The Legend Lives On - Official Cirque du Soleil 'Immortal World Tour' Discussion

Just going back home after what is one of the most amazing weekend I've ever had.
Been to Travis's flashmob on October 1st, in the pouring rain, cold, was at the premiere on October 2nd, and a nice angel came to me so I was able to go to the show on October 3rd also.

In between the shows we've had a TOTAL FAN WEEKEND! Dinners at restaurants, Karaoke, dancing in bar, meeting with the cast again, pictures and stuff.

I LOVED IT SO MUCH!

tumblr_lsip2zfwaW1r04ttmo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lsip4qAoXl1qeczuwo1_500.jpg

Beautiful children! :girl_sigh: :wub:

The kids are so gorgeous, Michael would be so proud of them.

Yes. :wub: :cry:

Just going back home after what is one of the most amazing weekend I've ever had.
Been to Travis's flashmob on October 1st, in the pouring rain, cold, was at the premiere on October 2nd, and a nice angel came to me so I was able to go to the show on October 3rd also.

In between the shows we've had a TOTAL FAN WEEKEND! Dinners at restaurants, Karaoke, dancing in bar, meeting with the cast again, pictures and stuff.

I LOVED IT SO MUCH!

You had such a fun time! :wild:

Last edited:
dont think this was posted before.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2011/oct/03/photos-cirque-du-soleils-immortal-show-michael-wou/

By Robin Leach (contact)

Monday, Oct. 3, 2011 | 6:44 a.m.

Cirque du Soleil - Cirque du Soleil's Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour. The world premiere of Immortal was in Montreal, the location of Cirque headquarters, on Oct. 2, 2011.
Photo 1 / 25FullscreenCaptionsBuyMONTREAL, Quebec -- The musical legacy of Michael Jackson’s creativity and genius will last forever thanks to an amazing marriage between The King of Pop and Cirque du Soleil. The world premiere of Michael Jackson’s The Immortal World Tour here in the French Canadian headquarters of the one-time circus troupe proved that point, and everybody from fans to family and estate executors to Cirque’s executives agreed that “this is the show Michael would have wanted.”

“It’s the show he would have signed off on,” director and choreographer Jamie King told me at the 13,000-seat, sold-out, opening-night spectacular with Jackson brothers Jackie, Tito and Marlon all agreeing in unison.

“Our mother must be bawling from the tears. Even we wiped away some tears. ‘Gone Too Soon’ was the most moving and emotional moment for us as a family. Michael’s message about peace and loving one another as we are all one really came through. Love is so important. He would have been very pleased with this production. He always went to see every Cirque show in Vegas, and, yes, he would have given a complete OK to this. He was a perfectionist, and Cirque was the same with Immortal,” they said backstage.

“It’s what Michael himself once dreamed of having with Cirque as a partner,” trustee and estate executor Howard Weitzman told me shortly after the two-hour visual and aural feast with its 24 musical scenes using more than 60(!) of the late superstar singer’s hits punched home with pyrotechnics and steam smoke cannons set against startling video treatments, holograms and effects.

Michael’s mom Katherine Jackson and his three children Blanket, 9, Paris, 13, and Prince, 14, watched the show at the Bell Center Arena after braving heavy rain to pose on the red carpet before the show. It was the first time Michael’s children had ever seen one of their father’s concerts.

There’s no impersonator, but Michael’s presence envelops this production. “He is very much alive -- his spirit , his hand, his guidance and strive for perfection -- is all over this,” Jamie told me. “That’s why we start every performance with a prayer circle, an emotional, spiritual moment with him and the cast.”

Cirque chief Daniel Lamarre said: “The most important thing for Cirque in this entire process was that all the Jackson family would be happy at what we created.

“They were -- and the audience reaction was the same. Michael’s mother played the deciding factor in choosing Cirque for her son’s life to become this stage production. Michael’s executors wanted to follow Michael’s wishes of teaming with Cirque, and she approved that. We refused to hire any impersonators. The family didn’t want that, and we didn’t, either. There’s only one Michael Jackson. We see and hear him right through this show.

“Our gamble paid off tonight. It was a real risk for Cirque to enter the touring business. We have never brought a show to life before specifically for concert arenas. We rolled the dice, as you say in Vegas, but if Cirque was not to become stagnant, we had to grow. Immortal takes us where we have not gone before. This is Cirque’s first interpretation of a rock show, but we sold $40 million in tickets in the first 24 hours of announcing. That’s never happened before.

