The Offical 30 Anniversay Of Off The Wall

What's different with the album version??? I also saw something strange with black or white on the 3rd cd :S

There's no handclaps and the strings don't come in during the first chorus but afterwards. There's also a difference in "Get on the Floor" where the song ends with no ad-libs whatsoever.

yes you have bad normal version and bad extended mix with "false fade".

Oo ok :)
The false fade version is soo cool!
I know there's also on of the way you make me feel and just another part of me :D
I would love to have them in good quality
Has anyone got them? :D

All extended version from Bad-tracks were released on the Visionairy singles and also on that French 3CD edition of KOP.

The bad era extended dance mixes are also on the 3cd deluxe edition of KOP-UK which includes also CGOTR

What special issue do you mean???

This is from the torrent site hope its OK to post the description here:

Music : Dance / Disco : Lossless
Artist: Michael Jackson
Album: Off the Wall
Label: Epic/Sony Records
Catalog No: 25-8P-5138 (Japan)
Year of Release: Unknown (but sometime after "Bad")
Lineage:

Original CD--->EAC (test+copy, secure)--->FLAC

Package Contents: FLACs, CUEs, .logs, FFPs, MD5
Artwork will be made available separately.

NOTE: THIS DISC HAS PREEMPHASIS. READ BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THIS PHENOMENON AND HOW TO DEAL WITH IT.

Tracks:

1) Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
2) Rock With You (Original LP Mix)
3) Working Day and Night
4) Get On the Floor (Original LP Mix)
5) Off the wall
6) Girlfriend
7) She's Out of My Life
8) I Can't Help It
9) It's the Falling in Love
10) Burn This Disco Out

Notes: Michael Jackson is no stranger to after-the-fact futzing with his albums, and "Off the Wall" is no exception. As the story goes, sometime in late 1979, Jackson prepared alternate single mixes of "Rock With You" and "Get On the Floor." Reception to these was so positive that they were inserted into the running order of the original LP and included on almost every reissue (both digital and analogue) of the album, leaving the original 1979 mixes of those two songs (and possibly others) lost to the sands of time.

Unsurprisingly, Japan--the little country that could--comes to the rescue. As with Bruce Springsteen's "Nebraska," for which the Japanese received an alternate mix that they happily issued for several years, "Off the Wall" was apparently mastered in Japan from a copy of the master tape that did not include the song substitutions. This digital iteration, in turn, allegedly appeared on several scarce Japan-for-US (and UK) copies of the "Off the Wall," but was also widely available in Japan until at least 1987. Seemingly, all CDs not sourced from the Japanese transfer use the remixes.

In other words, if you want the original "Rock With You" (sans handclaps) and "Get On the Floor" (with the original instrumentation), here's the only place to get 'em. Neither LP mix seems to have showed up on any other collection, so impulsive collectors, start your torrents NOW!
Please send this reverberating around the internet, but please keep all files together. Happy torrenting/Usenetting/rapidsharing.

A note: This disc uses preemphasis, a particularly loathsome remnant of early 1980s digital technology that exists solely to irritate modern-day listeners. A simple explanation: this technique boosted the high-end of the data encoded on the CD, and set a subcode/TOC flag that alerts the CD player to deemphasize the data upon conversion to analogue. Of course, this process becomes infinitely more problematic when your standard CD-player playback model is removed from the picture...as it is, say, with FLAC files.

Thus, when you play these files back, they're going to sound a bit tinny. If you are planning on burning this collection to CD, try to use the included CUE file, which includes the flags to alert your CD player to the presence of preemphasis. For all of those intending on using less orthodox/more-21st-century modes of playback, you might want to deemphasize these FLACs with WAVEEmph or equivalent tools so as to restore the "proper" EQ profile.

The 7' mix of Off The Wall should be included on the 30th anniversary edition

Get On The Floor (original LP version) can also be found on the 1989 single release of Liberian Girl

^^Can't Get Outta The Rain which was You Can't Win part 2
not really, although both songs have a lot in common on YCW Michael sings you can't get outta the game while on CGOTR he's singing you can't get outta the rain.

