The Last Person to Post in This Thread Wins

_129468672_shakespeare.jpg

No, it's cool. :ROFLMAO:

I only posted the Shakespeare photo bc it's kind of Shakespeare Day! No-one really knows but it's generally thought he was born on 23 April but also (possibly) died on 23 April. So to my mind that makes it 'Shakespeare Day'. Bc why not?
Oh, I didn’t know! Somehow I connect him with April, though; not sure why.

Definitely worthy of celebration!

Oh, I didn’t know! Somehow I connect him with April, though; not sure why.

Definitely worthy of celebration!
It's also World Book Day today. Bc of Shakespeare. In the UK it used to be on 23 April and then they changed it bc of St George but mostly bc it sometimes clashes with school Easter holidays. So in the UK World Book Day is sometime in March which is complete nonsense, imo.

A Folio book cover.

fs-hawthorne-tanglewood-tales.jpg

I didn’t know you had that word. Holy Moly! Cognate with German Bach, Swedish bäck.
Beck, afaik, is a Northern word. Is it any old stream or just the ones with a stony bed? Can't remember. Also don't know when a beck becomes a burn. Burn is Scottish for a small stream but cannot remember if it's a particular type of small stream or just any old thing!

Pretty sure beck doesn't get used in the south of England. Also, it's more of a rural word than urban.

Bach! :D

Toccata and Fugue in D Minor - this is not my fave version but it'll do.

Hard to go wrong with J.S.B.!

Parenthetically: The German word for beck has a few different representations, which I have understood @bluemoon7 is quite eager to fill you in on.

Well, US citizens tend to call our beloved composer Bach "BACK", which is double cringeworthy because
"back" would be an imperative form of "backen"

backen = to bake

back! = bake!

:ROFLMAO:

Well, US citizens tend to call our beloved composer Bach "BACK", which is double cringeworthy because
"back" would be an imperative form of "backen"
I love Americans but sometimes you just have to 🙄

They are special people. Truly! :ROFLMAO:

backen = to bake
back! = bake!

:ROFLMAO:
I feel compelled to say Hackenback. Perhaps I am American! 😳

BACHSTELZE 😁

White Wagtail – BirdLife Cyprus
Oh, now we're talking. Lovely little creature. Fabulous! :)

Back