The offical wrestling thread..News, spoilers and results.

Taker10.jpg

In a rare move, WWE's YouTube account has posted a brief clip from tonight's episode of Friday Night SmackDown on myNetworkTV. They posted footage of Montel Vontavious Porter, being accompanied by The View co-host Sherri Shepherd, making his ring entrance on the program. Video is also shown of the United States Champion showing Shepherd few wrestling moves, which will apparently air on tonight's show. At Monday's Raw taping, WWE taped a few segments with Shephard meeting various WWE personalities including Hornswoggle, "Santina" Marella and Cryme Tyme.

Must-Read Recap Of Vince McMahon Today - MAJOR News
The 2009 WWE Annual Shareholders Meeting was held this morning (May 1st). Here are some of the newsworthy items from the meeting:

* Kevin Dunn missed the meeting due to an illness & may have been hospitalized.

* Vince McMahon said that he is not interested in running an MMA promotion.

* Vince McMahon said that WWE is looking into creating a Wednesday night TV program. He feels that it would not be overexposure due to the huge number of TV stations available & that being on TV every weeknight would make it easier for the fans to follow along with the storylines or catch up if they miss any of the TV shows.

* A shareholder requested the creation of a WWE affinity program. Vince McMahon agreed to look into possibly doing that.

* Donna Goldsmith said that WWE has major marketing plans for Summerslam 2009, including a huge party leading into the event. Vince McMahon predicted that Summerslam 2009 will sell out.

* Donna Goldsmith said that WWE has upcoming meetings with the USA Network & CNN regarding marketing.

* Vince McMahon said that Playboy wanted to work with WWE again this year, but Vince turned down the offer because of WWE's new "PG environment".

* Vince McMahon announced that WWE has signed a deal with Pepsi.

* Vince McMahon said that WWE was planning a tour of China, but ran into some problems. He feels that China will be a big part of WWE's future.

* Vince McMahon said that WWE is considering canceling it's tour of Mexico in late May due to the swine flu outbreak. He also announced a Mexican tour for October of 2009.

* Vince McMahon partially blamed the decline of pay-per-view buys on more fans choosing to watch pay-per-views with each other rather than individually ordering the pay-per-views.

* A shareholder asked if "Mr. McMahon" could be the person who ends the Undertaker's WrestleMania undefeated streak. Vince McMahon said that him ending the streak would probably anger a lot of people, so it's unlikely to happen.

* Vince McMahon said that both him & his wife will be participating in all of the upcoming earnings conference calls.

* Vince McMahon said that him appearing in a movie would be a bad idea due to his lack of patience & time.

* Vince McMahon said that holding WrestleMania overseas would be difficult because it would have to air live in North America. He mentioned that Summerslam 1992 from London, England aired in North America on a tape delay & it ended up being a bad business decision.

The entire meeting can be viewed online at: http://wwevideowm.fplive.net/wwevideo/wmv/adhoc/corporate/200905/shareholders2009_750.wmv

Go to http://prowrestlingevents.tk or http://prowrestlingevents.webs.com for info about upcoming wrestling shows worldwide.

LOL @ him upset that people watch pay-per-views together rather than separately. :lol:

That's actually a privilege. Don't get mad with me because you can't afford gas in your plane. :p

I was weirded out by the last Wrestlemania with the Big Show doing what he did, lol. My cousin watching just stood there in shock, I just said "f**k that". :lol:

LOL @ him upset that people watch pay-per-views together rather than separately. :lol:

Actually thats Vinces excuse to please himself. He knows that the real reason is that a lot of people are watching the PPV on streams or downloading the PPV from forums.

World Wrestling Entertainment released Superstar Graham from a consultation contract recently. www.wrestlingfigs.com have actually posted a scan of the release letter, which includes a notice that WWE retains the rights to the Superstar Billy Graham name. I doubt they wouldn't prevent him from using it as much as they want to use it for their own purposes as well, but Graham allowing the letter to be posted online is going to get him a hell of a lot of flack from WWE's side.
119781_article.jpg

Possible Knee Surgery

From Gerwick.net
Dave Meltzer is reporting that The Undertaker missed last week’s Smackdown/Superstars tapings at Madison Square Garden because his knees are bothering him, as well as his hip. The word going around is that The Undertaker would be undergoing minor surgery on his knee, but there is a fear that when he undergoes the procedure, more damage could be found. This explains the push of John Morrison as a babyface, and might force WWE to turn up pressure on Jeff Hardy to re-sign. Shawn Michaels, Undertaker’s Wrestlemania opponent, was given time off to rest up.

