The Michael Jackson Musical: 'MJ'

Are people excited for the MJ broadway album? Since it's not Michael singing it doesn't really excite me.
Good for them. Probably nothing I would purchase but think it’s great!

They’re performing “Smooth Criminal” at the Tonys tonight! They haven’t confirmed it, but they’re doing a lot of behind the scenes promo on their Instagram and I recognize the costumes.
oh! That's so exciting!! I've been trying to imagine which they might perform. I was hoping for the Thriller reprise or the Earth Song/They Don't Care About Us bit (though that would have been super bold lol)....very excited to hear it's Smooth Criminal though! Everyone loves Smooth Criminal :)

The Tonys pre-show ceremony is almost over, and MJ has already won three of its 10 nominations:

1. Best Choreography
2. Best Sound Design of a Musical
3. Best Lighting Design of a Musical

Fingers crossed that Myles brings home the coveted Best Actor!

Last edited:
paris-jackson-and-prince-jackson-speak-onstage-at-the-75th-annual-picture-id1402549520

antwayn-hopper-prince-jackson-myles-frost-and-paris-jackson-attend-picture-id1402541393

MYLES FROST WON BEST LEAD ACTOR IN A MUSICAL!!!!

I am SO BEYOND HAPPY!!!

His speech was beautiful! He started singing "Blame it on the Boogie" and he ended by saying "as Michael would say with love, with love, Heal the world" and it was everything. Oh, I'm crying.

Last edited:
Ladies and gentlemen, MYLES FROST WON THE TONY FOR BEST ACTOR.

CONGRATULATIONS, MYLES FROST!!!!😎🥰

75th Annual Tony Awards - Arrivals​

NEW YORK, NEW YORK - JUNE 12: Myles Frost and Paris Jackson embrace during the 75th Annual Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall on June 12, 2022 in New York City. (Photo by Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for Tony Awards Productions)

myles-frost-and-paris-jackson-embrace-during-the-75th-annual-tony-at-picture-id1402541368

Last edited:
I am so happy for Myles and the other winners. This musical is doing wonders for Michael’s legacy and I am SO GLAD that MJ Estate decided to do it. I believe in giving credit when credit is due. THE MJ MUSICAL WAS A GREAT IDEA! I am not afraid to admit or state that fact. Everything about this project has been professionally done, promoted and executed.👏👏👏👏

I couldn't get the hype of the musical until I saw these videos, they are great! It's a nice tribute to Michael and I can't wait to see more! Does anyone know if the musical is ever coming out on YT/Streaming/Blu-Ray and if so, at what date?

Another question, is there an amateur recording of Price Of Fame? It's the song I was most excited in hearing but it's unfortunately not coming out on the album...

I couldn't get the hype of the musical until I saw these videos, they are great! It's a nice tribute to Michael and I can't wait to see more! Does anyone know if the musical is ever coming out on YT/Streaming/Blu-Ray and if so, at what date?
This is the first time I am seeing real snippets of the musical, and I am blown away. He has done really good job. Feels like he would have poured our hours after hours of Michael's performances, and really internalised them. There were already a couple of moments that totally reminded me of Michael's actual performance. I still don't know if I can emotionally handle watching it though. Already wishing so much that Michael was somewhere in this world watching his legacy come to life like this :(

Another question, is there an amateur recording of Price Of Fame? It's the song I was most excited in hearing but it's unfortunately not coming out on the album...
So far as I know, there isn’t a full amateur recording yet (though I’m consistently on the lookout for one). I wouldn’t hold your breath with “Price of Fame” though; it’s maybe a minute long, and is one of the few inclusions I don’t think entirely works.

I also wouldn’t expect a full filmed version anytime soon. Broadway shows are notorious for milking shows until they’re dry before capturing them on film. I do suspect that they filmed the entire thing already though, in order to preserve Myles as MJ, hence why we’ve gotten two full songs.

Back