Ashtanga

Proud Member
5167943SZ.jpg

35534663.jpg

485688_375638435800589_121841604513608_1148585_932297690_n.jpg

480x640_albert-watson-contact-sheets-golden-boy-contact-sheet.jpg
By Albert Watson

By Karen Faye:

Yes. That was the photo that inspired the shoot with Michael. You can see why MJ liked it. RT
@sparklepeople
:
@wingheart
Look at this Albert Watson photo:
http://t.co/maAeuJXO
Was MJ like this?
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/gm96r8

Photo shoots were always a collaboration by all the artists involved...all inspired by Michael. It was a magical event. The closest feeling I have had, to that "artistic happening", since Michael has died, is when I work with David LaChapelle. You know you are a part of creating artistic history. RT
@RuchieC711
:
@wingheart
I would love to see The original cover of Invincible,It would really set the record straight on what MJ and You really wanted.
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/glq96q

The Invincible cover (the head shot) was retouched into something that was no where near the original photo shot by Albert Watson. I had painted Michael gold and he was wearing a hairpiece that was completely gold. I was very disappointed at what Sony did to the photo. The original photo was quite amazing. RT
@onmyanger
:
@wingheart
On the full, uncut cover of "Invincible", Michael wears a highly unusual hairstyle. How did this idea come about? Did he like it?

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/glpv48

:wild:

Last edited:
Too bad Sony messed with original.
For some strange reason the Invincible cover shot reminds me of David Cassidy from the Partridge Family. . . weird i know right? ; )

It would have been awesome to have the 'golden' Michael on the Invincible covers.

Michael was gold? How amazing it would be. I always felt the invincible cover seemed so common, 'nothing' compare to his other albums covers. Now we know why. so sad Michael couldn't have a say on his own album. Consider he was such a perfection, Michael must be so hurtful to see no promotion, no short films, no say on his own music, and hear his own record company publicly badmouthed him and his new album back then. I think what we knew was just a piece of iceberg, i am sure its much more ugly behind the door. no wonder Karen was so angry with Sony about the way michael was treated and still hated Sony so much.

Last edited:
Amazing. This kind of things makes me wonder where his decisions ended and where Sony took control. But regardless, this also shows that his artistry was deeper than anyone think it was (anyone outside the fans, especially the media and more specifically his critics).

That is incredible! I really wonder what the original photo looked like...hmm...they really tried to stifle his creativity didn't they? Kinda reminds me of what Teddy Riley did to the bridge of Hollywood Tonight :(

Maybe one day we'll see the original?

I believe that too much. :shifty: At some point this picture will leak on the internet. :timer: I'm very, very, very curious to see and I'm sure it was a perfect job. The creativity of Michael flew far away. :wild: And Invincible is a great album and I love it from beginning to end. :heart:

Last edited:
If there is ever an anniversary edition of Invincible, the original cover just has to be used!

This is the one Michael initially wanted. I like all the Arno Bani pictures, especially the glove one.

9hju50.jpg

This is the one Michael initially wanted. I like all the Arno Bani pictures, especially the glove one.

9hju50.jpg
I thought MJ wasn't happy with this one and that's why he changed it.

But boy Invincible really didn't go the way MJ planned huh? Truth be told though, I'm kind of glad they went the one they have now. All of MJ's solo albums were very dark (the only exception is Bad). They could have picked a better cover but I really don't mind the one they have now.

9hju50.jpg

No Michael didnt like the photos from this shoot. in fact he had the artist sign a contract not to even release them for several yrs.
Thats why they didnt even come out untill after his death

I hope we can see the original one day as Michael wanted it. Stupid Sony.

I would like to see the original, but I also like very much the Invicible cover the way it is:)

I love Michael's taste in that photo. Love It! It would have been Beautiful. Michael was on the right creative plane with it... although Sony wasn't on board and neither was Karen. Mike must've liked her hair styling - and I can see why he like part of it - because she could, for the most part do a sexy tossled type of hair styling, but she lacked other technics in hair styling. Especially with Black people's hair. She did an alright job trying to protray the photo of the gold young man - but even if Michael was wearing a weave or not she could have done a much better job. The texture is all wrong and could have been achived with better styling,product and hair tools. (or used correctly) technic. Perhaps that is why the cover was darkened lightened and made into Andy Warhol color blocks. Perhaps we don't know the whole story. Although we do know Mike and Sony was disagreeing at the time, but that was with promo which promo is akin to album covers,but the issues seemed to come with Sony after the album was stocked and out to the World..
I wanted to add: Yes, I too would love for KF to show us the original.

:heart:
souldreamer7

Last edited:
I love this one but I want to see the original by Michael! >.<
Anyway, great inspiration!!!

9hju50.jpg

I can see why Michael didn't like these photos. I think they are too fake, too much makeup, doesn't look like Michael. I like the current cover of Invincible just fine. But if the gold pic every surfaces I would certainly be curious to see that one!

^^ That doesn't even look like Michael... That hairstyle has never suited him - just look at Men In Black 2...

I'd like to see the original of course, but I still very much love the 2001 Vince cover.

^ I agree, he looked okay with it in You Are Not Alone, but other than that it really didn't suit him I think. That picture would be weird as a cover it looks too photoshopped, I think MJ looked way better naturally than in these photoshoots where they try to make him look plastic.

I thought MJ wasn't happy with this one and that's why he changed it.
I can see why. It's too much w/o saying "MJ!" IMO. Talking loud aint sayin' nothing.
If this same pic was closer in likeness to the "inspiration", it would have been great.
A gold Invincible MJ. :)

GOLDEN Invincible cover, It seems even more exciting and artistic than the final version! :excited: Looking forward to see it some day! If the original idea/pictures from BAD came out, I don't see why Invincible wouldn't... :timer:

I hate to say it but that last picture you posted if it's really Michael, he looks ODDLY AND ARTIFICIALLY FEMENINE! IMHO, I don't think he's that androgynous, I hate it since I saw it for the first time! :ninja:

Back