“Yes, there will be some changes and tightening. Normally, we have many previews to shake down a show. The only time we had with this was the one run-through performance yesterday [Saturday] for Cirque’s employees and the MGM executives from Las Vegas. So for the first night out, we are ecstatic and also relieved. After the second night here, they pack up and move on immediately. The tour is under way. Then it’s 47 North American cities for two years and the world for two more years after that. It might not ever end.”

Next weekend, it’s two nights in Ottawa and then onto Hamilton, London, Toronto, Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Edmonton and Vancouver before the U.S. premiere Nov. 15 in Detroit and the monthlong December stop at Mandalay Bay.

“Our month in Vegas starting Dec. 3 at Mandalay Bay is the most important to us. We already know though that some of the technology and elements we’ve used for the first time anywhere will be used in the new permanent residency show in Mandalay in 2013. So the touring show will be a wonderful preview of what will eventually come to Vegas permanently.”

The 180,000-pound, two-level stage spectacle packed up into 38 trailer tractors is an all-time touring concert record. Three trucks are just for the elaborate, unique and colorful costumes. There are tour buses for a cast and crew totaling 76 people, including 15 musicians.

Sensational lead singer Jory Steinberg and musical director Greg Phillinganes, who have found romance during the rehearsals, told me: “Michael is alive. You can feel his presence. He is at every show and has been since the very beginning. We even sense he is very pleased with this. It is what he wanted.”

Fans who came from as far away as Japan, South America, Europe and the United States were just as enthusiastic, giving the cast and crew huge applause and standing ovations.

“It was such a joyous night. It’s even better than we ever expected or dreamed possible,” Jackie Jackson summed up. “Michael would have given it 10 stars -- more than five out of five!”

Later this morning, read our rundown of the show itself and what you’ll see at Mandalay Bay starting Dec. 3. Also be sure to check out Senior Editor John Katsilometes’ thoughts in The Kats Report on LasVegasSun.com.

Robin Leach has been a journalist for more than 50 years and has spent the past decade giving readers the inside scoop on Las Vegas, the world’s premier platinum playground.

Cirque du Soleil's 'Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour' debuts, heads to Oregon in November

10106617-large.jpg

Oregon theatrical designer Michael Curry shows off one of his animatronic creations for Cirque du Soleil's "Michael Jackson: The Immortal," which had it's world premiere Sunday in Montreal.

MONTREAL – The King of Pop may be gone, but his music and legacy live on in Cirque du Soleil's lavish new spectacular "Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour," which had its premiere Sunday night at the Bell Center arena.

The show features more than 30 of Jackson's songs, spanning from his early career leading The Jackson Five through the songs he was working on at the time of his death in 2009. "The Immortal World Tour," which is rumored to be the most-expensive road-production in Cirque du Soleil's history, plays Eugene and Portlandin mid-November – among the earliest tour stops in the show's three-year tour around the globe.

The show is written and directed by Jamie King, the concert impresario who has worked with artists like Madonna, Celine Dion and Christina Aguilera over the years, and who created choreography for Jackson in the past. King has an Oregon connection: Several years ago, he worked with Nike on a variety of creative advertising projects.

Another Oregon connection for Cirque's Michael Jackson tribute is Michael Curry, the Scappoose-based theatrical designer who's known for the puppets he created for the Broadway musical "The Lion King," as well as numerous Cirque productions and Olympic opening and closing ceremonies. For "The Immortal," Curry created animatronic puppets showing a young Michael Jackson, as well as metal sculptures representing animals that were among the menagerie of animals at the late singer's Neverland Ranch, which are used by Cirque aerial acrobats in one of the show's larger numbers.

In the audience for the opening were all three of Jackson's children (Prince, Paris and "Blanket"), his mother Katherine, as well as several of Jackson's bothers. Other luminaries in the audience included music producer L.A. Reid, as well as an array of French-Canadian celebrities.

10106626-large.jpg
View full size
Grant Butler/The Oregonian​
Even the food at the premiere of "Michael Jackson: The Immortal" paid tribute to the late King of Pop.​

The two-hour show was greeted warmly by the Montreal audience, who responded to production numbers based on Jackson's solo hits "Thriller" and "Smooth Criminal," as well as an elaborate acrobatic act staged to the Jacksons' disco song "Can You Feel It." But the premiere had a fair share of glitches, including a few instances of flubbed choreography, pyrotechnic hand guns that seemed to fire at will, and a near mishap when a mechanized hot-air balloon that floated around the arena almost landed on alarmed audience members before being whisked away by stage-hands.

