The Legend Lives On - Official Cirque du Soleil 'Immortal World Tour' Discussion

I guess they will soon have to do a new trailer for the show because nothing shown in the trailer will be in the actual show...

This could be interesting to see... let me check...

The first 15 seconds, those numbers will still be there and unchanged.

From 0:15 to 0:21, the Can you feel it number with the ring team will completely be removed from the show (but not the little Scream number we see in between)

From 0:21 to 0:24, will remain the same

From 0:24 to 0:27, it's WBSS number, which will also be completely removed for Europe

From 0:27 to 0:36, it should remain the same since THAT part of Dancing Machine doesn't change.

From 0:37 to 0:39, no changes except for the Twins who got fired.

From 0:39 to 0:43, THIS is the part of Dancing Machine that will be cut (you see the flying ring team behind the mime)

From 0:44 to 0:58, no changes there

At 0:59: This the Earth Song part with the mime stuck in the roots that has already been cut.

From 1:00 to 1:09, no changes

From 1:09 to 1:15, Thriller number won't ''change'' except that in the teaser you have the Giving Tree, which doesn't exist anymore.

From 1:16 to 1:40: no changes

From 1:41 til the end: you see WBSS and Can You Feel It, both will be cut for Europe, and a little of ring act in Dancing Machine, gonna be cut too, besides that, the pole dancer will still be there and besides the Giving Tree again, the rest will also stay.

How do we know WBSS will be cut? Just becuase they cant use the ring dancers becuase of safety concerns doesnt mean they are cutting the song. maybe they will incorporate the song into the show another way . Is there a source (link please) that says WBSS will be cut from the show?

How do we know WBSS will be cut? Just becuase they cant use the ring dancers becuase of safety concerns doesnt mean they are cutting the song. maybe they will incorporate the song into the show another way . Is there a source (link please) that says WBSS will be cut from the show?

I answered that question in the other post. There is no ring in WBSS, only in Can You Feel It and Dancing Machine, so it's not connected to them about WBSS. As I said, my source is the artist of the show we had a face to face discussion with. Later that night, Jonathan 'Sugarfoot' came to us too and asked us ''So, did you hear the news?''

Last edited:
Cutting WBSS and CYFI sounds like a cut too far to me. I already have my ticket and I'm gutted those very very popular songs won't be in the show with the rings.

I answered that question in the other post. There is no ring in WBSS, only in Can You Feel It and Dancing Machine, so it's not connected to them about WBSS. As I said, my source is the artist of the show we had a face to face discussion with. Later that night, Jonathan 'Sugarfoot' came to us too and asked us ''So, did you hear the news?''

Cutting WBSS and CYFI sounds like a cut too far to me. I already have my ticket and I'm gutted those very very popular songs won't be in the show with the rings.

Before we get ahead of ourselves with rumours & hear-says, can we wait until we get a formal announcement?

We should learn from our latest BAD DVD debacle to wait and see.

Before we get ahead of ourselves with rumours & hear-says, can we wait until we get a formal announcement?

lol, Of course you can wait for an official announcement if you want, it's your right, I could have kept that for myself too you know ;) For curious people, you can always search the net or Facebook pages of some of the artists of the Immortal, some of them actually commented on that matter on their page. You do the search :)

I think this is as official as it will get. (the artists talked about the cuts).
They will hardly announce it in an official statement "by the way, we cut a few songs so the show will be even shorter..."

I think this is as official as it will get. (the artists talked about the cuts).
They will hardly announce it in an official statement "by the way, we cut a few songs so the show will be even shorter..."

That is also my opinion. I doubt there will be an announcement about it, it will be just a ''well, wait and see''

But..

HEY IMMORTALS ARE BACK ON TOUR! After a little vacation!
GO IMMORTALS GO!! :D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8suyXk60zL4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks bluesky that was really good (p.s. I'm glad a noticed the other two videos linked at the end and didn't just click off the page!)

Last edited:
The Immortals are soon coming back to Montreal for 2 last shows on July 6th and 7th.. Where it all began on October 2nd 2011, seems like so long ago, yet it's been only 8 months and some days!

Re: The Legend Lives On - Official News Announcement

I'm gonna buy my ticket to go here in Stockholm, Sweden. Anybody else???

I went to the show last night, and all I can say is that it was awesome. :woohoo: This was my second time seeing it. The first time I saw it in Houston, Tx., back in February. I thought the show was much better this time. I did noticed some changes, but in my opinion, they were good changes (videos shown in the big screens, stage set-up). :yes: The show started at 8:05 pm. and ended at 10:14 pm. I was happy to see that the place was packed, and the audience was very enthusiastic. :wild:

PS: I had a very good seat.
Untitled-2-1.jpg

A 7th date has been added to London's O2

Saturday, October 20th, 2012

http://www.livenation.co.uk/artist/...soleil-tickets?c=twit_wp_ln_mjimmortal_270612

Elusive (and others living outside of London) ...is it possible they are not announcing dates for other UK cities because other arenas aren't suitable for a Cirque show? I remember a few months ago, someone wrote that when Immortal moves to Europe, some acts will be cut, because Arenas in Europe are not built for these kind of shows. (or something along those lines).