I would like to add here that it is certainly no big news that ‘Taker suffers knee and hip problems and his ongoing minor surgeries to correct cysts are nothing new either. After Wrestlemania and the extensive Euro Tour it is pretty obvious he will need down time and many of us have already predicted we wont see him again until Judgment Day or beyond. However, I would also like to state that I have heard from several private sources that this is not as ‘Panic Mode’ as it sounds. So lets not all freak out. Instead lets wish him well, send our good thoughts and hope he enjoys his R&R time and recovers quickly on this well earned break. Come back to us soon, Deadman!

WWE's [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]Tour[/COLOR][/COLOR] Of Mexico Likely Canceled, MVP On "The View", Batista
By Daniel Pena
May 3, 2009 - 1:01:51 PM

-- WWE has apparently canceled it's Raw tour of [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]Mexico[/COLOR][/COLOR] on the final weekend of May as Raw [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]house [COLOR=#fff200! important]shows[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] have been announced for Huntsville, Alabama on May 29th & Montgomery, Alabama on May 30th. Go to http://eventosdeluchalibre.tk for info about upcoming wrestling shows worldwide. (Thanks to Devin Cutting)

-- According to WWE.com, United States Champion Montel Vontavious Porter will be a guest on The View this coming Tuesday at 11:00 a.m. ET.

-- Several readers sent word that Batista was seen at last night's Manny Pacquiao vs. Ricky Hatton boxing match accompanying Pacquiao to [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]the [COLOR=#fff200! important]ring[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]. Courtesy of reader Norman Abellera, you can see an image of Batista at last night's show at the following link. Pacquiao knocked out Hatton in round two.

There are some rumblings that Tyson Tomko may be brought back to [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]World [COLOR=#fff200! important]Wrestling [/COLOR][COLOR=#fff200! important]Entertainment[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR], reports The Sun.

Company officials are scouting wrestlers that are both big and athletic, which they feel is lacking in developmental.

Tomko was quietly released from his contract earlier this year after inking a deal to return in late November.

-- Tonight, [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]NBC[/COLOR][/COLOR] will be replaying the recent episode of Saturday Night Live that was hosted by [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]Tracy [COLOR=#fff200! important]Morgan[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]. This is the episode that featured John Cena in the opening skit.

-- You can follow WWE Diva Candice Michelle on Twitter at twitter.com/DivaCandiceM. The account was confirmed via WWE's account.

[COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]WWE[/COLOR][/COLOR] Releases Trailer For New Randy Savage DVD, [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]Superstars[/COLOR][/COLOR] Rating
By Daniel Pena
May 3, 2009 - 12:43:58 PM

-- The official [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]video [COLOR=#fff200! important]trailer[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] for WWE's upcoming three-disc DVD set on "[COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]Macho [COLOR=#fff200! important]Man[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]" Randy Savage, Macho Madness - The Randy Savage Ultimate Collection, has surfaced online. You can see the trailer at Savage's official website, www.MachoMadness.com.

The DVD will be released on Tuesday, June 9 and contains over 20 matches from his illustrious career.

-- In its third week out, WWE Superstars on WGN America scored an 0.85 cable rating, reports PWInsider.com.