After the show, Cirque's creative team, guests and the show's performers attended a lavish party that featured more Jackson music, cocktail appetizers that had the architectural flair of the show's scenery, cupcakes adorned with sequined gloves, and even an ice sculpture bearing the King of Pop's signature. It was elaborate, somewhat garish and plenty of fun. Given how much Jackson loved Cirque du Soleil (he and his children were regulars at the company's numerous permanent shows in Las Vegas), he would have approved of the proceedings.

-- Grant Butler
Follow @GrantButler

Related topics: cirque du soleil, jamie king, michael curry, michael jackson, montreal, premiere, the immortal
http://www.oregonlive.com/performance/index.ssf/2011/10/cirque_du_soleils_michael_jack.html

Here is the answer for "new technology" found from the above post

“Our month in Vegas starting Dec. 3 at Mandalay Bay is the most important to us. We already know though that some of the technology and elements we’ve used for the first time anywhere will be used in the new permanent residency show in Mandalay in 2013. So the touring show will be a wonderful preview of what will eventually come to Vegas permanently.”

anak;3501971 said:

I Didn't say Cirque De Soleil is amaturish, i said that those that made the IMortal show, made it in an amaturish way.Look at the costumes, at the scene, at that tree with the neons around. everything scream cheap and and amaturish. i posted the Cirque de soleil Love show and i said that Michael diserve something similar or better. they said about holograms, new tecnology where are all these? nowere. And where is Cirque De Soleil, were are the acrobats? This is not Cirque De Soleil, tHis is a failed mix between Cirque and This is it. if all of you are happy with the result and think that this is the best that can do about Michael, then ok. i don't, i think that they could do million things better.

@anak......pay close attention to the quotes below.....

Erikmjfan;3501972 said:
Once again, THE HOLOGRAM and new technology will be at the 2nd show! How hard can it be to understand?

EXACTLY!

respect77;3501976 said:
Thanks. You gotta love people who criticize and are being negative when they don't even know what they are talking about. In this case comparing apples and oranges - a touring show to a permanent Las Vegas show. I have the feeling some people like to be negative and displeased with everything just for the sake of it.

THIS!

And here you go, right from the horses mouth.

Last edited:
bluesky;3502761 said:
Here is the answer for "new technology" found from the above post

Hope the Vegas show will be available on Blu-Ray someday!

I've ripped the audio from the various youtube videos out there to create my own playlist, and thought I'd post it here so that more people can enjoy the songs we've god this far. Hope this is alright :)

Credit goes to the original uploaders.

1 - Opening Sequence
2 - Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
3 - Heartbreak Hotel
4 - I Want You Back
5 - Threatned, Thriller
6 - Can You Feel It
7 - Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough, Billie Jean
8 - Black Or White

Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ug31uzvy0kmu1fl

^^^

Great.

I am still looking forward to They Don't Care about Us and Human Nature.

Dunno if I should have opened a new thread on this, as i am sure it will be lost fairly quickly in this mega thread.

Anyone bought merchandise (T-shirt, program book, bags etc) at the shows?

I did and i must say, that is another thing that really impressed me. Usually the sizing are are wrong ...but these were obviously well-thought in advance.

I bought several t-shirts, the coffee mug, the program book and they are all of great quality.

The t-shirts are far better quality & fit than all those i've bought from Bravado store.

AMAZING. AMAZING. AMAZING. I am glad they are reminded of MJ's spirit & perfectionism

[h=1]Behind The Scene - 'Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour' - Premiere Night![/h]

Cirque du Soleil's spectacular new Michael Jackson arena show isn't called The Immortal World Tour for nothing. For most of the artists who created the dance, music and circus hybrid, it was as if the late king of pop was involved every step of the way.

From the director and writer Jamie King down to a third of the 12-piece band, many worked first-hand with Jackson – and a number were collaborating with him on his planned set of comeback concerts, This Is It, right before he died.

More related to this storyCirque du Soleil’s tribute to Michael Jackson is fittingly wacko
Video
Cirque du Soleil immortalizes Michael Jackson “He's immortal because he lives on in all of us,” explains King, who danced on Jackson's Dangerous tour in 1992 before becoming a sought-after tour director for such superstars as Rihanna, Madonna and Celine Dion.

There's no doubt that in his afterlife, Michael Jackson is as present in the public consciousness – and as popular – as ever. The $60-million Immortal World Tour, which travels to 47 cities across Canada and the United States this fall before a residency in Las Vegas, attracted promoters from Asia and journalists from across North America to its sold-out opening this week in Montreal.

