The Mess that Is R. Kelly

I don't agree, and even if that were true, then it says more about the person who we call R Kelly than anything.

Further, I don't see this Daniel's girl as a victim anymore than I see Andrea Kelly as one. They BOTH are grown women, if you want to go down that route.

The interesting thing here is that up until he found out about his daughter's relationship, George Daniels defended Kelly to the nines. This is not about an age issue. This is about a trust issue.

Yeah but I'll add MONEY to the mix. I think once R. Kelly cut them off of their money (because he was giving the family all kinds of money and gifts just so they can enjoy HIS lifestyle), that's when they finally was like "you know what? Let's grill this *****." It's really sick actually no matter what side you're on in this matter.

As far as I know, the Daniels have not made any claims that Kelly messed around with their daughter while she was underage.

Because if they believed that, Kelly's south suburban house would be torched -- probably with him in it. Daniels said as much when he noted in his interview that if someone illegal had gone on, he would have to go to jail.

Exactly. They always was speaking of for him when his case was "hot" in 2002 (might as well say it's fizzling), now that things are a mess with Kells and their daughter, they wanna speak up. Just SAD.

ok then if thats the case then he should cut ties with his daughter as well since shes as much to blame as kelly. both adults both are to blame for the mistake/inappropriate relationship or however u wanna call it. i agree with the other poster who said the only victim here is the cheated wife and her kids
Roxy, I SO cannot WAIT until you have children! :lol:

Trust me. It's a parent thang.

the thing that really bothers me is that the more R. Kelly keeps all this up, the more some r and b djs give him props. some of these djs are embarrassed to mention Michael's name..but R. Kelly, to them, is the ish...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Re: Singer's camp says ex-publicist just wants cash

A new controversy -- again with sexual innuendo surrounding it -- is swirling around Chicago-based R&B king R. Kelly. But over the weekend, I found out that much of this may be connected to an attempt by a former Kelly employee to snare a big financial settlement from the Grammy winner.
It all started when George Daniels, the husband of ex-Kelly publicist Regina Daniels, dissed Kelly on a Los Angeles radio show last week. George Daniels accused Kelly of having an "inappropriate" relationship with his daughter, Maxine -- who Daniels claimed the rapper had known since she was "a little girl."

The implications were obvious, given that Kelly still is battling charges (which he continues to deny) that he had sex with a Chicago girl who was in her early teens and videotaped the encounter.
First reported by the TMZ gossip website, the L.A. radio interview got a quick response Friday from Kelly's camp. Referring to Daniels' "adult daughter," a Kelly representative issued a statement alleging that the couple had "no problem with the relationship -- indeed they encouraged it -- while Ms. Daniels was on Mr. Kelly's payroll."

Regina Daniels, who is the young woman's stepmother, had been Kelly's publicist until being fired last year. According to a source inside Kelly's camp, she was terminated "for cause ... for being totally incompetent" -- a charge Daniels denies, insisting it was due to a disagreement over how to market Kelly's image.

According to Kelly's current spokesfolks, it was Regina Daniels who vigorously pushed Kelly to attend her stepdaughter's 21st birthday, plus gave his private cell phone number to Maxine and told her to call him.
**My Kelly camp insider says this is all about the fact that Regina Daniels has been seeking "a healthy six-figure settlement" from Kelly "to go away quietly. . . . When she learned she wasn't going to get it, she and her husband decided to go this route as a way to collect."

New R. Kelly controversy? :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Bill Zwecker
Sry, but I kinda don't believe this, but then again, I wouldn't be surprised at anything in Kelly's world anymore. George Daniels is a well known and well respected, by all accounts, person of note in Chicago. His music shop is unique in that it's still on the South Side, in the neighborhood, where people from all over still go to find that rare jazz LP, vintage J-5 recordings, etc., etc., as well as the latest CDs -- all without having to have a car and go downtown or to the mall. He has been a fixure on Ashland Ave. for longer than my 25 years living in Chicago. I believe HIM. I don't know what to think of his wife -- maybe it's true, but George Daniels didn't know about it and the point here is that Daniels treated Kelly like a son. One of the main reasons why Kelly is so endeared here is that he does his record signings at George's store, when he could easily go to Borders or Virgin's downtown (unlike a Kanye West, for example...). This man is hurt and you can hear it in his voice. If, as a man, you have a daughter, trust me when I tell ya that you ani't gonna want anybody messing around with her until she's 80, unless you are a fool. You certainly ani't gonna want your best friend screwing around with her or someone you have treated as a long time family member, unless you hand picked the person for your daughter to marry. Daniels is ole skool and they don't play that.

the issue supposedly is b/c he's known her since she was a young girl and has sort of an uncle/niece relationship w/ her, it's kind of gross...