-- Ricky Ortiz is continuing his motivational gimmick as he provided another "Ricky O. Rally Up Inspirational Thought of the Week" following SmackDown. Ortiz' latest message is one of hope, saying "You need to dig deep, push forward and above all, rally up." His message is exclusively available on WWE Mobile on AT&T. (WWE Mobile on AT&T exclusive video: Ricky Ortiz)

Undertaker Out For a Few Months
Posted by Dan • Undertaker News7 Comments ▼ Share/Save

From WrestleZone
The Undertaker will be taking a hiatus from WWE due to injury. ‘Taker is expected to be out of action for a few months due to both knee and hip injury problems.
Due to the injury, Undertaker wasn’t even brought to the television tapings last week, despite being in Madison Square Garden. As of that day, the talk was that ‘Taker will be undergoing arthroscopic surgery on his hip and will be forced to miss a few months.
Apparently Undertaker’s injury and hiatus was the reason for the quick face turn of John Morrison, as well as the placement of CM Punk as a top babyface after the WWE draft.
Undertaker joins other top stars Shawn Michaels and Triple H, who will be out of action as well for a while, and possibly Jeff Hardy - who could be done with WWE soon as well.

(Sent in by Shane)
It should be noted the latest report suggests he is having arthroscopic surgery on his hip, whereas the early reports emphasised minor surgery on the knee. As it stands now, I suspect this more recent report is referring to the knee and not the hip.

Update on Undertaker’s Health and Future, Push for F...
undertaker.jpg

By Marc Middleton | 1 Comment
comments.gif

Posted on: Monday, May 4, 2009
- The Undertaker is still suffering from knee and hip problems and was not brought to the SmackDown tapings this past week in Madison Square Garden and as of Tuesday, the talk was that Taker would be undergoing some minor surgery on his knee and will be out of action. Nobody seemed to know for sure what the deal was and what would happen if he went in for surgery and they found more serious damage once inside.
This is one of the reasons that WWE is going forward with the John Morrison face turn and one of the reasons why they made sure CM Punk is being perceived as a top babyface on the SmackDown brand. WWE isn’t certain about Jeff Hardy or The Undertaker’s future right now, which explains the scramble for top face stars on the brand.

Posted by Dan • Undertaker News • 288 Page Views▼ Share/Save

From F4WOnline.com
As reported on earlier this week, The Undertaker is pretty banged up right now and wasn’t used at WWE TV tapings for the last two weeks.
Initial sources stated that he needed surgery on his hip, while another source stated surgery was needed for his knees. Both parts of his body are in bad shape and have been for quite some time right now. The plan as of right now is that he will be getting arthroscopic hip surgery done. This will keep Undertaker out of action for a little more than two months through the summer.
The hope internally was that giving him the time off right now will help him rest his knees and they hope to have him back for TV by July allowing for a build towards SummerSlam in August. There is said to be something significant planned in creative for Undertaker at SummerSlam, but it is possible that may not be in play with his injuries forcing him off TV for the time being. The biggest hope is that Jeff Hardy will stay with WWE through the summer with Undertaker being out as Hardy would be considered the top babyface on Smackdown with Undertaker’s absence. It should be noted that some are fearing that once he gets the surgery that they may discover some serious problems that will keep him out of action even longer since he has worked through injuries for so long.

(Sent in by Gareth)

WWE said to be in a "rebuilding period"
Posted by Chris Kaufman on 05/11/2009 at 11:04 AM

The next few months in WWE have been described as a rebuilding period where the company will try to make new stars reports The Wrestling Observer Newsletter. The expectation in the company is that as this takes place they are expecting ratings to drop a little. There are said to be plans in place to bring in more developmental wrestlers from FCW and start them with a purpose as opposed to just putting them on TV and hoping it works out. There has also been discussion about setting a rule where respective creative writers are to only worry about a limited amount of wrestlers on the brand they work for so that it will allow them to do more things with newer talent. Whether or not that will take place remains to be seen. One big expectation is that with four TV shows a week (Raw, ECW, Superstars and Smackdown) and the possibility of a fifth being added is that more of the shows will become very wrestling-heavy.

var addthis_pub="nodqdotcom";

Latest On Shawn Michaels' Future In [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]Wrestling[/COLOR][/COLOR], Heat On Announcer
By Daniel Pena
May 20, 2009 - 4:17:20 PM

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- Shawn Michaels recently told company officials that he's looking to take more time off than originally planned. He believes he's financially set for life and his children are at a certain age where they like him around, and he knows that's a very short window.

