The MJ Estate are close to a 50% sale of MJs catalog

Yes, that is true. And I hope it leads to more. But it just seems more likely that one of the brothers would end up taking more of a role. I mean, tbf, I would be ok with Jackie doing it. He's already involved in the Estate's affairs anyway.
Imo...Jackie is too old to know what this generation wants

The estate did not need to publish that heavily edited This Is It. They knew whatever they presented would be record shattering at that time… It was tasteless, largely serving creditors who put the pressure on Michael and saving the faces of people who ultimately failed him. They’ll keep presenting a mere product in Michael’s image, of their own inauthentic and aggrandizing devices. Virtually no one who pays a billion for song usage rights would be interested in presenting Michael in tasteful and authentic ways. If deals like these keep going through, everything presented is just a product that tickles the imagination because of how his previous work is remembered.

Despite us hardcore fans having issues with This Is It, I can tell you that it was needed for MJ's legacy. I still remember opening night at my theater, all generations of people white, black and in between were there celebrating MJ and in awe of what was shown on screen.

Your logic about not presenting Michael in a tasteful way doesn't make sense, it's the opposite of good business. You don't spend a billion dollars and tank your own investment. We're going to see a resurgence of MJ being in the mainstream media, we're going to finally get a social media team that celebrates MJ with dignity and respect, we're going to hear his music everywhere we go, and so on and so forth.

The music industry will keep changing. This is a very shortsighted decision, only serving to elevate the legacies of the ”estate” in the history books, B especially, who wants his name on everything successful associated with Michael.

Why should anyone other than Michael’s closest have control over how his music and videos are officially presented? I understand some couldn’t care less about the actual feelings of Jackson’s beneficiaries, while I feel those who care know how Michael felt about B, even in his last years. If he actually rehired him (in the week before Michael’s death) it was under enormous pressure, and we all know the pressure didn’t subside…

The estate did not need to publish that heavily edited This Is It. They knew whatever they presented would be record shattering at that time… It was tasteless, largely serving creditors who put the pressure on Michael and saving the faces of people who ultimately failed him. They’ll keep presenting a mere product in Michael’s image, of their own inauthentic and aggrandizing devices. Virtually no one who pays a billion for song usage rights would be interested in presenting Michael in tasteful and authentic ways. If deals like these keep going through, everything presented is just a product that tickles the imagination because of how his previous work is remembered.
Note especially how the estate conveys to the court and public the turning around of debts in order to seem like the heroes, as if Michael was solely responsible, feeding the falsehood that his spending habits were mostly to blame. They don’t mention how much of his money was squandered and stolen by people he had trusted, including B, while hiding the reality from him.

Industrial complexes have no place for soul, especially Michael’s. That’s why he tried his best moving away from them in favor of self publishing. It will continue to be up to fans to keep Michael’s authentic heartfelt vision alive.
How bizarre and very much someone with MJ tinted glasses on.

Are we forgetting that this is a man who has been accused on multiple occasions of child molestation?

The 2019 documentary could have destroyed his legacy that had been seen in a much more positive light since his passing in 2009.

The estate is doing everything possible to keep and maintain his legacy (including extremely lucrative opportunities) for many years to come.

John Branca can sometimes come across as a bit of a comedy figure in the MJ community but nobody can deny the incredible work that the estate has done to turn the MJ brand into a money making machine once again.

They have turned his crumbling estate (400 million in the red) around and made billions.

Throw in the successful Broadway and Vegas shows and the upcoming Biopic....

and yet some fans are still unhappy 😵‍💫

Comme c'est bizarre et vraiment quelqu'un avec des lunettes teintées MJ.

Oublions-nous qu'il s'agit d'un homme qui a été accusé à plusieurs reprises de pédophilie ?

Le documentaire de 2019 aurait pu détruire son héritage qui avait été vu sous un jour beaucoup plus positif depuis son décès en 2009.

Le domaine fait tout son possible pour conserver et entretenir son héritage (y compris des opportunités extrêmement lucratives) pour de nombreuses années à venir.

John Branca peut parfois apparaître comme un personnage comique dans la communauté MJ, mais personne ne peut nier le travail incroyable que le domaine a accompli pour transformer à nouveau la marque MJ en une machine à gagner de l'argent.

Ils ont transformé son domaine en ruine (400 millions dans le rouge) et gagné des milliards.

Ajoutez les spectacles à succès de Broadway et de Vegas et le biopic à venir....

et pourtant certains fans sont toujours mécontents 😵‍💫
mj las vegas 2013-2023
mj ny 2021-2023
mj états-unis 2023-2024
mj UK 2024-?

