so we can take ourselves and the audience back down memory lane.

Now obviously you’re going to have to tell some stories about Michael.

Absolutely, I can’t tell you everything, Robin; I can’t give it away. I can’t. … (Long pause) OK, it’s going to be stories that people didn’t know about Michael, and they really should hear them. There are stories going back to Gary, Ind., days. Stories when we were all touring. He used to hide under our beds. When Jermaine would have a girl over, Michael would hide under the bed.

You are all going to learn something new. We’ve got a lot of videos, too, that nobody has seen before, a lot of great stuff for the show. It’s going to be great. Any time we ask someone in the audience to come see us, we’re going to bring them up onstage. If you stand up and Marlon sees you, he’ll bring you up. I’m telling you right now that if you don’t want to be onstage, then don’t stand up!
Opening Night of Meat Loaf in ‘Rocktellz & Cocktails’
Opening night of Meat Loaf in Launch slideshow »

Did any of you have any hesitation about doing “Rocktellz & Cocktails”? Did you all want to do it and share some never-before-told stories?

No, no one had any hesitation whatsoever. We were excited about playing Las Vegas, and we’ve wanted to do this for a long time. When producer Adam Steck came to us and asked if we wanted to do it, we all said yes immediately.

Adam has created this unique format of where you tell stories about and around the songs that we’ve never known about. Did you see it with Meat Loaf when he debuted the concept?

Yes, I did. I went backstage with him, had a meeting with him, talked with him, and he was enjoying the format and confident that it would be successful.

So do you like it — telling untold stories, showing private family videos that haven’t been seen before? Are you finally getting to tell the stories the way you want to tell them?

Yes, for once you’ll get the true versions. There are all the brothers telling stories of exactly what happened. It’s our version of the truth — and not anybody else’s untruths.

We’re still tweaking the show, cutting it, still playing around with it. We don’t quite have it down to the exact number of minutes. We’ll do that now that we’re moving the final rehearsals to Las Vegas. Opening night is Feb. 20, and that’s not that far away now. Some nights, we’ll alternate with Meat Loaf’s new run.

We’ll do our shows Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. There will be some overlap nights when both shows are on. It’ll be fun to see how that works out. All of us are looking forward to it. We can’t wait. It’s going to be great!

For the first time, you’ll get the truth of how the Jacksons started. How things came about. Our ups and downs. It’s all Jacksons all the time. The whole focus of the show is high energy, dancing, music and lights.

Audiences will walk away feeling great, singing our music, and they’ll feel that they really got to know us individually and as a family. We’ll feel good, and I know they will, too.

I’ve heard that your brothers and you are in the middle of recording a new album at the same time you’re getting this show ready.

Yes, that’s correct. The good thing about it is all the brothers will be here in town for the run of the show, so we’re getting set up to get a lot of work done and record the tracks right here in Las Vegas.

"giggle:
That famous "album" that has been in started, been in the middle of, done finishing touches, and now back to middle of it:)
-------------------

So do you like it — telling untold stories, showing private family videos that haven’t been seen before? Are you finally getting to tell the stories the way you want to tell them?

Yes, for once you’ll get the true versions. There are all the brothers telling stories of exactly what happened. It’s our version of the truth — and not anybody else’s untruths.

It should be interesting, especially Jermaine untruths, oops truths :cheeky:

Now obviously you’re going to have to tell some stories about Michael.

Absolutely, I can’t tell you everything, Robin; I can’t give it away. I can’t. … (Long pause) OK, it’s going to be stories that people didn’t know about Michael, and they really should hear them. There are stories going back to Gary, Ind., days. Stories when we were all touring. He used to hide under our beds. When Jermaine would have a girl over, Michael would hide under the bed.

We already heard it from the horse's mouth . MJ did not seem really amused by what he saw , are they going to tell us it was healthy for a young boy to watch his older brothers having sex?!

So, Jackie's example of one of the exciting MJ stories we supposedly never heard (MJ under the bed while Jermaine screwed fans) that he is offering up as an attraction to draw people to their shows is a scene that was depicted in the Jacksons TV mini series that aired on network TV to millions of viewers and has been seen by millions in its numerous reruns on cable? This same little under-the-bed story had been mentioned in interviews and books even before the mini-series aired on TV the first time.

