The Michael Jackson Chart Watch

USA BILLBOARD 200 [week of May 5th 2018]

132. The Essential Michael Jackson (224th week on the charts!!)
162. Thriller (331st week on the charts!!)

UK OFFICIAL ALBUMS CHART TOP 100 [week of May 4th 2018]

64. Number Ones (343rd week on the charts!!)

USA BILLBOARD 200 [week of May 12th 2018]

116. The Essential Michael Jackson (225th week on the charts!!)
157. Thriller (332nd week on the charts!!)

UK OFFICIAL ALBUMS CHART TOP 100 [week of May 11th 2018]

59. Number Ones (344th week on the charts!!)

All albums have gone up in the charts! This must've been a good sales week.

The Best of Internet‏ @TheBestofMJJ · 6 Std.Vor 6 Stunden

US Weekly Album Sales

#47 Number Ones - Michael Jackson
#86 Thriller

US Weekly Catalog Allbum (Sales+Streaming)

#2 Number Ones

US Weekly Catalog Allbum Sales

#2 Number Ones
#17 Thriller

US Weekly Vinyl Albums

#13 Thriller

Annita;4222328 said:
The Best of Internet‏ @TheBestofMJJ · 6 Std.Vor 6 Stunden

US Weekly Album Sales

#47 Number Ones - Michael Jackson
#86 Thriller

US Weekly Catalog Allbum (Sales+Streaming)

#2 Number Ones

US Weekly Catalog Allbum Sales

#2 Number Ones
#17 Thriller

US Weekly Vinyl Albums

#13 Thriller

Looks as though the ABC documentary and Wade Robson's Inside Edition interview did not dampen anyone's enthusiasm for Michael's music.

Keep on keeping on, MJ!

MJ VEVO News‏ @MJVEVONews · 16 Std.Vor 16 Stunden
NEWS:
Michael Jackson's 'Smooth Criminal' just surpassed 1 MILLION likes!
-It's the 8th MJ video to do so.
#MichaelJackson

http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=213343

Drake ft. Michael Jackson is predicted for number one in the UK.

kworb.net/itunes/artist/michaeljackson.html

Also charting well in other major markets such as USA and Canada. If this hits number one, it will be the first posthumous sing release since 2007 to hit number one. I'm not 100% sure, but it would be Michael's first number one since BotD.

Additionally, Drake is having the Ed Sheeran effect where he is taking up the entire iTunes chart. I have looked at the streaming statistics and have compared. This could be on track to being the most streamed song of the year. However, there is a lack of radio airplay in the UK and a lack of a music video.

Hopefully fellow members from other countries will post their chart updates.

There have only ever been 31 singles that have debuted at number one in the USA. Drake has had the last two with God's Plan and Nice for What. Justin Bieber's Sorry and Love Yourself, which were huge hits in 2015-16, didn't debut at number one. This likely, will be the most streamed posthumous release ever.

Even better, Michael was the 9th most streamed artist on Spotify yesterday.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/vari...ifys-one-day-streaming-record-1202862742/amp/

Last edited:
http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=213343

Drake ft. Michael Jackson is predicted for number one in the UK.

kworb.net/itunes/artist/michaeljackson.html

Also charting well in other major markets such as USA and Canada. If this hits number one, it will be the first posthumous sing release since 2007 to hit number one. I'm not 100% sure, but it would be Michael's first number one since BotD.

Additionally, Drake is having the Ed Sheeran effect where he is taking up the entire iTunes chart. I have looked at the streaming statistics and have compared. This could be on track to being the most streamed song of the year. However, there is a lack of radio airplay in the UK and a lack of a music video.

Hopefully fellow members from other countries will post their chart updates.

There have only ever been 31 singles that have debuted at number one in the USA. Drake has had the last two with God's Plan and Nice for What. Justin Bieber's Sorry and Love Yourself, which were huge hits in 2015-16, didn't debut at number one. This likely, will be the most streamed posthumous release ever.

Even better, Michael was the 9th most streamed artist on Spotify yesterday.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/vari...ifys-one-day-streaming-record-1202862742/amp/

I thought LNFSG hit #1.

The duet version of "Love Never Felt So Good" charted within the top ten in eighteen international charts, reaching the top spot in at least five countries. Michael Jackson became the first artist in history to have a top 10 single on the US Billboard Hot 100 in five different decades when "Love Never Felt So Good" reached number 9 on May 31, 2014 (six decades if his Jackson 5 tenure is included). It spent eight weeks on top of the US Adult R&B Songs. The song also charted at number 8 on the UK Singles Chart.