BUT on the flip side...james woods is dating HIS GODDAUGHTER yet no one mentions how nasty and disgusting that is.

he had sex w/ a consenting adult. she allowed it but whether or not she knew she was being taped is kinda funny since he's well known for taping his flings.

the issue SHOULD be...y does america NOT care about his case? is it b/c it's not of a homosexual nature or b/c both 'victim' and 'assailant' are black or?????

it is what it is...r(ah) ain't going nowhere anytime soon
Well damn Katie! That is nasty and disgusting! :lol: Wha? Didn't know about that. Sounds like he is going the route of Woody Allen. It's all disgustingly inappropriate to me.

Yeah but I'll add MONEY to the mix. I think once R. Kelly cut them off of their money (because he was giving the family all kinds of money and gifts just so they can enjoy HIS lifestyle), that's when they finally was like "you know what? Let's grill this *****." It's really sick actually no matter what side you're on in this matter.
Well, it would appear that Mr. Kelly often passes around his dough in this manner, but for the record, Ms. Daniels actually worked for him.

For a very LONG time. Hopefully Kelly was paying her well...

Also, Mr. Daniels has owned his record store for going on 30+ years now and he and Kelly were very close (according to him).

Well, it would appear that Mr. Kelly often passes around his dough in this manner, but for the record, Ms. Daniels actually worked for him.

For a very LONG time. Hopefully Kelly was paying her well...

Also, Mr. Daniels has owned his record store for going on 30+ years now and he and Kelly were very close (according to him).

Yeah you're right. Then again it just seems fishy.

Speaking of being very close, I wonder if Ron Isley and Kells also fell out. He only contributed to one song on their last album.

Last edited:
Exactly. They always was speaking of for him when his case was "hot" in 2002 (might as well say it's fizzling), now that things are a mess with Kells and their daughter, they wanna speak up. Just SAD.
Correction. They were defending him, as it was Ms. Daniels' job to do so, and Mr. Daniels relationship with Kelly was the reason why he stuck up for him. They are only speaking about their daughter and no one else that I know of.

Does it sound rather hypocritical? Yes. It does and if I were the DJ, I would ask George Daniels that, given the fact that he has a daughter that is basically the same age as the woman at the center of Kelly's troubles, how is it that now, he wants to speak on victimization issues?

Fair point, Timmy.:punk:

the thing that really bothers me is that the more R. Kelly keeps all this up, the more some r and b djs give him props. some of these djs are embarrassed to mention Michael's name..but R. Kelly, to them, is the ish...:rolleyes:
Let's not start up with using MJ's name in this thread again. I had to clean out 20 or messages because of it before.

Yeah you're right. Then again it just seems fishy.

Speaking of being very close, I wonder if Ron Isley and Kells also fell out. He only contributed to one song on their last album.
Well, I think that Isley has his own burdens to bear, in that he is in federal PRISON for income tax evasion! :p

Make of this what you will:

R. Kelly accused of inappropriate relationship

Inside scoop

February 19, 2008
BY STELLA FOSTER Sun-Times Columnist
IT WAS REPORTED over the weekend by the TMZ gossip Web site that on an L.A. radio station, noted Chicago music retailer George Daniels stated that embattled R&B artist R. Kelly, 41, had an "inappropriate relationship with his daughter, 21-year-old Maxine Daniels." TMZ received a statement from R. Kelly's spokesman saying that "It's hard to take seriously the moral outrage expressed by George and Regina Daniels over R. Kelly's relationship with Mr. Daniels' adult daughter, Maxine. The fact is that they had no problem with the relationship -- indeed, they encouraged it -- while Ms. Daniels was on Mr. Kelly's payroll."

It went on to say -- "It was Regina Daniels, then working as a publicist for Mr. Kelly, who persuaded him to attend her stepdaughter's 21st birthday party. And it was Regina Daniels who shortly thereafter gave her stepdaughter Mr. Kelly's private phone number, with the admonition: 'Don't tell your father.' It was only after Ms. Daniels resigned her position to avoid being fired for incompetence that her stepdaughter's relationship suddenly became an issue for her and her husband."

