The Legend Lives On - Official Cirque du Soleil 'Immortal World Tour' Discussion

I'm quite certain it will be on DVD after the show is finished touring.

I hope so but I'm not as sure.. I think it may be possible that they may feel that if they release a DVD of Immortal, than many may not feel the need to see MJOne in Vegas, even though it's a completely different show..

I have read somewhere on here that the Cirque president told a poster/user on this board (in person at an Immortal tour stop) that he was going to release a DVD of the show.. But I take that with a grain of salt..

I hope so but I'm not as sure.. I think it may be possible that they may feel that if they release a DVD of Immortal, than many may not feel the need to see MJOne in Vegas, even though it's a completely different show..

I have read somewhere on here that the Cirque president told a poster/user on this board (in person at an Immortal tour stop) that he was going to release a DVD of the show.. But I take that with a grain of salt..

It would make sense if they release dvd, because not all the fans got a chance to see Immortal while it was touring, and not many fans around the world can afford to travel to LV to see MJ1.

I would definitely buy DVD if they release it:clapping:

Dancer Shondra Leigh talks about #MichaelJackson and her experience on #mjIMMORTAL:
"As this journey ends, most of all I am thankful for MJ. Without his artistry & genius, this lifetime experience wouldn't have existed! 3 years of hard work, dedication, sweat, tears, & most of all laughter with countless memories."

10551091_820496507975213_587053314882777080_n.jpg

It's only what he told me after Man in the Mirror. I've got the poster he gave me as proof.

Has this been posted here?

Michael Jackson Immortal Documentary ENGLISH

10458063_820467827978081_5096667323003275510_n.jpg

Drummer Jonathan 'Sugarfoot' Moffett back in Montreal during rehearsals for #mjIMMORTAL. #ThrowbackThursday #TBT #BackstageCirque

We had a very special #mjIMMORTAL #FanOfTheNight at today's first show in #MexicoCity! Thanks Dylan for coming out!
10628442_836627579695439_8547932219771768827_n.jpg

As we near the end of the tour it was great to welcome a visit from #Cirque Founder Guy Laliberté!
10495827_836243396400524_3266301705213007824_o.jpg

Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour by Cirque du Soleil

Our final #mjIMMORTAL #FanOfTheNight is for all of the fans! The over 3.5 million people, who have experienced the show since the premiere in 2011. Thanks for all your support and love! — Arena VFG.

10616077_840655765959287_6080176934479972726_n.jpg

Join the Michael Jackson ONE by Cirque du Soleil crew by giving all your love and best wishes to Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour by Cirque du Soleil for its very last performance tonight!
[video=youtube;LA4RHStS7fQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA4RHStS7fQ[/video]

Sad to see it end. I was able to see the show in Vegas with my sister and it was a wonderful performance and tribute to Michael. Now I'm looking forward to a DVD.

Michael Jackson : THE IMMORTAL World Tour completed its 500th performance last night in Guadalajara, Mexico! Congratulations to the entire cast and crew on a hugely successful 3-year tour.

After performing 500 shows in 141 different cities on 27 countries, Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour by Cirque du Soleil has taken the stage for the very last time.

However, the legacy, spirit, and messages of Michael Jackson and #mjIMMORTAL will forever be immortalized.
10603948_842195839138613_9195789691163297676_o.jpg

10496118_842195799138617_73719805826576194_o.jpg

After performing 500 shows in 141 different cities on 27 countries, Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour by Cirque du Soleil has taken the stage for the very last time.

However, the legacy, spirit, and messages of Michael Jackson and #mjIMMORTAL will forever be immortalized.
10603948_842195839138613_9195789691163297676_o.jpg

10496118_842195799138617_73719805826576194_o.jpg
Man I honestly thought the next part after the bolded part was going to be a DVD/Bluray release announcement ....

Hopefully soon at least..

Last edited:
So sad. I wonder why they end when the show is still pulling in crowds? Maybe they figured it would start losing money soon and wanted to end on a high note. I wonder what next they have planned?

"Cirque boasts that it’s the biggest arena show touring North America right now, with 35 trucks, eight buses and more than 215 people."

In order to move all the 35 trucks and buses, they had to have a plan which places to go. I mean that like if they go to Europe, there must have been so many arena's that were willing to take them in the same area that it would have been worthwhile to go there. I suppose that was the reason why Cirque didn't go to Africa or south America. Not enough demand for show that scale that they would have moved all the trucks and buses just for few cities who might would have wanted them.

This is just my thought of it, could something else too.
All the same, I was hoping they come back to Europe, but it wasn't to be. Now I just wait for DVD to appear.

^^I think there is a big demand in South America and South Africa, so maybe the reason they did not go there was complications with accommodating the size of the production & people? I don't know.

I guess this means next year Michael's estate will have a major drop in income, unless they buy some money generating business like a comic book and make superhero movies, or something like that.

One of the most unique nights of my life in the o2. Very bittersweet given the venue but a night i will never forget how it was the closest i have felt to michaels untouched spirit since his death.

One last time, thank you to all the fans around the world for supporting and loving ?#?mjIMMORTAL?!
We may have closed, but there are 18 other extraordinary Cirque du Soleil shows performing around the world! In particular, if you loved ?#?mjIMMOTRAL? be sure to check out Michael Jackson ONE by Cirque du Soleil in Las Vegas.

It´s not the same to watch it on a dvd but a dvd would still be something

I wonder if they will create another world tour, but what would the premise of the show be? I just loved the idea of Michael having 2 shows at the same time.

I want it on dvd that would be great. Wonder if there's any way we could find out if there was ever one planned.

Where is that picture from, an official Cirque site or something? I'd like to update the Wiki page to place it rightfully as the 7th highest grossing tour of all time (unadjusted for inflation ;))

Does anyone know what ever happened to the Opus book that was supposed to come out about this tour?

Re: The Legend Lives On - Official News Announcement

I can not say enough good things about this show....but if I have to sum it up in one word...AMAZING!!

Back