They must really not have any MJ stories to tell that haven't already been told. It's not hard to see why though, because they have had decades of interviews, a TV mini-series, 2 books from Katherine, 2 books from LaToya, LaToya's infamous Jack Gordon-era Jackson Family Secrets Hotline and interviews, LaToya's early columns in teen magazines about the J5, 1 book from Jermaine, a book from Joe and even a book from Janet with MJ mentions, along the family serving as sources to MJ biographers and other writers. This doesn't even include MJ's own book, interviews, TV specials, & TV reports. They've already over exposed what they knew of him before he went solo and they don't seem to know too much about his life once he went solo.

Last edited:
Michael told those reckless incidents on Moonwalk, they were because it's not healthy psychologically a child witnessing his brothers getting laid. They have nothing new to say about his brother, they should stop riding on Michael's coattail and relying on themselves instead. Too many decades using him already.

I'm not defending them and saying they are saints, cause that clearly is not the case. However, people need to have a better understanding of them then spouting "They are awful people trying to steal money from Michael's legacy", instead of giving them a fair chance. To do 40 shows in a row is a lot of hard work. They put on great performances. To act like they are just sitting there stealing money and have no right to do songs that they performed is crazy to me.

Last edited:
So, Jackie's example of one of the exciting MJ stories we supposedly never heard (MJ under the bed while Jermaine screwed fans) that he is offering up as an attraction to draw people to their shows is a scene that was depicted in the Jacksons TV mini series that aired on network TV to millions of viewers and has been seen by millions in its numerous reruns on cable? This same little under-the-bed story had been mentioned in interviews and books even before the mini-series aired on TV the first time.

They must really not have any MJ stories to tell that haven't already been told. It's not hard to see why though, because they have had decades of interviews, a TV mini-series, 2 books from Katherine, 2 books from LaToya, LaToya's infamous Jack Gordon-era Jackson Family Secrets Hotline and interviews, LaToya's early columns in teen magazines about the J5, 1 book from Jermaine, a book from Joe and even a book from Janet with MJ mentions, along the family serving as sources to MJ biographers and other writers. This doesn't even include MJ's own book, interviews, TV specials, & TV reports. They've already over exposed what they knew of him before he went solo and they don't seem to know too much about his life once he went solo.

If that is the best they can come up with, they must be prepared to sing in front of empty seats.
I mean they can't tell you anything about their showmanship, their musical craft, how as brothers they were creating music, how each were contributing to the band. instead we have a group of men in their 60s resorting to lurid stories in a desperate bid to get attention. How embarrassing!

and they wonder why nobody takes them seriously.

About the interview I hope they are not going to make it seem as though Michael willingly hid under the bed and make some big joke out of it. There are instances where Michael was told to go hide under the bed, by the brothers so that they could "entertain" their fans. I hope families don't take their little children to that show.

Last edited:
I'm not defending them and saying they are saints, cause that clearly is not the case. However, people need to have a better understanding of them then spouting "They are awful people trying to steal money from Michael's legacy", instead of giving them a fair chance. To do 40 shows in a row is a lot of hard work. They put on great performances. To act like they are just sitting there stealing money and have no right to do songs that they performed is crazy to me.

They are trying to steal/want money from Michael and his estate. They have done very little that have not included MJ one way or the other.Why sing Michael's songs from his solo career when they have enough songs from J5 and The Jackson's time?Why they feel that they want to advertise their show telling Michael's secrets? I'm sure they have enough of their own secrets to sell their own show.

