The Michael Jackson Musical: 'MJ'

FVzY-0XUYAAxd9V

SIEDAHGARRETT
Finally made it to #Broadway to experience @MJtheMusical w/ my “ManInTheMirror” co-writer @GlenBallard
, and to congratulate it’s star @MylesFrost5 on his Tony Award for his amazing portrayal of Michael Jackson! #MJ would’ve LOVED this!

FW7n0EtWYAEAA_A

#MJtheMusical's @mylesfrost5 and @official_tWitch joined forces on the @todayshow
w/ @hodakotb
for an unforgettable dance-off!

I’m a bit disappointed with the Broadway cast recording, to be truthful. Normally soundtracks of this nature include bits of dialogue so the listener can get a clearer idea of what’s taking place onstage, but this album is constructed more like a traditional pop album, so there isn’t any context as to why certain songs are being sung. Plus, some of my favorite bits (the reporter questions in “They Don’t Care About Us,” the full dance break in “Thriller,” the overlapping voices in “Bad/2 Bad”) were cut.

It still sounds immaculate, and I understand that cuts are necessary for time, but I really hope they release an extended edition at some point.

I’m a bit disappointed with the Broadway cast recording, to be truthful. Normally soundtracks of this nature include bits of dialogue so the listener can get a clearer idea of what’s taking place onstage, but this album is constructed more like a traditional pop album, so there isn’t any context as to why certain songs are being sung. Plus, some of my favorite bits (the reporter questions in “They Don’t Care About Us,” the full dance break in “Thriller,” the overlapping voices in “Bad/2 Bad”) were cut.

It still sounds immaculate, and I understand that cuts are necessary for time, but I really hope they release an extended edition at some point.
I don't think they had to cut anything for time. The album is 60 minutes. A CD can hold around 75-80 minutes. So there is at least 15 more minutes they could have used.

I don't think they had to cut anything for time. The album is 60 minutes. A CD can hold around 75-80 minutes. So there is at least 15 more minutes they could have used.
Very true. Even if they didn’t, they could’ve saved time not including “She’s Out of My Life” and “I Can’t Help It,” since they only sing a verse of each in the show. Very weird that they decided to do the full songs instead.

That break followed by that woooooh in DSTYGE is the funkiest moment on recording history and that little video above proves my point. I love it so much.

Back