The Legend Lives On - Official Cirque du Soleil 'Immortal World Tour' Discussion

Don Boyette, Jonathan 'Sugarfoot' Moffett, Bashiri Johnson, Jon Myron Clark. All former musicians of Michael Jackson. All a part of the incredible #mjIMMORTAL band.

10478231_804277769597087_2369911214242847884_n.jpg

We couldn't chose just one #FanOfTheNight #Dallas so instead we chose this whole bunch!
10538427_809752235716307_156069634477560334_n.jpg

Quite a treat to welcome Olympic Gold Medalist, Carly Patterson, to the show last night in #Dallas!
10509569_809267819098082_109554780275692310_n.jpg

It's great to be back and celebrate MJ with all the fans! #mjIMMORTAL #FanOfTheNight #OklahomaCity
10502242_808304869194377_7313145799349635840_n.jpg

Beautiful photos^^ I hope that claim about the show closing is not true. I wanted to see it again.

Beautiful photos^^ I hope that claim about the show closing is not true. I wanted to see it again.

Ticketmaster only has tix thru 8/6 in TX for a while now which I thought odd. I've been waiting for the show to swing back West for months now and will be disappointed if it's really ending.

They better do at least one show here in the Bay Area (northern Cali) cuz I promised my 5 year old daughter that I would take her to see Immortal as soon as they came back our way..

I'll be really disappointed if they really don't come back :(

http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/de/shows/michael-jackson-tour/tickets.aspx

Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour läuft zurzeit in Nordamerika und gastiert demnächst in Europa.
Veranstaltungsorte und -daten können ohne vorherige Ankündigung geändert werden.

Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour is underway in North America and a guest soon in Europe.
Venues and dates are subject to change without notice.

Update: I got a response from Cirque. Immortal is ending. Mexico will be last stop.

their next project - release of the DVD of MJ Immortal performances taken from around the world.

Well looks like I'll just have to take my daughter to see MJOne in Vegas.. I'm just glad I got to see immortal at least once, but I really wanted to take my 5 year old baby girl to experience the live band and big arena spectacle.. But oh well.. Whattya gonna do eh?

At least we'll have a 3D bluray to look forward to!!!! (Hopefully anyways...)

I hope they plan to tour again in the future with newer songs and ideas. I love the Immortal album and keep listening to it. Hats off to Cirque Du Soleil, they put up a great show! Kudos to their hardwork and to help spread MJ's message around the world! :clapping: I hope I can get to see their show some day. :)

I really do hope they release on dvd/blue ray maybe cinema/imax release. Oh hello first ever post on a forum hope your good

:yes: Am up for it! I hope they think of something like that! They have a great HD recording of the tour. It would be AMAZING to watch the Cirque Du Soleil in cinemas.

If it is ending, I'm very thankful I got the chance to experience such a great show and it's nice to see Michael celebrated for so long and it consistently be incredibly successful. Props to Cirque and the Estate for putting on a great, great show the last 3 years!

So what happened to touring Europe again? I saw someone said that not so long ago that they are coming to Europe again. That wasn't true then?

I think it was confusion over out-of-date promo info on the website.

I don't know about the website, but it was definately mentioned in interviews they will return to Europe.
So is this part cancelled and the show ends for good on Aug. 31?

Why would end it? Is the demand beginning to slow down? Are they having troubles selling out venues? 'Cause if the demand is still high it wouldn't make any sense to stop.

I was so hoping to be able to see it in Europe again!

I never heard that it was going back to Europe, just a return to North America. I had hoped that meant the entire US but I guess it was select cities -- not sure if they were missed the first time around.

It's playing in Houston this weekend and it played before in Feb 2012. I got to see it then and I'm not sure if it was entirely sold out but it was close.
I'm not sure how they selected the cities for this last leg.

It's playing in Houston this weekend and it played before in Feb 2012. I got to see it then and I'm not sure if it was entirely sold out but it was close.
I'm not sure how they selected the cities for this last leg.

It's odd to me then. Maybe it didn't sell as well in other cities so they opted to close. It just seems so sudden. :(

#Houston you were a fantastic city for our final US show! Thanks to all the fans, but especially the #mjIMMORTAL #FanOfTheNight — Houston Toyota Center.

10385600_817544448270419_4525263140388879851_n.jpg

^^ they are selling and promote Xscape at these shows!. Too bad, it's the last show though!

As we embark on the final 2 cities of #mjIMMORTAL, our hearts are so full of appreciation to everyone who came out to see our second tour of the US and to all the fans across the world!

10514568_817065801651617_3499902895140533030_n.jpg

2.5 weeks until the final #mjIMMORTAL performance, so we're taking a look back at some of the fun times had.

Back in 2011, there was a group of artists in #Montreal where it all began. #ThrowbackThursday #TBT

10440195_818616181496579_2792742249805165784_n.jpg

Any way we can get an official statement about whether a bluray/DVD release of the show will be released? Thanks

From Cirque website help section

Is there an Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour DVD?
At the present time, Michael Jackson THE IMMORTALworld tour is not available on DVD. It is not currently planned to release it, but should anything change, we will post the information on our website as soon as possible.
------------------------------------------------
I'm quite certain it will be on DVD after the show is finished touring.

Back