The Lady In My Life

I love this song, if I'm honest I think Mike was probably too shy to perform it live.

I remember reading Quincy had to pull Michael to one side and say "on this take you need to beg for it" when they recorded the vocals, so maybe Michael didn't feel comfortable doing that on stage

I love this song, if I'm honest I think Mike was probably too shy to perform it live.

I remember reading Quincy had to pull Michael to one side and say "on this take you need to beg for it" when they recorded the vocals, so maybe Michael didn't feel comfortable doing that on stage
ooh, you've got me started, SC1995!

50s is the time stamp!

I am going a bit off topic, but I really don't like it when fans try to paint Michael as someone poor helpless soul who just took all the abuse. He was a fighter, and if someone was hurting him unnecessarily, he won't just take it. I am sure whatever is happening here, he was convinced that it's needed for the photoshoot.

Now, on topic, LIML is such a wonderful song. I do wish he performed it at one of the concerts, maybe replaced SIOOML (which is also wonderful)
I'm not saying, that MJ was poor or helpless. He was a fighter! He was Invincible! He was Unbreakable! But! It doesn't mean, that during 2007 photoset he was treated appropriately. There was no need to touch his head and especially to pull it and make him hurt. People didn't really understand, who they were working with! Or should I say, who were they working FOR! And that's not right

They really should have milked thriller to the bone. One last video for the lady in my life as 8th single. I’m 100% it would have been the 8th top 10 single because it was an angle the public had not seen yet from MJ at that point.
I believe MJ didn't want to do the 'begging' part of the song and had to be convinced by Quincy, maybe that is why it wasn't released as a single/performed live

I'm not saying, that MJ was poor or helpless. He was a fighter! He was Invincible! He was Unbreakable! But! It doesn't mean, that during 2007 photoset he was treated appropriately. There was no need to touch his head and especially to pull it and make him hurt. People didn't really understand, who they were working with! Or should I say, who were they working FOR! And that's not right
You really think that of it was unbearable that Michael wouldn't say something about it. He probably had to deal with this pain since 1984 and he wore wigs or hair extentions and used painkillers since that time so he probably was somewhat used to it, despite hurting.

Oh I have't heard this one for quite a while. It surely is one of the most (if not the most) sensual MJ songs!

Really, that is so funny :ROFLMAO: Poor MJ had to beg for it! I just love little anecdotes like that!

OMG! shy Michael singing LIML on stage, you got me thinking.
I think in one of the interview or in the Private videos segment he also says that they shut down all the lights and he "begged" behind close doors. Knowing that makes the song even more special!
BTW, this is my morning alarm 😊

I think in one of the interview or in the Private videos segment he also says that they shut down all the lights and he "begged" behind close doors. Knowing that makes the song even more special!
I love that! :p

Alarm sounds so harsh, call it my “sweet wake up hymn“.
Good choice though, very very good choice. So does it mean the entire song starts playing or just a piece of it on repeat?

Alarm sounds so harsh, call it my “sweet wake up hymn“.
Good choice though, very very good choice. So does it mean the entire song starts playing or just a piece of it on repeat?
of course you would be here!
Yes it is my sweet wake up hymn sung by Michael, just for me. I have the 5min version, so it plays twice before auto shut off.

of course you would be here!
Yes it is my sweet wake up hymn sung by Michael, just for me. I have the 5min version, so it plays twice before auto shut off.
Of course I’m here it is one of the all time greatest songs in the history of music.

+ In The Closet!
Well… perhaps. But I personally do not see those vocals as ‘sensual’ in the same way as those of the aforementioned.

The word has a triple-edged nature, where it can mean ‘pleasurable’ (pleasing), ‘erotic’ (sexy), or both of the above. The examples I have given would be more or less firmly pertaining to the first meaning (and would therefore include a song like Beautiful Girl, too).

In the Closet, on the other hand, is dirty. You know what I mean? It’s probably the dirtiest song Michael ever made.

But then again: if all that we’re after are sensual songs with no further discernment, you are absolutely right.

Well… perhaps. But I personally do not see those vocals as ‘sensual’ in the same way as those of the aforementioned.

The word has a triple-edged nature, where it can mean ‘pleasurable’ (pleasing), ‘erotic’ (sexy), or both of the above. The examples I have given would be more or less firmly pertaining to the first meaning (and would therefore include a song like Beautiful Girl, too).

In the Closet, on the other hand, is dirty. You know what I mean? It’s probably the dirtiest song Michael ever made.