On Monday, scores of visiting scribes were broken up into packs and given a backstage tour at the Bell Centre. In this temple where it’s usually the Montreal Canadiens being worshipped, the MJ pilgrims weaved through a maze of costumes racks and props – several posed for photos with a fedora big enough to go camping in – and were led to short scrums with members of The Immortal World Tour's creative team.

All of them – looking various degrees of exhausted the morning after the opening night – professed that the spirit of Jackson was with the show.

New York designer Zaldy Goco, who had been working as the head designer on This Is It, recalled fondly a fitting with Jackson, where the singer's three children milled around and laughter ensued as the singer toppled to the ground while trying on a pair of pants.

“There's a piece of Michael everywhere in the show,” says Goco, flipping through an assortment of costumes that attempt to pay homage to Jackson's iconic looks without copying them – for instance, a jacket patterned with the star's trademark aviator glasses.

Goco didn't want to use the costume designs from the cancelled final concerts, because fans are already familiar with them from Kenny Ortega's documentary. He made an exception for a set of tracksuits that, in the tour's Billie Jean dance number, light up in various colours through the use of LED technology – an innovation Jackson was particularly excited about. “We put the pants on him – and there was silence for 40 seconds,” Goco recalls. “Then he said, 'It's everything I ever wanted.' ”

Another This Is It alumnus on The Immortal World Tour is Michael Curry, who designed the aforementioned giant fedora as well as a huge white glove.

Curry, a frequent Cirque collaborator most famous for his work on the animal puppets in The Lion King stage musical, remembers that Jackson's response to design queries was always a set of questions of his own: “What does the audience see? What does the audience feel?”

The designer heard Jackson's voice imploring him to think of the audience all through his design process of the puppets – including an animatronic, six-year-old Michael Jackson that floats out over the audience in a helium balloon, “like his spirit,” Curry says.

“It was as if I had two directors,” says Curry, who, along with the rest of the team, visited Jackson's Neverland ranch and pored through the star's private writings there during the development of the show.

Perhaps those most closely linked to Jackson's spirit on The Immortal World Tour are the choreographers, who are part of a physical history of movement passed from body to body. “Michael's been a mentor and big brother for all of us,” says Travis Payne, sitting in a row of Bell Centre seats with fellow star choreographers Rich and Tone Talauega. “Getting to be included in this tour has been a bit of a healing process.”

Payne – who danced with director Jamie King on the Dangerous tour many years ago – was co-choreographing the This Is It shows and had worked on and off with Jackson for 15 years before that.

One of the side benefits of working on this project and in Canada is that it kept the Payne's mind off of legal and media circus going on in Los Angeles, where physician Conrad Murray is being tried for involuntary manslaughter in the death of Jackson in June, 2009. “Being on two different coasts and in two different countries was very helpful,” he says.

In a way, Cirque du Soleil is the unfamiliar element in what is almost a family project. But according to Rich Talauega – who, along with his brother, was discovered freestyling in an Oakland, Calif., club by a Jackson associate and now works with the likes of Chris Brown – the Quebec entertainment giant is the right partner for this project. “At this time, Cirque du Soleil is probably the only company that could catch his essence,” he says.

“Cirque campus [the company's headquarters in Montreal] felt like a Neverland,” agrees Payne, a four-time winner of MTV Video Music Award for best choreography. “It's a space for creation.”

BY THE NUMBERS

$60-million: reported cost of The Immortal World Tour

$40-million: value of tickets sold in first 24 hours

47: number of cities The Immortal World Tour is currently scheduled to visit

64: number of artists on stage in the show

450: hours of video footage – much of it from Jackson's private collection – the projection designers went through to select clips for the show

12: Michael Jackson's shoe size

9 feet: the length of the replicas of his shoes that briefly appear on stage

35 feet: how tall a proportional Michael Jackson would have had to be to wear those shoes

40: number of trucks in The Immortal World Tour caravan required to transport giant shoes and all the other props, costumes and set

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...new-home-in-cirques-neverland/article2191062/

thanks Memefan for the video! i love the way jamie gives the pep talk. i bet mike was there. made me cry. i swear i wouldnt change a thing about the way cirque has gone about this tour from feedback of the fan leaders to hiring people who truly love michael, to the actual production.
^ i love the story from zaldy about mj and the kids laughing.
have to admit tho, as cool as the billie jean outfit is, i'm kinda glad mj didnt end up using it. i dont feel like it would take away the emphasis on the billie jean perfomance. to me bj needs nothing more. its already a masterpiece and adding coloured lights doesnt seem right. but its awesome for cirque to use.
i think working on this production would b the best job in the world apart from being away from family..and being exhausted lol.