Despite us hardcore fans having issues with This Is It, I can tell you that it was needed for MJ's legacy. I still remember opening night at my theater, all generations of people white, black and in between were there celebrating MJ and in awe of what was shown on screen.

Your logic about not presenting Michael in a tasteful way doesn't make sense, it's the opposite of good business. You don't spend a billion dollars and tank your own investment. We're going to see a resurgence of MJ being in the mainstream media, we're going to finally get a social media team that celebrates MJ with dignity and respect, we're going to hear his music everywhere we go, and so on and so forth.
I completely agree. Despite the circumstances, the audience could see Michael's incredible talent, the film was only good for Michael's legacy, including his demeanor you could see, for eexample his speaking "I say it with the love". So cute. It brought him closer to the audience as a person.
I also think that no estate -management has to fight with such attacks on the reputation of the artist it represents and, to top it all off, Michael`s family, who have been doing crazy things for years with the goal making cash on the cost of Michael and his childreen. I don't know why this family (excluding his childreen) should be considered fit to run the affairs of Michael's estate or have a say in it. Since he was 18, Michael has done everything to keep them away from his business and it`s only consequnet that he made it clear also in his will.

Last November, the Estate of Michael Jackson asked permission to the court to go ahead with a secret transaction.

The court documents are sealed and non of us know what this is about but speculations point out to the selling of Michael’s catalogue.

Last month, Katherine Jackson filled an objection to the transaction in question and the Estate reposted by asking the Judge to dismiss the objection.

According the the court documents, the executors of Michael Jackson Estate, aka John Branca and John McClain, will appear before the judge this month.

Now, in a new filing, the parties revealed Katherine Jackson will testify at the hearing along with Branca and McClain.

This is in contradiction with the court case against Jeffre Phillips as the Estate stated she was too frail to appear in court.

To be continued…

How bizarre and very much someone with MJ tinted glasses on.

Are we forgetting that this is a man who has been accused on multiple occasions of child molestation?

The 2019 documentary could have destroyed his legacy that had been seen in a much more positive light since his passing in 2009.

The estate is doing everything possible to keep and maintain his legacy (including extremely lucrative opportunities) for many years to come.

John Branca can sometimes come across as a bit of a comedy figure in the MJ community but nobody can deny the incredible work that the estate has done to turn the MJ brand into a money making machine once again.

They have turned his crumbling estate (400 million in the red) around and made billions.

Throw in the successful Broadway and Vegas shows and the upcoming Biopic....

and yet some fans are still unhappy 😵‍💫

Michael is what sells Michael, yes, MJONE and the musical are huge money spinners but that's because people want Michael music, how have the Estate restored Michael's image?

Last week, we reported that Katherine Jackson was going to court to oppose the proposed transaction that the Estate of Michael Jackson would like to implement.

Last November, the Estate of Michael Jackson asked permission to the court to go ahead with a secret transaction.

The court documents are sealed and non of us know what this is about but speculations point out to the selling of Michael’s catalogue.

Last month, Katherine Jackson filled an objection to the transaction in question and the Estate reposted by asking the Judge to dismiss the objection.

The court has now ruled in favour of the Estate despite Katherine Jackson’s testimony:

“The proposed transaction is approved and the executors are authorized and instructed to take all actions necessary to implement the proposed transaction, including but not limited to signing all contracts and performing all obligations required of the estate.”

Katherine has filed an appeal of the decision so the saga continues.

I’d rather see the Estate do more to combat the false allegations to be honest. The fact that nobody apart from the fans protested and fought LN now leaves MJ’s name in the dirt.

I’d rather see the Estate do more to combat the false allegations to be honest. The fact that nobody apart from the fans protested and fought LN now leaves MJ’s name in the dirt.

This I can understand, they're going to let the biopic tell MJ's side of the story.

There's also something called the "Streisand effect" which basically says that you can make a small issue bigger by trying to fight it or get rid of it.

MJ even in death is still on of the most successful artists there is, the people who believe the allegations aren't ever going to change their minds without a full retraction from the accusers so the estate is smart to just focus on putting music and projects out and not feeling the need to fight allegations in the public. FWIW they did try to prevent HBO from even releasing LN.

