The main and the only problem of This Is It tour was lack of "Invincible" content?

I like that you're continuing to use examples from one day to describe MJ's condition throughout the entire rehearsal process. Even after it's been pointed out you're doing it. Also using AEG emails (a group of people who had no respect for MJ at all and called him various things in those emails) as an example just further shows that you'll cite anything as long as it makes you look correct.

Getting really sick of seeing this on here every day and literally nothing being done about it.
I do not continue to use examples from one day to describe Michael Jackson's condition throughout the entire rehearsal process.

I actually use examples from the entire rehearsal process, and here are some more examples from different days:

According to court documents, on June 23rd (2009) Michael Jackson appeared to be freezing cold and his assistants had to give him several shirts to wear under his long, heavy coat, despite the warm temperature at the Staples Center on that day.

Also, Alif Sankey, associate producer for the 'This Is It' shows, testified (after witnessing Michael Jackson struggling to rehearse on different days) that she had a very strong feeling that the singer was dying so he needed to immediately be put in a hospital.

Also, Canadian investigative journalist Ian Halperin revealed (in his book) that Michael Jackson collapsed during his second rehearsal and that he needed medical attention because he could not go on.

If I'm honest I think given the sharp and at times abrupt editing of This Is It, I think we've seen most, if not all the best footage from the rehearsals.

Watching it recently, (for the first time in years) it struck me how heavily edited the film is. I assume Kenny and the editors tried to cherry pick all the best bits and throw them together. I doubt there's great stuff left in the vault

The Bad and Dangerous Tour rehearsals on the other hand...
The prosecution in the CM Trial wanted to use the full footage from June 23rd and 24th to show how good MJ was on those days. However we don't see that much in movie. A lot of it is actually weaker footage from early June at The Forum shown in the film. A lot of films do multiple anniversary editions with only limited new footage included.There doesn't have to be that much new included say footage from meetings or 'new' rehearsal footage.

There's only so much footage they can use because they didn't record it all on film. Some of it is SD, significant amounts actually. And while that wouldn't bother us, HD is still the wave.

First Michael was going to do about 23 shows, 2-3 shows per week.Then it would have been a break for some months before he made the rest of the shows.There was plenty of time to make changes in the set list. For a song like Speechless he wouldn't need much rehearsals.

The prosecution in the CM Trial wanted to use the full footage from June 23rd and 24th to show how good MJ was on those days. However we don't see that much in movie. A lot of it is actually weaker footage from early June at The Forum shown in the film. A lot of films do multiple anniversary editions with only limited new footage included.There doesn't have to be that much new included say footage from meetings or 'new' rehearsal footage.
If I remember rightly, isn't the 23rd featured heavily? It was MJ wearing the grey suit with red shirt wasn't it? Most of the first 6 songs are made up mainly from the 23rd, he was brilliant that day, but they did use that day in the film a lot

If I remember rightly, isn't the 23rd featured heavily? It was MJ wearing the grey suit with red shirt wasn't it? Most of the first 6 songs are made up mainly from the 23rd, he was brilliant that day, but they did use that day in the film a lot
This is true- I think it is mostly highlights from 23/24. They could at some point release these dates and others as full rehearsals and meetings in future editions as additional material to original the film.

If I'm honest I think given the sharp and at times abrupt editing of This Is It, I think we've seen most, if not all the best footage from the rehearsals.

Watching it recently, (for the first time in years) it struck me how heavily edited the film is. I assume Kenny and the editors tried to cherry pick all the best bits and throw them together. I doubt there's great stuff left in the vault

The Bad and Dangerous Tour rehearsals on the other hand...

This is I agree with. They could re-release either Bad or Dangerous tours with behind the scenes footage.

I definitely think there's some interesting stuff to be seen still from the rehearsals. I'm more interested in discussion, planning, MJ talking with people, the band etc though, more of that kind of stuff. We've already seen the "what the show was supposed to be" thing, and I don't really want any more of that.

Personally I wouldn't be that bothered if no more footage was released, but if they are going to do it that's the direction I'd prefer.

I definitely think there's some interesting stuff to be seen still from the rehearsals. I'm more interested in discussion, planning, MJ talking with people, the band etc though, more of that kind of stuff. We've already seen the "what the show was supposed to be" thing, and I don't really want any more of that.

Personally I wouldn't be that bothered if no more footage was released, but if they are going to do it that's the direction I'd prefer.
Couldn't agree more mate

Here's how I think Michael could have changed things up a little for This Is It

1. Instead of opening with Wanna Be Startin Somethin open with Another Part Of Me
2. Replace You Are Not Alone with The Lady In My Life
3. Change the Jackson 5 Medley into a Jackson's Medley (Can You Feel It/Blame It On The Boogie/Shake Your Body) or just perform Heartbreak Hotel instead
4. Replace I Just Can't Stop Loving You with Liberian Girl
5. On some nights replace Will You Be There with Who Is It

Just a few minor changes but I think it would make a big difference.

Here's how I think Michael could have changed things up a little for This Is It

1. Instead of opening with Wanna Be Startin Somethin open with Another Part Of Me
2. Replace You Are Not Alone with The Lady In My Life
3. Change the Jackson 5 Medley into a Jackson's Medley (Can You Feel It/Blame It On The Boogie/Shake Your Body) or just perform Heartbreak Hotel instead
4. Replace I Just Can't Stop Loving You with Liberian Girl
5. On some nights replace Will You Be There with Who Is It

Just a few minor changes but I think it would make a big difference.
That's like 5 things he'd absolutely never do lol. You might as well ask him to come out of his tour clothes.

I think for michael invincible was bit of a sad & hard time for him hence the tommy mottola debacle it probably why he decided not put invincible songs in the this is it tour

Back