The Michael Jackson Musical: 'MJ'

FhTg0RUXkAEYasv

^ If the cast albums wins that Grammy, would that technically count towards Michael's total number of wins? I'd like to think so.

Also, Thanksgiving is coming up soon. The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade usually includes performances from a few different Broadway musicals, but ironically, MJ The Musical is not in the lineup. It's a shame, especially since it won the most Tony's of any new show this year.

^ If the cast albums wins that Grammy, would that technically count towards Michael's total number of wins? I'd like to think so.

Also, Thanksgiving is coming up soon. The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade usually includes performances from a few different Broadway musicals, but ironically, MJ The Musical is not in the lineup. It's a shame, especially since it won the most Tony's of any new show this year.
No it would not. - It is not MJ who wins the Grammy.

Possibly missed this already in this thread, but I have a friend that works in London theatre and the Prince Edward Theatre, one of the biggest in the West End, is about to see Mary Poppins close and a limited run of Sense and Sensibility is to play, which will apparently be followed by the UK transfer of MJ The Musical!

Possibly missed this already in this thread, but I have a friend that works in London theatre and the Prince Edward Theatre, one of the biggest in the West End, is about to see Mary Poppins close and a limited run of Sense and Sensibility is to play, which will apparently be followed by the UK transfer of MJ The Musical!

That is correct. MJ coming to the Prince Edward Theatre in 2024. Seems like the show has been a massive success.

Hopefully they can convince Myles Frost to play in the West End and kick off MJ the musical like on Broadway. Even for 6 weeks to get the show up and running.

That is correct. MJ coming to the Prince Edward Theatre in 2024. Seems like the show has been a massive success.

Hopefully they can convince Myles Frost to play in the West End and kick off MJ the musical like on Broadway. Even for 6 weeks to get the show up and running.

Oh that’s exciting! West End shows are generally much more affordable than Broadway so looking forward to seeing it when it comes here.

Also I messed up my shows, “Ain’t Too Proud” is the show that will replace Mary Poppins for a limited run ahead of MJ The Musical’s transfer. Once there’s only one show ahead, they might start teasing the show around London…

Very, very surprising. Usually whenever a principal cast member steps down from a Broadway role there’s an announcement weeks in advance, especially when it’s the originating performer. I wonder what happened to Quentin Earl Darrington (who originally played Joe/Rob). He was spectacular both times I saw it; there were times where he had to flip from Rob to Joe and back on a dime in the same scene, and he pulled it off beautifully.

'MJ: The Musical' star Myles Frost dishes on recent Grammy nomination​

Chicago, Cincinnati, Charlotte, Atlanta,new Orléans,dallas, Seattle,denver.

Back