My first thought and reaction…”Nooooo, you can’t sell!”. But….on the other hand….I sort of always did wish Michael would’ve sold the ATV catalogue….I really do think that cost him his life and put such a target on his back so I wish he would’ve just sold it and taken the money. 🥲 As for selling his songs….It feels difficult and sad to see the family lose the rights. That being said, if it somehow would take a target off his kids’ back, I’m for it. Also, if that’s the biggest deal in music history, I know Michael would be for it. Also his kids definitely are set for life with that sum. I just hope they have someone who will take care of it well and won’t do bad business deals for them or make them lose it some other way. No amount of money will bring Michael back and you can’t take money with you when you go. The last thing I’d wish for Michael’s kids is to have a target on their back and having to worry about business deals. On the other hand…Michael’s posessions seem to be being sold and I’m getting flashbacks of when someone was suddenly trying to sell ALL of Michael’s things right before he died. That still rubs me the wrong way and that was when I started to seriously worry about Michael’s safety. I’m not one who generally believes in conspiracy theories……but sometimes I do worry…especially the more Michael’s posessions keep being sold to others…..🤔🥲 Sometimes I do worry if someone just wanted to get rid of Michael in order to get their hands on all of his posessions….🤔🥲

Maybe this'll take some of the negative publicity away as well. The persecution of MJ started in full effect when he bought those blasted Beatles anyway. Maybe this partner will have a vested interest in making Dan Reed go away.

Radar Online

Radar Online
Follow

Michael Jackson’s Mom Katherine Shut Down In Court Battle With Pop Star's Estate Over Secret Deal

Story by Ryan Naumann • Yesterday 9:54 AM
Michael Jackson’s 92-year-old mother Katherine was shut down in her attempt to block a proposed deal from her late son’s estate, RadarOnline.com has learned.

According to court documents obtained by RadarOnline.com, this week, a Los Angeles Superior Court judge ruled that the estate, run by executors John Branca and John McClain, can move forward with the transaction.

The order stated, “The proposed transaction is approved and the executors are authorized and instructed to take all actions necessary to implement the proposed transaction, including but not limited to signing all contracts and performing all obligations required of the estate.”

Katherine had testified in court explaining the reasoning behind her fighting the deal.

As we first reported, last year, the estate asked the court to approve a deal they had secured. Branca and McClain explained they “have an opportunity which they believe is to the substantial advantage of the Estate and in the best interest of the beneficiaries.”

Branca and McClain have run Michael’s estate since his death on June 25, 2009.

The beneficiaries of Michael’s estate are his three children Prince, Paris, and Blanket. In his will, Michael added a provision that also provided support to his mother for the remainder of her life.

Katherine opposed the deal presented but kept her argument under seal.

In response, the executors argued they knew what they were doing. McClain and Branca said they took Michael’s estate from the “verge of collapse” to being incredibly profitable.

“The Estate was teetering on the verge of collapse, with more than $400 million in debt that encumbered Michael’s most significant assets and little or no liquidity or means to service that debt. Through creative thinking, hard work and business savvy—and, of course, Michael’s extraordinary creative legacy—the Executors transformed the MJJ Business into a profitable enterprise,” the executors said in court documents.

Branca and McClain even accused Katherine of having objected to the 2009 documentary This Is It, which ended up becoming the highest-grossing concert documentary in history and brought in millions to the estate.

Prior to the hearing, the executors pointed out that Michael’s kids had not objected to the proposed deal.

According to court documents obtained by RadarOnline.com, Katherine has filed an appeal of the decision — an indication the fight is far from over.

Fans are only speculating as to what the "secret deal" is. ;)
By the wording of the articles it seems like there already is. I figured that at the price the Estate is selling the catalog it would take a while for someone to buy. It's very likely that it's a corporation that's buying it, maybe it's Sony?

Fans are only speculating as to what the "secret deal" is. ;)
Fair point, lol. We don't know for sure it's the song rights.

If Michael's song rights are being sold, I'm really interested to know who the buyer is. When the speculation started I assumed it might be Hipgnosis but they've done so many huge deals since 2018. I've read somewhere that they might be slowing down on the acquisitions side. There's loads of big players in this area, though. Could be anybody.

By the wording of the articles it seems like there already is. I figured that at the price the Estate is selling the catalog it would take a while for someone to buy. It's very likely that it's a corporation that's buying it, maybe it's Sony?
Sony would make sense if the deal includes rights to the MJ musical and the biopic like someone said. 🤔 Or it’s some movie studio that is involved in the biopic. I just hope that the deal involves a clause that the Estate has the final say about the biopic. If someone else owns the rights for the biopic, it could end in a disaster if they start meddling with it. Especially if the buyer is Oprah ir one of her minions…😡🤬🤮

if selling the catalogue brings US fans new/unheard and actually GOOD releases then i say sell it..
These type of mega deals are nearly always about the material that is already out there, the stuff that was massively successful. That way, the investors know they can get their money back. It's all about placing the songs in films, tv, video games and developing merch (in some cases). I'm not saying they wouldn't be interested in new material - I have no idea but I think it's unlikely. Their main focus will be the existing back catalogue.

Back