Peak position #1 - Belgium Urban, Denmark, Germany, Israel, South Africa, South Korea, USA Adult R & B.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Never_Felt_So_Good

The Best of Internet‏ @TheBestofMJJ · 3 Std.Vor 3 Stunden

Don't Matter To Me - Drake with Michael Jackson

Spotify:

#1 United Kingdom
#1 Lithuania
#1 Slovakia
#1 Sweden
#1 Switzerland
#1 Taiwan
#2 Worldwide
#2 USA
#2 Canada
#2 Czech Republic
#2 Denmark
#2 Estonia
#2 Greece
#2 Hong Kong
#2 Hungary
#2 Iceland
#2 Ireland
#2 Portugal

The Best of Internet‏ @TheBestofMJJ · 3 Std.Vor 3 Stunden

 Don't Matter To Me - Drake with Michael Jackson

iTunes:

#1 Namibia
#1 Saudi Arabia
#1 United Arab Emirates
#3 United States
#3 Argentina
#3 Belize
#3 Portugal
#5 Brazil
#6 Chile
#7 Canada

UK MIDWEEK Chart

#3 - Don't Matter To Me- Drake with Michael Jackson

The Best of Internet‏ @TheBestofMJJ · 2 Std.vor 2 Stunden
Amazon USA:

#8 Don't Matter To Me - Drake with Michael Jackson

If Don't Matter To Me hits top 10 in the UK, it would be MJ's 44th top 10 hit in the UK. That is fourteen more top ten hits than MJ has in US, his home country. UK fans love MJ and always will.

2018’s Mid-Year Top 10 Selling Vinyl Albums

1. Jack White, Boarding House Reach (37,000)
2. Kendrick Lamar, DAMN. (30,000)
3. Soundtrack, Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Mix Vol. 1 (28,000)
4. Michael Jackson, Thriller (28,000)
5. Fleetwood Mac, Rumours (28,000)
6. Panic! at the Disco, Pray for the Wicked (26,000)
7. Justin Timberlake, Man of the Woods (26,000)
8. Prince and the Revolution, Purple Rain (Soundtrack) (25,000)
9. Amy Winehouse, Back to Black (25,000)
10. The Beatles, Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (23,000)

Source: Nielsen Music, for the tracking period of Dec. 29, 2017 to June 28, 2018.

This story first appeared on Billboard.com.

U.S. Vinyl Album Sales Grow, Led by Jack White

Don't Matter To Me:

Sweden- 1 :love:
UK- 2
Australia- 3- First top 10 Australian hit since 2008's Wanna Be Startin Somethin 2008. Weird.

Number Ones:

UK- 60(59) 352 wks.

Last edited:
Don't Matter To Me:

Sweden- 1 :love:
UK- 2
Australia- 3- First top 10 Australian hit since 2008's Wanna Be Startin Somethin. 2008. Weird.

Number Ones:

UK- 60(59) 352 wks.

Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008 was a single release, off the Thriller 25 album.

Here's a little more about the chart success of this song in 2008.

"The Girl Is Mine 2008" and "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008" were the first singles taken from the Thriller 25 album. "The Girl Is Mine 2008" reached number two in Japan, three in Mexico, six in the Netherlands and the top twenty positions in the major European markets. "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008" reached number three in Sweden, four in New Zealand, eight in Australia, ten in France and thirty-two in Canada.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thriller_25

Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008 was a single release, off the Thriller 25 album.

Here's a little more about the chart success of this song in 2008.

"The Girl Is Mine 2008" and "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008" were the first singles taken from the Thriller 25 album. "The Girl Is Mine 2008" reached number two in Japan, three in Mexico, six in the Netherlands and the top twenty positions in the major European markets. "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008" reached number three in Sweden, four in New Zealand, eight in Australia, ten in France and thirty-two in Canada.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thriller_25

Thank you. I didn't know The Girl Is Mine 2008 & WBSS 2008 were released as singles. They did pretty well for remixes. I wish Michael had used the success of Thriller 25 as motivation to release a new album at the end of 2008.

The Essential Michael Jackson reaches top 40 for the first time on Billboard 200, on this week's chart. It's charting at #38. Honestly that's made me way more happy than Don't Matter To Me reaching the top 10.

Last edited:
Nite Line;4225852 said:
The Essential Michael Jackson reaches top 40 for the first time on Billboard 200, on this week's chart. It's charting at #38. Honestly that's made me way more happy than Don't Matter To Me reaching the top 10.

I’m happy for both milestones. Both benefit Michael’s legacy. Don’t Matter To Me is his 30th Top Ten.

Agree. Shows that more people are getting exposed to some of Michael's best work.

MJ VEVO News @MJVEVONews

NEWS:
Michael Jackson's Thriller album just surpassed 1 BILLION streams on Spotify!#MichaelJackson

13:10 - 12. Juli 2018

MJ VEVO News @MJVEVONews

NEWS:
Michael Jackson's Bad album just surpassed 600 MILLION streams on Spotify!#MichaelJackson

Don't Matter To Me drops to #21 on the US charts. Not a surprise as it isn't a single there. However, in the UK, where I think it's a single, DMTM is doing really well. It's currently #4 on the UK midweek chart after Tuesday's update. When this weeks final charts are published on Friday, I assume it will spend a third week in the top 5 here in the UK, which is great.