Dunno if I should have opened a new thread on this, as i am sure it will be lost fairly quickly in this mega thread.

I did and i must say, that is another thing that really impressed me. Usually the sizing are are wrong ...but these were obviously well-thought in advance.

I bought several t-shirts, the coffee mug, the program book and they are all of great quality.

The t-shirts are far better quality & fit than all those i've bought from Bravado store.

Can you post a picture of the merchandise please?

this show is all for the money...

90% for the money
10% Tribute to Michael.

then they come up with imortal versions of remix tracks from michael... all for the money.

Estate so called has everything? then they come up with this sh.t

what next.. Invincible remasterd tracks + 1 bonus song.

You can post those in memoribilia section!

90% for the money
10% Tribute to Michael.

then they come up with imortal versions of remix tracks from michael... all for the money.

of course, there is money and profit to be make. What do you expect?
This community will be dead if there is no future projects, no CD, no DVDs, etc.. or something to look forward

Cirque du Soleil: Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour

By Pat Donnelly, GAZETTE CULTURE CRITIC October 5, 2011

5502568.bin

Rich Talauega (left), Travis Payne and Tone Talauega, three of the 10 choreographers who worked on the show, were on hand during a backstage tour given to more than 100 journalists

5502541.bin

Guy Laliberté made sure that director Jamie King (above) had everything he needed to bring the show to life, including the talents of costume designer Zaldy Goco and set designer Mark Fisher.

5502531.bin

5502530.bin

MONTREAL - A Swarovski crystal is embedded in the eye of the puppet that represents Michael Jackson’s younger self in the Cirque du Soleil’s Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour. During a backstage tour of the show offered to journalists earlier this week, renowned props and puppet designer Michael Curry showed off his doll-like creation, which soars above the crowd in a helium balloon while Jackson’s voice sings Have You Seen My Childhood? It’s a touching moment, which, like much of the show, is served up with a dash of Neverland bizarreness.

Curry used a remote-control box to make the puppet nod and blink as he explained that he had used the crystal in order to make the sparkling eyes visible to those in the faraway seats. This is but one of many tricks he has picked up in the trade of arena stagecraft. And just in case of malfunction, this mini-Michael, who contains three motors and a battery, has a twin who waits in a warehouse, ready to be shipped. The balloon and puppet are constructed of carbon fibre and specialized foam to keep the weight down to nine pounds, Curry said, “Because helium is not a very strong force. And gravity is.”

It takes time, tons of technology, dozens of artists and a huge support team as well as a budget of $60 million to put together a show like this one. But there are no guarantees that it will turn out as planned.

Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour is dazzling but, as yet, uneven. It’s a memorial, not a resurrection, no matter how devoutly this may be wished by Jackson fans.

Thus far, the show has received mixed reviews from the critics and enthusiastic cheers from the public. “The show is too young to comment on it,” was the cautious reply of Quebec rocker Robert Charlebois after the show’s Sunday night premiere.

Unlike the Cirque du Soleil’s Iris which opened recently in Los Angeles, following two months of previews, the Michael Jackson show was exposed to media scrutiny at birth. On the theatrical side of show business, this just isn’t done. Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark stirred up a controversy when it prolonged its previews (182 of them) long past the Broadway norm. But the rules of the rock world were applied here, even though the MJ show is a hybrid of circus, dance and concert, a performance art spectacle that bombards the senses.

Just how complex a hybrid The Immortal is became evident during the Bell Centre backstage tour, which was provided to more than 100 journalists and included interviews with the creative team. Many of them had worked with Jackson during his lifetime and are passionately concerned with preserving his legacy.

Stepping carefully over cables, dodging carts of equipment being wheeled from one place to another, brushing past batwing costumes and a pile of gravestone props, groups of reporters were ushered from one meeting point to another. We encountered designers, members of the music team, the choreographic team, and finally director Jamie King himself, who exclaimed, “Michael was so Cirque!”

Jackson was indeed an ardent fan of the Cirque du Soleil, since its early Las Vegas days at the Mirage (where he used to hole up for long periods, and where his music once enhanced the Siegfried and Roy Show). He even travelled to Montreal to visit Cirque headquarters at one point.

