The Michael Jackson Chart Watch

King Of Pop On Spotify

@MJJSpotify2015
Ā·
57m

BILLBOARD UPDATE! Thriller selling like crazy! #MichaelJackson #KingOfPop "Thriller" is #6 on the top 25 Vinyl Charts week of Nov 25, 2023

King Of Pop On Spotify

@MJJSpotify2015
Ā·
1h

Let me say this again for all them haters who say "Nobody Listenes To Michael Jackson Anymore " in 2023 this year "Thriller " album doubled in sales and lands #59 on Billboard's Year-End 200 charts, last year it was #94! #MichaelJackson #KingOfPop

Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' Spends 600 Weeks On Album Chart​

Late October and early November are usually the busiest time of the year for Michael Jackson these days. The late superstar's single ā€œThriller" returns to prominence, as it's one of the biggest hits associated with Halloween. Now, following that tune's descent as the world moves from one holiday to another, the singer is still doing incredible things on the Billboard charts.

This week, Jackson's most successful album makes it to 600 weeks on the ranking of the most-consumed full-lengths in the U.S ā€” the Billboard 200.

Thriller is now just the tenth album in U.S. history to reach 600 weeks spent on the Billboard 200. The most recent title to reach that mark before Jackson's blockbuster was Nirvana's Nevermind, which is now nearly a year on from that success. Currently, the record for the longest-charting title ever on the Billboard 200 still belongs to Pink Floyd's The Dark Side of the Moon, with more than 980 frames spent on the list.

Thriller might have just enjoyed its annual boom in popularity, but that doesn't mean people are done streaming and buying the set just because Halloween has come and gone once again. The set rises from No. 105 to No. 63 on this weekā€™s Billboard 200. According to Luminate, the title moved just over 14,900 equivalent units in the U.S. last frame.
The title sold so well, it also soars on the similar Top Album Sales chart. More than 8,200 of those nearly 15,000 equivalent units moved are pure purchases. That's enough to make Thriller the No. 20 bestselling release in Americaā€”an incredible position to be in for a set so old.

Itā€™s kind of weird, imagine youā€™re a music fan in general of about 50 years old and you check out Michaelā€™s most streamed tunes, almost nobody would recognize Chicago. They would then try to find itls chart positions only to find it never charted anywhere, yet there it is among all his classic tunes.

Itā€™s kind of weird, imagine youā€™re a music fan in general of about 50 years old and you check out Michaelā€™s most streamed tunes, almost nobody would recognize Chicago. They would then try to find itls chart positions only to find it never charted anywhere, yet there it is among all his classic tunes.
It's cause it was a mistake for it to not be the lead single for Xscape. Or at least, a calculated choice that could've worked out better than Love Never Felt So Good, which did pretty excellently for what it was.

I doubt Chicago could have done better than LNFSG - it has Justin Timberlake and he was in the video. It was simply easier to promote and the songs was a happy good summer-vibe dance track. Great actually.

I do like Chicago - but I am not the biggest fan of the duck-sounds. - There is a leaked version I prefer. - Still MJ's vocals are amazing. And great song.

I doubt Chicago could have done better than LNFSG - it has Justin Timberlake and he was in the video. It was simply easier to promote and the songs was a happy good summer-vibe dance track. Great actually.

I do like Chicago - but I am not the biggest fan of the duck-sounds. - There is a leaked version I prefer. - Still MJ's vocals are amazing. And great song.
It already has done better though. If it was a single, it'd probably be a Top 5, at least.

LNFSG did well but I expected a lot more. I think there was a low key front against it either from our or Justinā€™s fanbase. I say this because JTā€™s follow up ā€œcanā€™t stop the feelingā€ did become a worldwide nr 1 hit while LNFSG ended up ā€œjustā€ a top 10 single.

Perhaps the story would have been different if this song was released on ā€œMichaelā€

LNFSG did well but I expected a lot more. I think there was a low key front against it either from our or Justinā€™s fanbase. I say this because JTā€™s follow up ā€œcanā€™t stop the feelingā€ did become a worldwide nr 1 hit while LNFSG ended up ā€œjustā€ a top 10 single.

Perhaps the story would have been different if this song was released on ā€œMichaelā€
The Black Keys made their fans boycott against this record.

Yes, I also remember the complaining on this forum why the Estate choose such a shallow song.

Back