The Michael Jackson Chart Watch

Kate Bush is gaining so fast on Billie Jean, it is unreal how big this song became because of a tv series.

I’m a bit confused why thriller is so far away from that billion, one reason is that it has 2 very good streaming versions, in reality it is close to 700 million but that is still a long way from that magical billion mark.

Kate Bush is gaining so fast on Billie Jean, it is unreal how big this song became because of a tv series.

I’m a bit confused why thriller is so far away from that billion, one reason is that it has 2 very good streaming versions, in reality it is close to 700 million but that is still a long way from that magical billion mark.
Because the video is a must watch. Rarely just the song, unless it's October.

Hmm Queen doesn’t drop despite the festive period. They’re still top 40. So why does Michael drop this hard?
Elvis is nr 67. I didn’t realize he was this popular again

edit: I see Elvis has tons of Christmas songs so that explains a lot
edit2: the Jackson 5 even pop up at nr 175 due to the Christmas album
edit3: madonna at nr 77 gaining streams big time

Last edited:
Hmm Queen doesn’t drop despite the festive period. They’re still top 40. So why does Michael drop this hard?
Elvis is nr 67. I didn’t realize he was this popular again

You are right with Queen. They are really phenomal in streaming.
Elvis Top Ten is full with Christmas-song. So he has a big rise in the Christmas-Time, also the Jackson 5 have.

edit2: the Jackson 5 even pop up at nr 175 due to the Christmas album
edit3: madonna at nr 77 gaining streams big time
Serious question: How many artists were in Top 100 on the Christmas-days and around the time on Spotify which have no Christmas-song in their catalog? Madonna has also one on in her current Top Ten. Even MacCartney managend to go to number 94 on the second christmas-day with his current Number One song.

Serious question: How many artists were in Top 100 on the Christmas-days and around the time on Spotify which have no Christmas-song in their catalog? Madonna has also one on in her current Top Ten. Even MacCartney managend to go to number 94 on the second christmas-day with his current Number One song.
I don’t know. I randomly checked some famous older artists and it seems everybody appeared due to a Christmas song in their discography. Mariah Carey was as high as the nr 5 most popular artist and Wham was nr 18, people are streaming these Christmas songs as if their lives depend on it lol.

To my knowledge there isn’t an available chart to check all this so I manually check the artists, I’m curious if most of them just drop out again by next week.

I don’t know. I randomly checked some famous older artists and it seems everybody appeared due to a Christmas song in their discography. Mariah Carey was as high as the nr 5 most popular artist and Wham was nr 18, people are streaming these Christmas songs as if their lives depend on it lol.

To my knowledge there isn’t an available chart to check all this so I manually check the artists, I’m curious if most of them just drop out again by next week.
Rolling Stones for example is nr 299 despite a new positively received album it isn't really translating in streaming numbers, only 1 song of their new album is currently in their top 10.

Michael currently sits at nr 99 (yesterday 100), Jackson 5 nr 150 (yesterday 155)
The Jacksons aren't appearing in the chart, nor is Prince for example.

I know Michael viewed the Jacksons and the Jackson 5 as different projects but I don't quite agree, I think. Spotify should add the two together.

Stevie Wonders has 4 Christmas songs in his top 10, festive tunes are in fact the top 3 at the moment.
The Jackson 5 have 6 Christmas songs in their top 10

In hindsight it is bad business that Michael never recorded a solo Christmas tune, a darn shame.

Last edited:
Back