But then again: if all that we’re after are sensual songs with no further discernment, you are absolutely right.
Haha I know, you are strict though! :)

Is no one going to mention Break of Dawn!

Completely agree on In the Closet, the vocals, the lyrics and video are more on dirty side (not that I am complaining ;) )

The song should've replace sooml on the victory tour & retire it like Ben. I mean he never performed dirty diana or another part of me outside of bad. I honestly believe he didn't do as many thriller songs on the victory tour because of the instruments. I'm not sure if it's just the quality we have but I myself Hate the snare drum used on that tour nor the lighting. But he could've done it on the bad tour 2nd leg at this point. That & pyt! I have no idea why he didn't do more songs. Wbss was in every show & didn't need to be.

Is no one going to mention Break of Dawn!

Completely agree on In the Closet, the vocals, the lyrics and video are more on dirty side (not that I am complaining ;) )
Yes – Break of Dawn! And how fantastic those vocals are, by the way!

Was it because he thought growing old was the ugliest thing (from The MJ Tapes) and he didn't like these lyrics:
poor mj! :( he didnt deserve to think that; he is so beautiful. i think he truly loved lisa marie, and didnt marry her just for the press. didnt he have a picture of her on his bedside table when he passed away? we also know he loved liz taylor, but as a friend. also diana ross. also, whats the deal about brooke sheilds? she says they never dated but he said they did? i know this is old news but can someone please explain and tell me which side is true or not (if you know who is telling the truth)?

He never performed Lady in my Life live.
Was it because he never found the one lady in his life?
Was it because he thought growing old was the ugliest thing (from The MJ Tapes) and he didn't like these lyrics:

Well, some songs work in a stadium with 50,000 people and some don't. While the song is sublime, it's just not a stadium song. It's him serenading his woman. That needs some intimacy, not 50,000 people watching. Also, how you do perform that song? It's not a dance song. If he lipsyncs it, it's dull. If he doesn't sing it perfectly live, it's not that good either. Also it was an album track and not a single.

I am going a bit off topic, but I really don't like it when fans try to paint Michael as someone poor helpless soul who just took all the abuse. He was a fighter, and if someone was hurting him unnecessarily, he won't just take it. I am sure whatever is happening here, he was convinced that it's needed for the photoshoot.

Now, on topic, LIML is such a wonderful song. I do wish he performed it at one of the concerts, maybe replaced SIOOML (which is also wonderful)
that is our mistake, im sorry! :( i know he was an emotionally strong person. it just hurts me that he HAD to be so strong all the time because there were so many haters as well as fans! (he didnt abuse anyone which makes me mad because of the lack of empathy of some people. he was proven innocent every time! you can even tell by the way he moves that he is a gentle, precious, caring person :( ) Even if he didnt let all the stuff get to his head (which some of it did, and he broke a few times in one way or the other), i feel bad because an amazing and strong person like that doesnt deserve negativity surrounding them. i just wish he could have had a normal, happy and balanced life like he wanted without critics bashing him about being "childish" and making rude nicknames like "j@(k0". he was a normally positive and happy person (he loves to tour!!!😝), and the few points in time where he cursed and got angry, shows just how much he had to deal with; no one should EVER have to go through that! so all in all, i dont feel bad for him because i think he is helpless, it is because he had to endure so much pain throughout his life and there are so many people that dont appreciate that or try to see his pov!!! (ex. literally almost EVERYONE i know 😢 even some of my own family :( ) sometimes thinking about this stuff makes me so depressed...

Well, some songs work in a stadium with 50,000 people and some don't. While the song is sublime, it's just not a stadium song. It's him serenading his woman. That needs some intimacy, not 50,000 people watching. Also, how you do perform that song? It's not a dance song. If he lipsyncs it, it's dull. If he doesn't sing it perfectly live, it's not that good either. Also it was an album track and not a single.
thats a good point! i thought he just forgot lol. same with pyt but now i see what youre saying

Apparently, 'The Lady In My Life' was a difficult song (in terms of the song's demanding vocal range) which seems to explain why he never performed it live.

The photographer could not know that Michael Jackson had health problems on that head area.

Michael Jackson should have informed him (right before that photoshoot) in order the photographer to be gentler while touching that head area.

The 'In The Closet' music video is even dirtier than the song because for example, towards the end, oral sex is strongly implied (from Naomi Campbell on Michael Jackson's penis).

Back