About this story element in the show, I am trying to think of more stories they could come up with that they already talked about:
-under the bed--already mentioned
-motivation comments Michael made to himself--already mentioned
-Michael selling candy to kids in Gary--already mentioned
-Michael running away from Joe--already mentioned
-Michael using a lot of perfume--already mentioned
-Michael wanting to tour with them again--already mentioned
-Michael being saved by Jermaine--already mentioned
-Michael dancing to washing machine--already mentioned
-Michael waking up in night to see James Brown on tv--already mentioned
-Michael as a picky eater--already mentioned

^^Have there been big ads about it? The tourists need to see those ads. Many people plan out what shows they will go to see before they make a trip to Vegas.
I live in Vegas and I've seen absolutely nothing.I've seen more promo for the ONE show over the Jacksons' show,and those ONE ads hardly come on TV as it is.

They are trying to steal/want money from Michael and his estate. They have done very little that have not included MJ one way or the other.Why sing Michael's songs from his solo career when they have enough songs from J5 and The Jackson's time? Why they feel that they want to advertise their show telling Michael's secrets? I'm sure they have enough of their own secrets to sell their own show.

I'm an MJ fan, not a Jacksons fan.. All I meant to discuss in here was the double standards fans have saying Cirque is a true tribute show yet the actual Jacksons who were part of the Jackson 5 and Jacksons are a cheap cash in. They both are there to make money, one has much better production values, one has much more historical value. I definitely have a problem with what the brothers have said about Michael, you imply that I have said otherwise though. The brothers have many problems.

Michael's own brothers who performed with him for years, including material from his first two solo albums, can not perform his songs. However, a bunch of acrobats all over the world who have never even met Michael Jackson have the right to do so, and when they make money it is fine. We have to think about both shows in an unbiased way. There are good and bad things about each.

Michael's own brothers who performed with him for years, including material from his first two solo albums, can not perform his songs. However, a bunch of acrobats all over the world who have never even met Michael Jackson have the right to do so, and when they make money it is fine. We have to think about both shows in an unbiased way. There are good and bad things about each.

Brothers making money out of Michael and his memory to benefit themselves, but those acrobats are making money for Michael's estate (his kids and KJ) and keeping his legacy going, and Cirque was something that Michael wanted to do when he was alive, so it's only good. Secondly, as I said in my previous post, They have enough songs from their own solo career, J5 and The Jacksons time, so why do they need to perform Michael solo songs? Any other band out there that uses solo material from departed member's solo career is seen as money grab. I couldn't imagine John Lennon performing songs from Paul's solo career, or wise versa, I cannot see reminding members of N Sync singing songs from Justin's solo career, see my point?

Michael wouldn't stand any of what has happened since his passing and you wouldn't see cubs telling Michael's secrets for trying to get more audience to their show, nor you wouldn't see them singing Michael's songs.

They had to resort discounting the ticket prices, which I thought were way to hight to beginning with:

Limited Time Offer: Save more than $40 on an upgrade from P2 to P1 Seating!
Only: $93.50 (Regular Price: $136.65)

FREE Upgrade from P2 to P1 Seating
$93.50
Meet and Greet Add On
$400.00
P1 Seating - Save over $20
$115.50
P2 Seating - Save Over 15%
$93.50
P3 Seating - Save 20%

so you think the jacksons are entitled to MJ music? really? Have you ever heard of copyrights law?

Brothers making money out of Michael and his memory to benefit themselves, but those acrobats are making money for Michael's estate (his kids and KJ) and keeping his legacy going, and Cirque was something that Michael wanted to do when he was alive, so it's only good. Secondly, as I said in my previous post, cubs have enough songs from their own solo career, J5 and The Jacksons time, so why do they need to perform Michael solo songs? Any other band out there that uses solo material from departed member's solo career is seen as money grab. I couldn't imagine John Lennon performing songs from Paul's solo career, or wise versa, I cannot see reminding members of N Sync singing songs from Justin's solo career, see my point?

The Jacksons have to pay when they perform songs they don't own the rights to, it's like that for any concert. Even Paul McCartney had to pay Michael Jackson when he performs his own Beatles music, he has been upset about this over the years and has made comments about it in the past.

Speaking of Paul McCartney, he performs Beatles songs, including those where John or George was singing the lead. People don't seem to have a problem with it because he was part of the band too. Also, you mention how Paul would never perform John's solo songs but he absolutely has. He has performed Imagine, Give Peace A Chance, among other Lennon solo songs. Nsync broke up before Justin released any solo albums.