Have Cirque OTHER shows (Alegria, Saltimbanco etc) visited your respective cities in the past?

Yesterday I went to go see The Immortal Tour and it was great I really liked it and I took my 10 year old nephew and he loved it :D He was blown away by all the show :bugeyed: Although there were some things that could have made it a bit better I still loved it :wub: Im glad I went to go see it :clapping:

http://www.livenation.co.uk/artist/...soleil-tickets?c=twit_wp_ln_mjimmortal_270612

Elusive (and others living outside of London) ...is it possible they are not announcing dates for other UK cities because other arenas aren't suitable for a Cirque show?

I know people who have been to the allegria cirque show at manchester's MEN arena this year. It's got a slightly larger capacity than o2. So that's not the reason. Guess it's economics, if they can sell out 02 for multi-nights, why travel around. The distances within the uk must seem dinky compared to usa.

I know people who have been to the allegria cirque show at manchester's MEN arena this year. It's got a slightly larger capacity than o2. So that's not the reason. Guess it's economics, if they can sell out 02 for multi-nights, why travel around. The distances within the uk must seem dinky compared to usa.

It's not only about the capacity, it's also about the way it's built, the weight the roof can take, and the show is not only going to UK, there are many more arenas in Europe the show is going to, so they get rid of the material (and some acts) for the whole Europe Tour, so they don't have to pay (yes of course, it's also about money) to move those structures across the ocean. It wouldn't be logical to keep the artists for all the Europe tour for only some places they will be able to do their number, and for them to ask every city which version of the show they'll do tonight. The other Cirque shows don't have the same numbers nor installation, so it cannot be compared. Still, it sucks, but they do what they have to do I guess..

I so wanted them to come to Brazil..... :(

I went to the show last night, and all I can say is that it was awesome. :woohoo: This was my second time seeing it. The first time I saw it in Houston, Tx., back in February. I thought the show was much better this time. I did noticed some changes, but in my opinion, they were good changes (videos shown in the big screens, stage set-up). :yes: The show started at 8:05 pm. and ended at 10:14 pm. I was happy to see that the place was packed, and the audience was very enthusiastic. :wild:

PS: I had a very good seat.
Untitled-2-1.jpg

:eek:

kermit.gif

[h=1]Discount on Cirque du Soleil&#8217;s &#8220;Michael Jackson&#8221;[/h]5:00 am June 28, 2012, by Lauren Davidson
&#8220;You are not alone&#8221; if you&#8217;re looking for a deal on Cirque tickets for this weekend.
Get a discount on Cirque du Soleil&#8217;s &#8220;Michael Jackson the Immoral World tour&#8221; this Sunday fromGoldstar.com. These aren&#8217;t the cheap seats &#8212; they&#8217;re premium, center-of-the-arena seating for$124.50 including fees (regularly $195.60 on Ticketmaster).

Atlanta area I think!!

Elusive (and others living outside of London) ...is it possible they are not announcing dates for other UK cities because other arenas aren't suitable for a Cirque show? I remember a few months ago, someone wrote that when Immortal moves to Europe, some acts will be cut, because Arenas in Europe are not built for these kind of shows. (or something along those lines).

Have Cirque OTHER shows (Alegria, Saltimbanco etc) visited your respective cities in the past?

yeah numerous cirque shows have performed in many uk cities as part of a uk tour. the 02 is no different to many other arenas in the uk. bigger than some but there are arenas just as big or bigger than the 02 in the rest of the uk. maybe they are looking to save money by not moving to other cities as the uk is small interms of travel distances and want the attention of the shows all being at the 02 as they have no problem doing multiple shows in diff cities in other european countries at least i arent left with the dilema of whether to go or not which i would be if it were held outside of london. its old hat for me now anyway and id be disapointed seeing the show in its new sliced and diced format. ironic that i get an email advertising the show as i write this.

Last edited:
i replied to the email i got advertising the new show. tbh i thought it was a noreply address but it obviously wasnt. below is the reply

Thank you for taking the time to write us.

New dates and cities are added to the tour plan on a regular basis, once they are confirmed. You will understand that we cannot divulge any new information until negotiations with the different parties involved are finalized. At this moment, we did not confirm in which other cities we will be performing except for the ones posted on our website.

Best regards

i replied to the email i got advertising the new show. tbh i thought it was a noreply address but it obviously wasnt. below is the reply

Thank you for taking the time to write us.

New dates and cities are added to the tour plan on a regular basis, once they are confirmed. You will understand that we cannot divulge any new information until negotiations with the different parties involved are finalized. At this moment, we did not confirm in which other cities we will be performing except for the ones posted on our website.

Best regards

So it sounds as though they are planning to take it elsewhere.

Back