The Michael Jackson Chart Watch

[ ... ]
"Who keeps buying "Invincible? "Invincible has moved UP a total of 12 spots since it entered the Apple US 200 Pop Albums Charts last night entered at #92 currently stands at #80. PRETTY insane"
More Invincible news!

"2 songs from Invincible are going viral on TikTok rn & they’re both earning over 100k streams on Spotify
You Rock My World - 108,001
Heaven Can Wait - 102,891"

You gotta keep in mind, this is all in the second seeming black wave of MJ. The allegations will not stop him. He beat the allegations(!)

Pre biopic, in this new era, this success is unparalleled. After the biopic, who even knows what they can do.

When I used to visit this thread, around 2015 or so, I always thought this thread was chasing the ghost. MJ was what I took for just a high and a wave that might pass or be overlooked by the youth for new tastes. And yet here we are, almost 10 and a half years later, still seeing a huge resurgence, possibly in the calm before the storm, no less. Absolutely staggering.
MJ’s recent chart success is the best since 2009.

When MJ died, his music became extremely popular and he was a weekly presence on the charts for a good few years after his death.

But the middle part of the previous decade didn’t yield a lot of chart success. Xscape was a success in the short run, but didn’t have any staying power and it didn’t help to make MJ a regular feature on the charts.

But around 2017-18, Michael’s albums started to feature more regularly on the music charts. Leaving Neverland might have had an impact on the sales in the short run, but didn’t seem to do any long term damage. And in 2023, it seems the Michael’s music is becoming more popular, especially amongst the youngsters. And I can only imagine the positive impact the biopic will have on his music. Next 2-3 years could be great for Michael’s legacy. I just pray for no Leaving Neverland part 2.

Official sales numbers from Sony Music Entertainment, a timeline this excludes Jackson 5 sales
MJ’s recent chart success is the best since 2009.

When MJ died, his music became extremely popular and he was a weekly presence on the charts for a good few years after his death.

But the middle part of the previous decade didn’t yield a lot of chart success. Xscape was a success in the short run, but didn’t have any staying power and it didn’t help to make MJ a regular feature on the charts.

But around 2017-18, Michael’s albums started to feature more regularly on the music charts. Leaving Neverland might have had an impact on the sales in the short run, but didn’t seem to do any long term damage. And in 2023, it seems the Michael’s music is becoming more popular, especially amongst the youngsters. And I can only imagine the positive impact the biopic will have on his music. Next 2-3 years could be great for Michael’s legacy. I just pray for no Leaving Neverland part 2.
In 1989 - Michael Jackson sold 125 million records which is listed in the Guinness Book of World Records as a single year record for sales
1991-01 - wholesold 117 million albums (Dangerous [1991]: 30m, HIStory Begins [1995; part of boxed set]: 20m, HIStory Continues [1995; part of boxed set]: 20m, BOTDF/HITM [1997]: 7m, Invincible [2001]: 10m, 30m of all older SME/Epic solo albums) as well as 30 million singles sold (147 million records total)
2000-02 - Michael is named the best selling artist of all time at the World Music Award by the royal highness of Monaco, he already received the award in 1996 however. The founder and show runner of the American Music Awards named Michael the best selling artist of all time in 2002
2006 - Guinness names Michael the most famous person on earth as well as sales of 100 million for Thriller and 750 million worldwide, which was 150 million more than Apple Corps LTD (Company that oversees the Beatles finances and sales) said for The Beatles in 2008.
2014 - Sony releases a press release statement saying Michael had now sold 1 billion records worldwide, meaning he sold 400 million from 2009-2014 alone.
2019-22 - Sony releases a press release stating the Beatles had sold 800 million records worldwide (200 million since 2008), in 2022 during Thriller's 40th announcement his sales were listed at over 1 billion

Does anyone have any videos of these tik tok things that keep putting MIchael in the charts?

So I searched to see what these strange youngin's are doing and it seems the fascination is around the word "No" and theyre incorporating it into different situations. I am not sure who started it and why. I don't "get it". But as TDCAU has proven, there is more than enough quality MJ material that at any time some unsung song can go viral and looks like that's what is happening with Heaven Can Wait and I am here for it.

@kxthrills

"Michael Jackson’s most streamed songs on Spotify (Monthly):
Billie Jean: 26,166,616
Beat It: 18,211,242
Smooth Criminal: 11,392,022
Chicago: 9,911,707 Rock with You: 9,029,858
Thriller: 7,326,260
*Total monthly streams: 207,919,339"

1 June 2023

Last edited:
Anyone else curious about I want you back’s streaming numbers weekly or monthly?
For a while it was the 60’s most streamed song together with CCR’s fantastic “bad moon rising”. I think it has slowed down a bit but it should still be a top 10 streaming track for 60s songs.
I can’t wait for it to get to 1 billion streams.

So if anyone have more info, post it, please 🙏

Anyone else curious about I want you back’s streaming numbers weekly or monthly?
For a while it was the 60’s most streamed song together with CCR’s fantastic “bad moon rising”. I think it has slowed down a bit but it should still be a top 10 streaming track for 60s songs.
I can’t wait for it to get to 1 billion streams.

So if anyone have more info, post it, please 🙏
iwyb 750M :450,000-500,000 AD

Billie Jean has now surpassed 1,4 billion on spotify

Will you be there has now surpassed 100 Mio. on youtoube

next videos wil be:

Speed Demon 96 Mio.
Say, Say, Say 95 Mio.
Smooth Criminal, short vision 92 Mio.
You rock my world, short version, 90 Mio.

kx
@kxthrills

Michael Jackson has now surpassed 28 million subscribers on YouTube. The legacy artist with the most subscribers.
Tweet übersetzen
Bild
It always makes me mad that people try and slander Michael for using playback, when we have actual audio of him perfectly singing every one of his songs live as if he isn't more than capable of doing it. Just trying to dismiss the fact that he had lupus and other crippling health problems that rendered him in a extremely unhealthy condition towards the mid 90s and early 00s

It always makes me mad that people try and slander Michael for using playback, when we have actual audio of him perfectly singing every one of his songs live as if he isn't more than capable of doing it. Just trying to dismiss the fact that he had lupus and other crippling health problems that rendered him in a extremely unhealthy condition towards the mid 90s and early 00s
Wrong thread?

Back