The Lady In My Life

Hot_Street

Proud Member
He never performed Lady in my Life live.
Was it because he never found the one lady in his life?
Was it because he thought growing old was the ugliest thing (from The MJ Tapes) and he didn't like these lyrics:
Even when we're old and gray

Love that song!
Its not that deep, I think other songs were commercially more appealing or succesful. Would have loved to hear him to sing this live, but I think after BAD that I just cant stop loving you was preferred (as a similar type love balled), also because off the duet dynamic. Wondered why he didnt sing it at the Victory Tour tho..

He never performed Lady in my Life live.
Was it because he never found the one lady in his life?
Was it because he thought growing old was the ugliest thing (from The MJ Tapes) and he didn't like these lyrics:

He actually performed it) During his last photosession) šŸ˜

He actually performed it) During his last photosession) šŸ˜
He also 'performed it' when recording in the studio ;).
I cant wait for the Thriller 40 documentary, really hope we can see a lot of behind the scenes in the studio, hopefully each song gets some recognition like in the Bad25 doc.

He also 'performed it' when recording in the studio ;).
I cant wait for the Thriller 40 documentary, really hope we can see a lot of behind the scenes in the studio, hopefully each song gets some recognition like in the Bad25 doc.
ahahahhahahahahh šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚

I can't see the video, it's locked for russian :/

P-YlByJ7PHA.jpg

Its the photoshoop clip
All right

We can walk away
But I turn my head to see if you would stay, baby
We can love the day
Then I'm hoping that we throw those stones away

Baby, yeah

Baby, don't you leave me standing here
Why you leave me standing here
Now you got me here in tears
Hold me

Hold me tonight (ah)
Spread your love tonight (yeah)
It's gonna be all right (ah)
Everything will be just fine
In love with me tonight
Tell me it's gonna be just fine
It's gonna be all right
Say it's gonna just fine
Everything's just fine (yeah)

All right

She wrote me a letter, it's burning in my heart
She's setting me free (she's in the dark)
Whisper in the dark, save me from these thoughts
Un-break my heart
Don't you let it fall apart

Please, stay this way
Don't you run away
I got premonition (I used to dream)
Ooh, girl, it burns just like the sun

Hold me tonight (ah)
Spread your love tonight (yeah)
It's gonna be all right (ah) (oh, oh)
In love with me tonight
Tell me it's gonna be just fine
It's gonna be all right
Say it's gonna just fine
Everything's just fine (oh)
Everything will be

Wake me up when all this is new like morning (like morning)
Girl, your smile always makes me cry
(If you think you're gonna)
Just hold me, kiss me, touch me (oh)
(Stay with me tonight) (ah, ah)

All right, it's all right
It's all right, all right with me

It's all right, all right
It's all right, all right with me
It's all right, all right
It's all right, all

All right

Someone please explain to me how since technology and added space on CDs has evolved, why the full version of this beautiful song hasn't been put on any copies of Thriller, and the edited album version continues to be released? :unsure:

Someone please explain to me how since technology and added space on CDs has evolved, why the full version of this beautiful song hasn't been put on any copies of Thriller, and the edited album version continues to be released? :unsure:

Good question. I believe the edited form is what Quincy deem most suitable for the album as a whole.

Hands down, the best ballad in history. I love MJJ, I love Rod Temperton and I also love lots of other music. When it comes to ballads, it's a shame this wasn't released as a single. What a lot of people I talk to don't get that this is so much more than a simple ballad. It's smooth, it's sweet, but it's also funky as hell. It's by far the most underestimated ballad ever. Musically, I mean.. how many ballads take you through so many themes and styles. Name me one. It's great songwriting and the performance takes it to another level. It's epic!

Hands down, the best ballad in history. I love MJJ, I love Rod Temperton and I also love lots of other music. When it comes to ballads, it's a shame this wasn't released as a single. What a lot of people I talk to don't get that this is so much more than a simple ballad. It's smooth, it's sweet, but it's also funky as hell. It's by far the most underestimated ballad ever. Musically, I mean.. how many ballads take you through so many themes and styles. Name me one. It's great songwriting and the performance takes it to another level. It's epic!
I always laugh, when people say, that some song from Thriller album is underestimated. Lol, this whole album literally considered by lots of fans as his best album. And that means that every song from this album a priory in high rank of songs. So no matter what, whether it's single or not, people always will say that's a legendary song, just 'cause it's from Thriller. And yep, Thriller is the only Michael's album where there are NO weak songs. Literally, every song in this album made on high level. Even the next MJ album has weak songs (like Just Good Friends, The Way You Make Me Feel and Speed Demon). So, people, Thriller fans, be grateful for what you have. Invincible fan's life is much harder.... We have a lot of perfect songs that indeed underestimated....

Btw, I always wondered, why this old piece of shit pulled Michael's hair and hurted him?! He is literally causing him a lot of pain! And nobody even tried to say something...Even Michael just stood and endured everything...Obviously, it wasn't necessary. It was just a photosession, but even there everybody, including this animal-photographer, try to abuse Michael... People are monsters

I am going a bit off topic, but I really don't like it when fans try to paint Michael as someone poor helpless soul who just took all the abuse. He was a fighter, and if someone was hurting him unnecessarily, he won't just take it. I am sure whatever is happening here, he was convinced that it's needed for the photoshoot.

Now, on topic, LIML is such a wonderful song. I do wish he performed it at one of the concerts, maybe replaced SIOOML (which is also wonderful)

I am going a bit off topic, but I really don't like it when fans try to paint Michael as someone poor helpless soul who just took all the abuse. He was a fighter, and if someone was hurting him unnecessarily, he won't just take it. I am sure whatever is happening here, he was convinced that it's needed for the photoshoot.

Now, on topic, LIML is such a wonderful song. I do wish he performed it at one of the concerts, maybe replaced SIOOML (which is also wonderful)
SIOOML? SOOML?

Back