The Michael Jackson Chart Watch

Next Michael song to reach 100 million streams on spotify will be Chicago. It has currently just over 93 million streams and gets about 400k - 500k streams on average per day, so should reach the 100m mark in the next two months.

There are some 'big' MJ songs that are yet to reach 100m streams.

- The Girl Is Mine - 90,505,630 current streams
- Another Part of Me - 38,867,109
- Scream - 68,408,618
- Stranger In Moscow - 39,271,972
- Jam - 47,754,348
- In The Closet - 35,909,367
- Who Is It - 39,959,657
- Will You Be There - 58,788,321
- Dangerous - 44,427,385
- Off The Wall - 75,656,023
- She's Out Of My Life - 45,150,605
- Working Day and Night - 44,464,285

I would have preferred if any of the aforementioned songs blew up on tiktok, instead of Chicago.

I’m happy about it, nobody could have guessed this half a year ago.
I still expect earth song to go viral one day with all the climate trouble, that‘s not on 100 million either.
The way things stand now it will be a long time for another song to hit that number after TGIM reaches this milestone.

But on the other hand this year beat it might join the billion club! I want you back is the next in line after Beat it

Next Michael song to reach 100 million streams on spotify will be Chicago. It has currently just over 93 million streams and gets about 400k - 500k streams on average per day, so should reach the 100m mark in the next two months.

There are some 'big' MJ songs that are yet to reach 100m streams.

- The Girl Is Mine - 90,505,630 current streams
- Another Part of Me - 38,867,109
- Scream - 68,408,618
- Stranger In Moscow - 39,271,972
- Jam - 47,754,348
- In The Closet - 35,909,367
- Who Is It - 39,959,657
- Will You Be There - 58,788,321
- Dangerous - 44,427,385
- Off The Wall - 75,656,023
- She's Out Of My Life - 45,150,605
- Working Day and Night - 44,464,285

I would have preferred if any of the aforementioned songs blew up on tiktok, instead of Chicago.
The fact that I alone didn't push Another Part of Me or Who Is It over the 100million mark last year makes me feel like a true failure of a fan. I must do better this year.

I’m happy about it, nobody could have guessed this half a year ago.
I still expect earth song to go viral one day with all the climate trouble, that‘s not on 100 million either.
The way things stand now it will be a long time for another song to hit that number after TGIM reaches this milestone.

But on the other hand this year beat it might join the billion club! I want you back is the next in line after Beat it
Earth Song is on 100 million mark. It has two different versions. If you add both of them, it is over 100 million mark.

Now I’m waiting for someone to come up with a list of artists with most 100 million streamed tracks. MJ with 24 should be pretty high especially against his peers of the good old days.

Chartmaster also offers this and they update this regularly. They should also make a column with 500M streams because the gap is really big from numbers like 100M and reaching 1 billion.

What we also have to keep in mind about streaming is that Michael has better results in comparison to other artists on YouTube. Here he really is the greatest legacy artist even comparing with bands like Beatles and Queen and many actual western artists (youtoube is dominated from Indian-artists). I recommend reading the article here. The 2019 analysis of Michaels YouTube streams really shows how uniquely global Michael really is.

MICHAEL JACKSON Charts & Sales
@Pierpinto
·
6. Jan.

US Sales THRILLER pure copies sold over the last 6 weeks of 2022,
since the release of the 40th anniversary ed. on 18th Nov.
TOT 108,500 All editions combined. That's like selling over 1 M copies back in the late 2000s.

THRILLER spends another week at #1.
GREECE Week 52

TOP 75 ALBUMS Thriller #1 (=) 71 wks , peak #1 (2 wks)

PORTUGAL Week 52
TOP 50 ALBUMS

Thriller 40th #4 (+7)
4 wks, peak #10 ; 12-11-17-10-11-4-

AUSTRALIA
TOP 100 ALBUMS Thriller

#36 (+16)
TOP 50 CATALOGUE ALBUMS
Thriller #22 (+5) TOP
100 SINGLES
Santa Claus Is Coming...#32 (+48)

all info from
MICHAEL JACKSON Charts & Sales
@Pierpinto

Last edited:
@Annita I checked your link. Queen is slightly ahead in terms of 100 million songs with 25. MJ stands at 23 but in reality it is 24 as Earth song has 2 different high streaming versions. Further up we have the beatles with 40 songs. That is pretty much it for artists that started out in the 60s and 70s. So he is doing really fine.

Overall he should be at nr 73 when it comes to artists with most 100million + songs.

Yes, without a doubt, these are good results for Michael, especially considering the negative circumstances of the last few years and considering in some people and media-agendas he should have been canceld, but Queen is really huge on Spotify with 4 billion hits, I think 2 of them even over 2 billion. Has anyone tracked how big the streaming push was after the Bohemian biopic, but it must have been really huge I think.

@Annita

I forgot to say that of course with the J5 added Michael has 7 more 100 million plus songs. Can you feel it stands at 96 million with 2 versions combined, shake your body is in the 80 million region. So in a few years time these will be added to the 100 million club.
Say Say Say is also in 80 million region. So there are good things to come. I just wish they were all added together.

What does "pure" sales mean in the USA sales. How many total copies has it sold? Like if you include streaming.

Yes, without a doubt, these are good results for Michael, especially considering the negative circumstances of the last few years and considering in some people and media-agendas he should have been canceld, but Queen is really huge on Spotify with 4 billion hits, I think 2 of them even over 2 billion. Has anyone tracked how big the streaming push was after the Bohemian biopic, but it must have been really huge I think.

The Queen biopic was responsible for a huge sales push for the band as well as streaming. It went on for a solid year. MJ's biopic will do even more for him get ready.

The Queen biopic was responsible for a huge sales push for the band as well as streaming. It went on for a solid year. MJ's biopic will do even more for him get ready.
I hope so. One final push into the limelight, people talking about him, the film, the music. We just have to ignore the inevitable hate reactions that come with it. I’m so curious to see how this whole project turns out. If a surge in sales or streams happens I hope that it will be the forgotten songs that get the attention. People saying “hey this give in to me song is actually good I never heard it before”! I really dread them going for all the classic hits yet again, they will get a push either way.
I have a feeling they will have a an unheard song as part of the soundtrack.

@AkhilJaxxn . 3h

According to the Brazilian charts Michael Jackson sold more than 2.8M records in Brazil from 2003 to 2017. While
@ColumbiaRecords certified around 2M units of both Adele & Beyonce last week @sonymusicbrasil has yet to certify MJ.
@sonymusic
@Epic_Records
@tajjackson3

FmIUpohagAEWAK-

Last edited:
Back