Beside of that, YCW is credited to Charlie Smalls, while CGOTR is credited to Quincy Jones & MJ

^^ that's the mystery, change a single word and you'll get the song credits for your 'hard work'

I hope the the re-release of OTW won't take place instaed of the release of a brand new album.

this is from the torrent site hope its ok to post the description here:

Music : Dance / disco : Lossless
artist: Michael jackson
album: Off the wall
label: Epic/sony records
catalog no: 25-8p-5138 (japan)
year of release: Unknown (but sometime after "bad")
lineage:

Original cd--->eac (test+copy, secure)--->flac

package contents: Flacs, cues, .logs, ffps, md5
artwork will be made available separately.

Note: This disc has preemphasis. Read below for more information on this phenomenon and how to deal with it.

Tracks:

1) don't stop 'til you get enough
2) rock with you (original lp mix)
3) working day and night
4) get on the floor (original lp mix)
5) off the wall
6) girlfriend
7) she's out of my life
8) i can't help it
9) it's the falling in love
10) burn this disco out

notes: Michael jackson is no stranger to after-the-fact futzing with his albums, and "off the wall" is no exception. As the story goes, sometime in late 1979, jackson prepared alternate single mixes of "rock with you" and "get on the floor." reception to these was so positive that they were inserted into the running order of the original lp and included on almost every reissue (both digital and analogue) of the album, leaving the original 1979 mixes of those two songs (and possibly others) lost to the sands of time.

Unsurprisingly, japan--the little country that could--comes to the rescue. As with bruce springsteen's "nebraska," for which the japanese received an alternate mix that they happily issued for several years, "off the wall" was apparently mastered in japan from a copy of the master tape that did not include the song substitutions. This digital iteration, in turn, allegedly appeared on several scarce japan-for-us (and uk) copies of the "off the wall," but was also widely available in japan until at least 1987. Seemingly, all cds not sourced from the japanese transfer use the remixes.

In other words, if you want the original "rock with you" (sans handclaps) and "get on the floor" (with the original instrumentation), here's the only place to get 'em. Neither lp mix seems to have showed up on any other collection, so impulsive collectors, start your torrents now!
Please send this reverberating around the internet, but please keep all files together. Happy torrenting/usenetting/rapidsharing.

A note: This disc uses preemphasis, a particularly loathsome remnant of early 1980s digital technology that exists solely to irritate modern-day listeners. A simple explanation: This technique boosted the high-end of the data encoded on the cd, and set a subcode/toc flag that alerts the cd player to deemphasize the data upon conversion to analogue. Of course, this process becomes infinitely more problematic when your standard cd-player playback model is removed from the picture...as it is, say, with flac files.

Thus, when you play these files back, they're going to sound a bit tinny. If you are planning on burning this collection to cd, try to use the included cue file, which includes the flags to alert your cd player to the presence of preemphasis. For all of those intending on using less orthodox/more-21st-century modes of playback, you might want to deemphasize these flacs with waveemph or equivalent tools so as to restore the "proper" eq profile.

thanks for all the work you did
i will download them both much luv
tr3ellmj

i hope the the re-release of otw won't take place instaed of the release of a brand new album.

me 2
if thats the case we dont need the off the wall 30 a
im thinking the same think
u are so right
if this taking place of a new cd
bump this off the wall 30 a cd
trellmj

instead of having remixes i say we have 5 or more unreleased demos of some of the featured songs and have maybe a dvd of appearances /tour from that era

instead of having remixes i say we have 5 or more unreleased demos of some of the featured songs and have maybe a dvd of appearances /tour from that era

Best idea ever. BUT we wont get it!

I really don't care much about all these remixes we get. Give us NEW, NEVER heard before material!

I hope the the re-release of OTW won't take place instaed of the release of a brand new album.
It won't. Releasing deluxe editions for big sellers are standard procedure in the music industry

i don't really care for remixes either.....it would be great to get demos or unreleased stuff :yes:

Back