R&B singer, R. Kelly, 41, is accused of having an inappropriate relationship with 21-year-old, Maxine Daniels.
(Brian Jackson/Sun-Times)

Maxine Daniels, 21
(Jean Lachat/Sun-Times)

Maxine personally came to this columnist's office at the Sun-Times, and in her first-ever interview said: "The statement that was issued by R. Kelly's camp to TMZ, which I interpreted as an attempt to defame Regina and George Daniels, my dad and stepmom, has made it necessary for me to respond to some of those accusations: I take full responsibility for my actions. My stepmother and father didn't know about my relationship with the singer because I knew and he knew that they wouldn't approve ... so I tried to keep it a secret, but when my stepmother found out about our relationship, she resigned because she felt that Rob had 'crossed the line' by dating a girl that he has known since she was 7 years old. My stepmom was not fired for incompetence. She was Rob's publicist for 14 years and always considered Rob not just a client ... but family. And Rob thought of my dad like a father.

"I am 21, smart and will be graduating from college this year, but I admit that I was swept up by his charming and generous ways, which I truly regret and have learned from. My brief relationship with Kelly last year ended because my parents were starting to hear rumors that we were together, and I was beginning to feel like it wasn't a healthy situation, especially with the pain it was causing me and my family," Maxine said. "I felt that it just wasn't right. Also, in reference to my birthday party, which was held last spring, Regina did not push Rob to host the party. We both asked him ... and he readily agreed."

"In regards to the cell phone number, Regina didn't give me Rob's number and she didn't ask me not to tell my dad. Rob personally slipped me his number at another event and that is how we started talking. The Internet has been rampant with all sorts of rumors for months now and hopefully this will clear things up. I admit I made a mistake and I know I am not the first young adult to make a serious misjudgment."

In a Sun-Times report on Monday, a Kelly camp insider said: Regina Daniels has been seeking "a healthy six-figure settlement from Kelly to go away quietly." Regina's response to that: "It sounds good, but it NEVER happened. I never contacted R. Kelly or attempted to contact R. Kelly or anyone in his camp regarding any money or any financial settlement or severance."

http://www.suntimes.com/news/foster/800858,CST-NWS-stella19.article

Last edited:
I knew somebody who cheated on his wife with a much younger woman. Should I start a thread about that too? Would anyone be interested in talking about that? And if not, then why? Because the dude didn't write I Believe I Can Fly ;)?

I must also add that i hope she is worth it to him cause after this his career is over.

Last edited:
i will always support R.Kelly musically and he is a human being and folks need to chill. what is up with the subject title? the mess that is R.kelly? talk about loaded and one sided??

anyway as for the Isley Brothers if you pay attention to there last album you will see that Jay Z and ty ty the cat that sprayed R.kelly in the eyes was the excutive producer on the Project and Kellz only got to submitt one track for usuage,but Ron's wife Kandy says everything is cool.

one thing about R.kelly never count him out. all i gotta say is who else from the new jack swing era do people still talk about besides R Kelly? I rest my case.

when the money stops, people talk. hella shady of her to come out now and do this. r(ah) gon' be fine w/o her working for him and this latest scandal hasn't even made a blip in his career radar.

and yes miss chi town...james woods just plain ass nasty. but it's a total double standard when whites do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't agree, and even if that were true, then it says more about the person who we call R Kelly than anything.

Further, I don't see this Daniel's girl as a victim anymore than I see Andrea Kelly as one. They BOTH are grown women, if you want to go down that route.

The interesting thing here is that up until he found out about his daughter's relationship, George Daniels defended Kelly to the nines. This is not about an age issue. This is about a trust issue.

they knew. george is lying. if you could see those pics of maxine at her b-day party grinding all over Roberts penis with her dad right there grinning the entire time, you would think why didnt he stop that. she was all over robert the entire time while daddy was in every pic with them. what happened is robert quit supporting them and now they wanna go public with it. george and regina pimped her for money. and have the nerve to bring up that robert knew her since she was 7. well why didnt george mention that his daughter also knew robert's wife personally, so you think that would of made her say NO, to screwing robert. so they are equally trifling.

Back