Original plans called for Michaels to return at SummerSlam, but he's looking to hold his return off until late this year or early next year for a good WrestleMania storyline. Although, this could change depending on his mood or if any of the major Superstars come down with an injury. If you recall, two years ago, Michaels talked about not coming back for a long time as a result of knee problems. Then John Cena tore his pec and his wife joked that he would be getting a phone call soon. He received the phone call the next day and was back in [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]the [COLOR=#fff200! important]ring[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] sooner than initially hoped.

Michaels appears unsure about his long-term future in wrestling as he's made noise about retiring next year at WrestleMania, but he also feels he can still make appearances at big shows well into his fifties like [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]Hulk [COLOR=#fff200! important]Hogan[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] and Ric Flair. He also said that once his children become teenagers, being at home won't be as much as priority anymore as his kids won't want to hang around him as much. At that point, he'd be more open to spending more time on the road.

-- Vince McMahon was said to really be on [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]Michael [COLOR=#fff200! important]Cole's[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] case at last week's Raw taping.

-- WWE hauled in the steel cage for last night's SmackDown/ECW taping, but the Edge vs. Jeff Hardy dark match following the tapings lasted a mere four minutes.

Tommy Dreamer Talks about retirement & TNA

In his latest WWE Universe blog, Tommy Dreamer addressed internet rumors regarding his future. He basically said that he was not retiring if he left WWE, but if he didn't win the ECW belt, he wasn't going to Smackdown or RAW.

In regard to reports that Dreamer was offered a new deal, Dreamer wrote the following: "WWE offered me a new contract about a month before I made my speech. WWE offered me a three
year deal which was great. I have no problems with WWE. I spoke to Vince McMahon and told him my feelings and career aspirations and he fully supported them. I am a man that has to set goals and is responsible for my actions. I am not one to hang around and collect a paycheck. I did this to prove something to the fans and to myself."

Dreamer also commented on the apparent rumors he was TNA bound: "I have close relationships with many of their wrestlers. I have nothing but great things to say about Dixie Carter. I have tons of respect for Jeff Jarrett for what he did in WWE as well as for taking a risk in
starting your own company (been there it is so hard). I watch every week because I am a huge wrestling fan and enjoy the show. I am just seeing my journey to the end. Good or bad."

WWE Studios will release “See No Evil” starring Kane in Blu-ray format on August 11th.
- Jim Ross revealed in his recent blog that WWE is working on a new DVD for Dave Batista and JR has already filmed an interview for it. Ross also says that WWE has got comments from names such as David Crockett, former TBS executive Harvey Schiller, Kevin Sullivan, Bill Goldberg and others for their upcoming WCW themed DVD.
- Speaking of Goldberg, the former World Champion will be taking part in the Havasu 95 Speedway’s Night of Destruction on May 23rd, competing in an Asphalt Boat Race where the drivers race around the track dragging boats. The driver with the least damage wins.
- WWE held a press conference yesterday in New York City regarding the problems with RAW, Kroenke Sports and the Pepsi Center. Vince McMahon appeared and basically read the press release that he claimed upset him so much causing him to move RAW to Los Angeles. Nothing much else happened but Triple H was there, making his first public appearance since being “injured” at the WWE Backlash pay-per-view at the hands of Randy Orton.

its had its good moments, Im not going to judge too harshly but it seems like there is no good moments at all, right now. Its sad that the show sucks without the older guys like Taker and HBK.

the wrestlers have no personality, and John Cena is annoying, he's white guy who acts like he's some black rapper... he is the vanilla ice of wrestling

he is annoying to me and you, but WWE is PG, and the kids buy his crap, he makes that company tons of cash, as long as that continues to happen, his likeness will be plastered over WWE programming.

I wish The Rock would come back and just take the piss out of him :(

he is annoying to me and you, but WWE is PG, and the kids buy his crap, he makes that company tons of cash, as long as that continues to happen, his likeness will be plastered over WWE programming.

You notice some fans (I would think male) booing him every time he makes a wrestling move, lol.

I for one won't be buying that "Rise and Fall of WCW" DVD and I'm happy Ted Turner and Eric Bischoff refused to participate. WWE's revisionist history is getting tired

Back