The Michael Jackson Chart Watch

It’s going to take a while for the next song to break the 100 million barrier. From the top of my head the following ones are the closest but still far away:

Ben
Liberian Girl
Scream
Off The Wall
Shake Your Body ( 7 inch single)

All of those have about 70+ million streams as we speak bar OTW which is close at 90 million.

These could very well be the last 5 tracks to reach 100 million streams in our lifetime.

Last edited:

King Of Pop On Spotify

@MJJSpotify2015
·
18h

BREAKING! #MichaelJackson Michael outstreams #TheWeeknd after #Thriller40Doc explodes as well as his album sales but that's not all "Jackson 5 Christmas album aming for #23 on the Billboard R&B charts, Thriller and The Essential Michael Jackson are also expected to be there!

King Of Pop On Spotify

@MJJSpotify2015
·
22h

BREAKING! The Power Michael Jackson still has decades later is unmatched! #Thriller40 #MichaelJackson #KingOfPop ITUNES 40 US MUSIC VIDEOS CHARTS UPDATE DEC 4, 2023Beat It #6Thriller #12Billie Jean #13

This happens every Christmas season and then MJ peaks higher than he used to
Imagine if the estate posts the jackson 5 Christmas album on Michael's page instead of just on the Jacksons page
MJ would have been in the race now
Thanks for explaining that, Good to know.

They'll never do that though, not unless the industry starts changing to accept all group projects as solo projects. Which they won't. It'd be a nightmare.

The streams of the streaming parties like Ashley's streaming party on Renaissance is counting for the Jacksons and they are now almost 20M listeners

This happens every Christmas season and then MJ peaks higher than he used to
Imagine if the estate posts the jackson 5 Christmas album on Michael's page instead of just on the Jacksons page
MJ would have been in the race now
Or imagine taking a couple of hours and compiling an animated video from the j5 cartoon to go along with a Xmas track

That explains a lot
Right. This is why MJ goes so much higher in October. It actually gives us an interesting insight into general public vs regular listeners. MJ being top 100 year round, which he always is, is incredible. It's always a bummer to see his number drop but it doesn't meant anything either.

I do wonder where Mariah was prior to Christmas. I haven't looked into it. Often I'm surprised by how few massively famous (and often living) artists don't crack the top 50 or 100

Back