The Michael Jackson Musical: 'MJ'

Costa Mesa, Californie, 19-31 mars 2024
saint louis,mo,may 28-jun 9,2024

FsJAUddX0AEt9QW

Kevin Richardson and family at ' MJ' the musical - via Backstreet Boys official Instagram

I finally saw it, and it was amazing! Went to New York for vacation, and it was the number one thing on my list to see, and it went beyond my expectations!

Saw it last year and didn't like it at all... It's well-presented and entertaining, but I feel like it undersells how profound Michael was as an artist. You walk out of it feeling like he was a goofy R&B singer and his career peaked with the Jackson 5... at least, that's the feeling it left me with...

The One in Vegas is a much better representation of his creativity and impact on the world IMO.

I love that there's an MJ musical, but I am still trying to bring myself to go and see it - I live quite close to Broadway, it would be so simple.
While I can appreciate the arduous work by all the dancers, singers and production staff, I'm fairly certain I will feel melancholy seeing MJ brought to life by other artists and not being able to see the actual MJ perform ever again🤔

mj 2023-2024
Chicago
Cincinnati
Greenville
Charlotte
Durham
atlanta
La Nouvelle Orléans
Houston
Dallas
Seattle
LOS ANGELES
san francisco
Salt Lake City
San Diego
tempérament
costa mesa
Tucson
Denver
des moines
ville de Kansas
Minneapolis
Saint Louis
buffle
Boston
grands rapides
Cleveland
Washington

I’m so happy MJ is going so strong. I admit, I worried that it would suffer the fate of most jukebox musicals and fizzle quickly, but it’s still kicking like nobody’s business. Can’t wait to see it again.

From theatermania.com:
"Producers Lia Vollack, John McClain, and John Branca (who was Michael Jackson’s longtime attorney) announced today that the Broadway musical, MJ, has recouped its initial investment, which the New York Times reported in 2021 was $22.5 million. The production has played to over 750,000 patrons since beginning performances in December 2021."

Last edited:
I’m so happy MJ is going so strong. I admit, I worried that it would suffer the fate of most jukebox musicals and fizzle quickly, but it’s still kicking like nobody’s business. Can’t wait to see it again.
I feel the same! I am so happy it's been such a smash success. I am currently trying to book a ticket for my third time seeing it. Trying to go this weekend and Saturday is already almost sold out :)

Brilliant news that Myles will be the star of the new London production.

It doesn't get any better than that! An amazing opportunity for fans in Europe to see Myles in the role.

Wth him as the star , the show will no doubt be another huge success.

Broadway’s ‘MJ’ recoups

The Michael Jackson bio-musical continues its run at the Neil Simon Theatre.
https://www.broadwaynews.com/broadways-mj-recoups/
CAITLIN HORNIK May 15, 2023 . 6:40 PM

Producers Lia Vollack, John Branca and John McClain have announced that their Broadway musical “MJ” has recouped. Based on the life of the late Michael Jackson, leading up to his 1992 “Dangerous” world tour, the musical began previews on Dec. 6, 2021, and opened on Feb. 1, 2022.

The initial capitalization amount was $22,500,000, according to a filing by producers with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).

As of May 7, “MJ” has grossed $110,035,186.20 since its Broadway run began. In its best week to date (the week ending Jan. 1, 2023), the musical earned $2,223,069 and broke the box office record at the Neil Simon Theatre for the 10th time. The production has consistently played to audiences filled to 90 percent capacity or greater, dipping below that figure only 10 times in its 73-week run.

“MJ” won four Tony Awards in 2022, including Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role in a Musical for Myles Frost and Best Choreography. Directed and choreographed by Tony winner Christopher Wheeldon, “MJ” features a book written by two-time Pulitzer Prize winner Lynn Nottage. Elijah Rhea Johnson currently stars as Michael Jackson.

A North American tour is set to launch in August, with a West End production slated for March 2024.

Back