The Jacksons were a group who performed Michael's material as well as their own. The first time Don't Stop Till You Get Enough, Rock With You, Beat It, and Wanna Be Startin Somethin were performed live was with the Jacksons. I would agree that during Victory tour it was Katherine (who as I said is greedy) who helped convince Michael to do it, however Michael was an adult and he chose to do it. However, you can not say that during the Triumph and Destiny Tours that there was any issue with the brothers. They clearly got along great at that point and were a tight functioning band whether it was performing, recording, or songwriting.

They had to resort discounting the ticket prices, which I thought were way to hight to beginning with:

Limited Time Offer: Save more than $40 on an upgrade from P2 to P1 Seating!
Only: $93.50 (Regular Price: $136.65)

FREE Upgrade from P2 to P1 Seating
$93.50
Meet and Greet Add On
$400.00
P1 Seating - Save over $20
$115.50
P2 Seating - Save Over 15%
$93.50
P3 Seating - Save 20%

^^Why discount so early? I think they should try some better advertising. I know that when I arrive in Vegas as a tourist, ads for One, Celine, and others are blasting in the airport. Then, as I travel to the hotel I see more billboards and ads of popular shows along the way. The Jacksons know they did not perform continuously, so they need some good ads to alert the tourists and locals. I don't think masses of fans from Europe or other states in the US will be rushing to buy tickets and book airline fares to Vegas, so they need to focus on the tourist trade.

Neverland already said she lives in Vegas and did not see and ads yet, so how are the promoters expecting people to hear about this show? Are they relying only on reporters such as the guy on the first page to bring the information to the "fun loving" public?

As for the brothers' Vegas shows, I would go if someone bought a ticket for me. I know that sounds cheap, but oh well.

Last edited:
Thread Cleaned: Please read the 2300 forum rules and stay on topic in these threads.

Admin note posted earlier in this thread pre warning what would happen to your off topic posts.
Please stay on topic which is "The Jackson's Las Vegas Residency" Now you can discuss other performances and concerts as it relates to performing but try not to stray into off topic personal issues that are not related to this Vegas venue. Posts of that nature will be edited or deleted from this thread.

PLEASE READ: Posting Guidelines, Rules and Policies for 2300 Forum
Constant derailing of threads: If a thread is about Latoya or Janet on a magazine cover or Jackson's performing somewhere, please keep it to that topic. There is no need to take the thread back to what they said/did who knows when, such as granny napping's, child support issues, past interviews not related to the topic etc. If we don't enforce this, the board becomes a free for all and all threads are derailed with the same off topic discussions. If not for anything other than organizational purposes, it becomes a nightmare for the staff. Please stay on topic.
Thank you for your cooperation and if you have any questions or concerns PM Admin and do not derail the thread by replying or discuss moderation actions on your posts or moderation requests on the board

Thread is reopened for on topic discussion

Anyone knows if more tickets been sold since the discount? Maybe the brothers need to send out many tweets about the gig to get the information out there.

nesman43;3958739 said:
I'm an MJ fan, not a Jacksons fan.. All I meant to discuss in here was the double standards fans have saying Cirque is a true tribute show yet the actual Jacksons who were part of the Jackson 5 and Jacksons are a cheap cash in. They both are there to make money, one has much better production values, one has much more historical value. I definitely have a problem with what the brothers have said about Michael, you imply that I have said otherwise though. The brothers have many problems.

It’s not a double standard it’s a clear preference for the talented performers and vision of the Cirque shows over the tired, uninspiring, insincere crap the brothers have to offer. They can’t try to undermine Michael and his children every opportunity they get and expect all the fans to look the other way and love them just because they are related. They think they can pull out the brother card every time they want to make a buck with a show or a book but rip Michael apart in sneaky, underhanded, evil ways all the rest of the time. They can sing whatever they want where ever they want and tell more gossip about Michael but they are not getting any more support from this MJ fan.