On this week's edition of Billboard 200, Essential Michael Jackson is at #37, which is its peak position. It peaked at #38 last week and it peaked again this week. The new Billboard rule seems to be helping many catalog albums, including the Essential. I hope it eventually reaches top 30 soon.

The track appears to have been promoted as a single in the UK, at least at one time, but radio play now seems surprisingly low so perhaps it has also been cancelled as a single here.

For example, ukairplaychart.com shows that is was the #28 most played track from 6th to 12th July, but it doesn't appear at all in the 7 day rolling chart. That also confirms my thoughts. When it first dropped I heard it quite a bit on radio but I haven't heard it at all in days.

To be honest I'm not that bothered. It was a nice enough track and it would have been nice if it was a big hit, but it doesn't really suit this time of year anyway so I didn't fancy its chances. We're in the middle of a heatwave, but in any case the track is not a summer song. It's too melancholy.

Last edited:
Don't Matter To Me drops to #21 on the US charts. Not a surprise as it isn't a single there. However, in the UK, where I think it's a single, DMTM is doing really well. It's currently #4 on the UK midweek chart after Tuesday's update. When this weeks final charts are published on Friday, I assume it will spend a third week in the top 5 here in the UK, which is great.

On this week's edition of Billboard 200, Essential Michael Jackson is at #37, which is its peak position. It peaked at #38 last week and it peaked again this week. The new Billboard rule seems to be helping many catalog albums, including the Essential. I hope it eventually reaches top 30 soon.

Its ridiculous how in the summer of 2009, MJ's NUMBER ONES album was the best selling album in the US for 6 weeks, yet officially the album never even went Top 10! What a joke.

Its ridiculous how in the summer of 2009, MJ's NUMBER ONES album was the best selling album in the US for 6 weeks, yet officially the album never even went Top 10! What a joke.

That's because of bull**** Billboard rule at that time, that prevented old albums from charting. They changed the rules at the end of 2009, after huge sales of Michael Jackson albums after his death. Both Number Ones and Essential Michael Jackson would have peaked at #1, if it weren't for that dumb Billboard rule. Billboard love to screw over Michael Jackson.

That's because of bull**** Billboard rule at that time, that prevented old albums from charting. They changed the rules at the end of 2009, after huge sales of Michael Jackson albums after his death. Both Number Ones and Essential Michael Jackson would have peaked at #1, if it weren't for that dumb Billboard rule. Billboard love to screw over Michael Jackson.

Yep a sad footnote in music history right there. Technically Michael Jackson has had EIGHT #1 Albums in the US

-Thriller
-Bad
-Dangerous
-History
-Invincible
-Number Ones
-Essential
-This Is It

But according to Billboard its only 6 #1 albums. I never let them forget it, every article they write I always mention how they screwed him over and robbed him of two #1 albums in the summer of 2009. At one point MJ had 6/10 best selling albums in the country yet on the Billboard 200 he was nowhere to be found!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Essential Michael Jackson, released in 2005, has raised to No. 33 on the Billboard 200 Chart and is now at No. 1 on the Billboard Catalog Chart <a href="https://t.co/cTnW2iZCJJ">pic.twitter.com/cTnW2iZCJJ</a></p>&mdash; MJFacts (@MJFacts1) <a href="https://twitter.com/MJFacts1/status/1022120056904404993?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">25. Juli 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MJ VEVO News&#8207; @MJVEVONews · 10 Std.Vor 10 Stunden
NEWS:
Michael Jackson's 'Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough' just surpassed 100 MILLION plays on Spotify!
-It's the 8th MJ song to do so.
#MichaelJackson

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NEWS:<br>Michael Jackson&#39;s &#39;They Don&#39;t Care About Us&#39; just surpassed 3 MILLION likes!<br>-It&#39;s the 1st MJ video to do so.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MichaelJackson?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MichaelJackson</a> <a href="https://t.co/mdrFywSXoV">pic.twitter.com/mdrFywSXoV</a></p>&mdash; MJ VEVO News (@MJVEVONews) <a href="https://twitter.com/MJVEVONews/status/1025136760496562177?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">2 August 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

They Don't Care About Us really is the most popular MJ song on youtube right now. It is very close to 500m and it's accumulating views faster than Thriller, so it's only a matter of time before it catches up to Thriller. I believe TDCAU will be the first MJ video to reach 1B views.

chart data @chartdata

Michael Jackson's "They Don't Care About Us (Brazil Version)" has now surpassed 500 million views on YouTube.

20:00 - 7. Aug. 2018

Back