King, who is credited as writer and director of the show, said putting it together was a very “full circle” experience for him. He began his career dancing for Jackson, whom he regards as his key mentor. Once King began choreographing Madonna tours and videos, his list of pop star clients multiplied to include Britney Spears, Rihanna, Ricky Martin, Elton John and Celine Dion.

King is in demand. But he’d love to work with the Cirque again. “I have a whole new bag of tricks that I can take with me to my pop stars,” he said. “I’ve learned so much working with Cirque.” Cirque owner Guy Laliberté made sure King got “every tool that I needed to construct a show that was representative of Michael and a celebration of his life,” King said.

That included assembling a team of 10 of his favourite fellow choreographers, including longtime Jackson collaborator, Travis Payne. He also brought in hotshot New York costume designer Zaldy Goco, who said the only restrictions placed on his style were fire safety, because of the pyrotechnics in the show, and his own desire not to repeat the work he’d done for Jackson’s ill-fated This Is It tour. “Because Michael was about new ideas and bringing new technology to his fans,” Goco said. “He always wanted to entertain them in a new way.”

In addition to former members of the Jackson entourage who provide a special layer of authenticity, King has experts like Curry whose wizardry with the inanimate has proved popular with Julie Taymor (The Lion King and Spider-Man) as well as within the opera world, where he collaborates frequently with William Friedkin (of The Exorcist fame). This will be Curry’s fifth Cirque.

King also has top rock-circuit set designer Mark Fisher (his work ranges from Pink Floyd’s The Wall to U2’s recent 360 degrees tour) who had already done two Vegas Cirque Shows, Ka, with director Robert Lepage, and Viva Elvis.
“The game of a making show tour is all about the speed it goes together and the number of trucks (38 here) that it takes,” Fisher explained. “The creation of a show artistically, is nothing to do with any of that.”

The British architect, who just finished designing Elton John’s new show in Las Vegas, said the Cirque experience differed greatly from that of the rock world. “This is a very much more complicated show, technically ambitious. The integration between scenery, video, costumes, props, lighting, music, this is way beyond what’s done in rock and roll. It’s much more complicated. It takes longer to produce. And it takes longer to settle down.”

This show does need some editing, he admitted. But he’s pleased that it contains such an abundance of rich material. It took two years to develop the MJ show, five months to rehearse it.

Of all the ace cards King has in his pocket, musical director Greg Phillinganes and musical designer Kevin Antunes belong at the top of the deck. A Michael Jackson show has to be music-driven, which this one is. The album will be launched soon.

Sitting side by side onstage, Antunes, whose job included sifting through the catalogue and selecting songs, and Phillinganes, who plays keyboards in the show, talked about how much it meant to them. Phillinganes said his most emotional moment was meeting “Mama Jackson” – Michael’s mother Katherine – who surveyed the proceeding from Laliberté’s private box, before the show. (She was among several members of the family who attended, including Michael’s three children, Paris, Prince and Blanket, and three of his brothers, Tito, Marlon, and Jackie, who all hung out backstage.)

Phillinganes, who also performed at Jackson’s funeral, said that as he played the childhood number with the “boy” in the balloon flying high on Sunday night, he thought of Michael’s mother, and how she must be thinking of the child whose nose she used to wipe. “You can imagine,” he said. “I know she’s out there. I can see her. So yeah, it was not your average day at the office.”

http://www.montrealgazette.com/entertainment/Backstage+Immortal+World+Tour/5502289/story.html

Last edited:

90% for the money
10% Tribute to Michael.

You are joking right?
MJ did albums for profit too. - He had one of the best contracts in the world. MJ was a buisnessman himself.
This is a fantastic show - MJ loved Cirque du Soleil - MJ would be soo happy they did a show in his honour. - And so should we.
This keeps MJ's legacy alive, this makes people keep buying MJ albums, merchandise etc. - Shows, event, albums like this keeps MJ's Legacy alive.

If no show, no album - NOTHING was ever released from MJ again, no t-shirts, tribute concerts etc. MJ would not keep being present to new generations and other non fans - og even us fans!

New MJ stuff needs to be released.

I REALLY hope to go in the UK, but I don't want to go 02 because that would hurt. It would hurt, I had tickets for TII. Is it worth it? I've seen videos, I thought it was going to be rubbish, however WOW. I was surprised. Nowhere near Michael but good for what can now be done.

I Like The Way That's on the CD, what is it? Is it the song from Michael?

Back