About this story element in the show, I am trying to think of more stories they could come up with that they already talked about:
-under the bed--already mentioned
-motivation comments Michael made to himself--already mentioned
-Michael selling candy to kids in Gary--already mentioned
-Michael running away from Joe--already mentioned
-Michael using a lot of perfume--already mentioned
-Michael wanting to tour with them again--already mentioned
-Michael being saved by Jermaine--already mentioned
-Michael dancing to washing machine--already mentioned
-Michael waking up in night to see James Brown on tv--already mentioned
-Michael as a picky eater--already mentioned
Michael singing "Climb Every Mountain" and instantly became their lead singer, becoming a vocal group when the TV broke and they had nothing to do, buckets of water on the door and playing pranks on Bill Bray, etc.
They aren't going to tell any deep dark secrets here-and I don't have a problem with it-they'll come off as funny anedotes and not gross-the way they changed the kids under the bed in the Jackson TV movie. I think from reading this, they'll go back to their old image of one big happy family singing together and playing together, etc. and there are an awful lot of people that probably haven't heard these stories.

We are all intimately familiar with these stories because we've been watching and reading these interviews, and books since the 70's-if it were me, I'd like it, especially if they were telling them inbetween Jackson 5 songs that I grew up with.

I hope they will talk a litle about their Vegas run with the family and maybe the television show too-and I hope they get some decent publicity!!!!! I'd like them to do well.

^^Well it is up to them to get the good publicity, if they want to; and they can only do well if people know about the show and buy tickets. Maybe they are relying a lot on write up from people like Leach. The Jacksons did several interviews back in the day, so do they have many new stories to tell about themselves?

Annita;3958228 said:
_from the interview Robin Leach with Jackie Jackson_:

R.L.:Now obviously you’re going to have to tell some stories about Michael.
J.J.:Absolutely, I can’t tell you everything, Robin; I can’t give it away. I can’t. … (Long pause) OK, it’s going to be stories that people didn’t know about Michael, and they really should hear them. There are stories going back to Gary, Ind., days. Stories when we were all touring. He used to hide under our beds. When Jermaine would have a girl over, Michael would hide under the bed.

barbee0715;3959942 said:
They aren't going to tell any deep dark secrets here-and I don't have a problem with it-they'll come off as funny anedotes and not gross-the way they changed the kids under the bed in the Jackson TV movie. I think from reading this, they'll go back to their old image of one big happy family singing together and playing together, etc.

May be the brothers will come with nice funny (and true!) little stories about their time with Michael. really I am hoping that....

But is it funny if Michael wanted hide under the bed because Jermaine had sex with a girl in the same roon? For sure Michael not did this find funny.
From all the funny stories why that 'hide under the bed' story is the most important and worthy for telling in the interview?

It is the same as in the begging video from Michael's mother: She picked the statements from Prince & Paris which could be misinterpreted from people who are interested for that.

This 'Michael hided under the bed during his brother had sex can be absolutely misinterpreted unfavourable for Michael. It leads back to the popular theme "Michael Jackson's sexuality".
Look, what one can make with this story:
One could say 'already a child MJ has had a strange relationship for sex because in an age who other kids are curious he didn't want to find out more of it'
One other could say 'He could have left that room but he prefers to stay there. Ergo he was a voyeur.'
or: 'Nonsense! Because himself was to young for a real girl he asked his brother if he could stay in the room and he he was very pleasured under this bed"
only a few examples....

What I mean: It is not necessary to tell such stories because it is double-edged.
The theme sexuality of the most family members is a case of psycho-pathology und in their own interesse they should be silent.

But whow knows. Maybe Jackie's sample of their old stories is only a PR titbit because they know very many people are very interested on under-belt-stories.

To the "they'll go back to their old image of one big happy family".... That image is perdu and it can't come back. They self worked hardley for that since June 25., 2009.

Interesting: The German worth for dream is 'Traum' and the worth 'trauma' is english and german the same and it means hurting and shocking:
The roots of Traum and Trauma are the same.

About 480 tickets sold to their first show :eek::

If that place have seats for 1500 people, they haven't really even sold 1/3 of the tickets.

How do you know the number. Have you count the seats or is it a estimate?

Back