The Michael Jackson Musical: 'MJ'

FFyCIHQXEAcwz4q
FFyEZveX0AklH6c
"Money"?!
It's great to see some appreciation of this deep cut (big fan of the HIStory songs right here haha)

Michael Jackson has created so many, many, many, songs. I'm trying not to complain; yet, because one
of my favorite songs may have been not included in MJ the Musical. But, it is going to be so hard not to do so. 🤐
It just means there will have to be a MJ the Musical Part 2. 😉🤗

In my opinion it is weird that the show takes place in 1992 but MJ is rehearsing songs released in 1995 like Money, Stranger In Moscow and They Don't Care About Us. Why they didn't just place to show during the HIStory World Tour rehearsals instead??

In my opinion it is weird that the show takes place in 1992 but MJ is rehearsing songs released in 1995 like Money, Stranger In Moscow and They Don't Care About Us. Why they didn't just place to show during the HIStory World Tour rehearsals instead??

Yeah the continuity is... weird. But I guess this is supposed to be one of those shows where you don't care about that?

Glad to see reactions are positive so far. Does this mean the musical doesn't go into certain things we feared they would go into?

Broadway: “Wicked” Gets COVID, Cancels Performances,

“MJ Michael Jackson Musical” Gets 3 Standing Ovations 🤗

by Roger Friedman - December 5, 2021 1:23 pm

Meanwhile, good news from “MJ The Michael Jackson Musical.” The dress rehearsal Saturday night, I’m told, was such a success that there were THREE standing ovations during the show. First preview is this week, and the opening is in February. Everyone is hoping for a success here, and it’s looking good so far, I will try and sneak in this month and take an early look.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I’m just waking up from a Michael Jackson fever dream. OMG I JUST SAW <a href="https://twitter.com/MJtheMusical?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@MJtheMusical</a> dress rehearsal and it was INCREDIBLE!!! My mind was blown! Run and get a ticket. You won’t be able to get one when everyone finds out! <a href="https://t.co/gNRLAj2DX9">pic.twitter.com/gNRLAj2DX9</a></p>&mdash; Marisha Wallace (@marishawallace) <a href=" ">December 5, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:
Well, we don't know exactly how the songs are implemented into the narrative, maybe they are performed as part of Michael's inner monologue or something.

Well, the show is supposed to be set during the Dangerous Tour, and Michael did write Stranger In Moscow in the middle of that tour shortly after the '93 allegations first came up.

I have no idea if the show will actually mention the allegations or not, but it would make sense for Stranger In Moscow to be included into the plot in that way. Personally I hope they don't go there. The allegations don't need any more unnecessary attention from the general public than it already has.

Well, the show is supposed to be set during the Dangerous Tour, and Michael did write Stranger In Moscow in the middle of that tour shortly after the '93 allegations first came up.

I have no idea if the show will actually mention the allegations or not, but it would make sense for Stranger In Moscow to be included into the plot in that way. Personally I hope they don't go there. The allegations don't need any more unnecessary attention from the general public than it already has.
My mate told the musical wont go anywhere near the alleagations whatsoever

I was about to write this. - The show follows MJ's preparation for Dangerous tour??

Some of the songs on the posters are HIStory songs - that's a bit strange. BUT - great great songs and most people will never know.

I just hope the show gets great reviews and sells a lot of tickets and all who sees it has a great time - then the show is a success.

The plot takes place in 1992 (rehearsals for 1st leg) so Stranger In Moscow doesn't exist yet. And even if it is 1993, 2 Bad and Money don't exist until 1994/1995.

It was confirmed by the people who saw the dressed rehearsals that they do mention the allegations (briefly but they do). Which is weird because of the year.

chadkrausphoto

Theater Review: MJ The Musical. I began this journey over 2 years ago when I photographed workshops. Then Covid hit. Fast forward to June 2021 and rehearsals with Myles Frost (eldest Michael). Then to last night when I witnessed the full production at the final invited dress rehearsal.

In a single word: INCREDIBLE.

In some more words: Thrilling. Awesome. Spectacular. OMG.

Myles Frost makes his Broadway debut (in fact this is is very first professional theater debut of any kind) in a performance that will leave you breathless. To have personally witnessed his transformation in just 5 months is astonishing. The "young Michael" and "middle Michael" are fantastic. The ensemble is oozing with talent.

The amount of talent and energy from the entire cast that is on stage at the Neil Simon Theater is overflowing across the proscenium. The choreography and dancing is something truly special to behold.

At the same time, this piece explores the intense struggle and demons that MJ encountered in facing his childhood and his relationship with his abusive father. There is no doubt that the brutal emotional and physical abuse he faced was a major influence in his life and work. And that influence finds its way into an amazing melting of the past into MJ's vision of "Thriller." One could even interpret the monsters, demons, and ghouls in "Thriller" actually being Michael's father. Dramatic stuff that culminated in possibly the best number in the show.

The production's creative team of choreography, direction, lighting, sets and stage management all come together to form something truly special on the Broadway stage.

Something I have never witnessed at a Broadway show: at least 3 standing ovations mid-show. Each lasting 2 minutes or more. And then a solid 5 minutes of the entire audience up dancing and singing during the curtain call mash-up of MJ music.

1st preview goes up tomorrow night (Monday) and Opening Night is February 1st. Buy your tickets now! You won't be sorry. In fact, the only regret you would have would be to not see this fabulous production.

I haven’t posted here in years, but hi everyone! I just picked up the last available ticket for tonight‘s first performance at the box office (so I officially sold out the show lol). Excited to see and hear what’s in store!

I haven’t posted here in years, but hi everyone! I just picked up the last available ticket for tonight‘s first performance at the box office (so I officially sold out the show lol). Excited to see and hear what’s in store!
Please post your review here afterwards! And please explain us the timeline :) Thanks!

In line for the first preview! The line goes down 52nd from the theatre, around the corner down 9th, and around the corner again down 51st. Finally starting to move forward just as some rain is starting. The hype is real!

Back