The Problem With A.I.

🙄
Bullsh*t the legacy won’t change cause of A.I
Kai. if, in time AI becomes stronger, which it will indefinitely, because that is the point of all technology, there are absolutely very strong chances of that happening.

Wanted to hear Bon Jovi?
i tweeted him about the idea of this - and 30 years ago , who would've thought we as fans could do that? so just think about the next thirty years and how things will have advanced....then , the thirty years after that.

It's just ironic that you were one of the ones most insistent on what you wanted real people to do with the machine learning, and now you have these sayings. Not that your point is invalid. But it just won't have the staying power as people think.

It's just ironic that you were one of the ones most insistent on what you wanted real people to do with the machine learning, and now you have these sayings. Not that your point is invalid.
Yeah which was stupid but I stopped and deeply thought about it. I read more about it. A little research if you like. Will people stop when they push the button? can they stop? . That is when things become more complicated and at risk.
But it just won't have the staying power as people think.
How do you know? Technology grows every day. :censored:

Kai. if, in time AI becomes stronger, which it will indefinitely, because that is the point of all technology, there are absolutely very strong chances of that happening.

So the legacy MJ has left will change cause of A.I ? Nope
It will still be there..

The problem with A.I.

I will stick with the thread title. The problem with A.I. is it is not real. I have listened to some of the track posted on here and they don’t sound like MJ and never will. Yes, the advancements will happen over time and it will get much better but will never capture the feel, soul or emotion of the artist especially Michael Jackson, let alone the vision or thoughts in his mind. I hope they never use it with his songs. Once the unreleased songs run out, I’m good with it. It is fake and we don’t need it in the MJ world as far as finishing his songs. Maybe it will be useful for other projects like improving video quality but I don’t want any fake songs. Impressive technology but not for me.

The problem with A.I.

I will stick with the thread title. The problem with A.I. is it is not real. I have listened to some of the track posted on here and they don’t sound like MJ and never will. Yes, the advancements will happen over time and it will get much better but will never capture the feel, soul or emotion of the artist especially Michael Jackson, let alone the vision or thoughts in his mind. I hope they never use it with his songs. Once the unreleased songs run out, I’m good with it. It is fake and we don’t need it in the MJ world as far as finishing his songs. Maybe it will be useful for other projects like improving video quality but I don’t want any fake songs. Impressive technology but not for me.
They should never "make" new songs and they never will. That's a level of nativity that makes no sense in any sense. The estate doesn't even care about putting out real MJ demoes willy nilly like that.

Yeah which was stupid but I stopped and deeply thought about it. I read more about it. A little research if you like. Will people stop when they push the button? can they stop? . That is when things become more complicated and at risk.

How do you know? Technology grows every day. :censored:
The AI songs won't even get airplay. The record label will always hold control, not some guys on YouTube.

Literally begging for Joy?

Wanted to hear Bon Jovi?
Again I will say like i did in the other a.i thread "...I dont think I'll ever trust a new mj album release. Nothing about the new/unreleased stuff even excites me anymore because of all this manipulation. The entire mj community was on fire in 2010 when the Michael album come out & look at the community now (including myself) wanting & requesting fake songs for our own self imagination. None of this I right & I feel really bad about this all! I DONT CARE WHAT NOBODY SAYS....THIS IS WRONG! I'm so afraid of the future. If fans can redo songs, 4k videos & etc....there's no telling what the upper power can actually do to mislead us. They're will be future fans & when they go to youtube & see all the (old) a.i edits...they will think it's mj & to me that is just sick!! So I retrack all the a.i requests I wanted. If mj didn't record it then...I dont wanna hear it. I almost feel guilty for listening to manipulation once again.

Smh this community is so toxic.
Take me back to 2007 when everything was good here!"

Again I will say like i did in the other a.i thread "...I dont think I'll ever trust a new mj album release. Nothing about the new/unreleased stuff even excites me anymore because of all this manipulation. The entire mj community was on fire in 2010 when the Michael album come out & look at the community now (including myself) wanting & requesting fake songs for our own self imagination. None of this I right & I feel really bad about this all! I DONT CARE WHAT NOBODY SAYS....THIS IS WRONG!

💔
I'm so afraid of the future. If fans can redo songs, 4k videos & etc....there's no telling what the upper power can actually do to mislead us. They're will be future fans & when they go to youtube & see all the (old) a.i edits...they will think it's mj & to me that is just sick!! So I retrack all the a.i requests I wanted. If mj didn't record it then...I dont wanna hear it. I almost feel guilty for listening to manipulation once again.
Upper Power...exactly.
Smh this community is so toxic.
Take me back to 2007 when everything was good here!"
mmm 💔 ........... @wonderouzmj ah , those magical days and nights ...yeah i've almost left and crawled back to where i came from.
too painful to be here. if i wasn't such a martyr i would straight up leave.
If you can really swap people with it, it is definitely dangerous if you can no longer distinguish between fakes and then an era of fraud can develop
Yeah....😵‍💫

Last edited:
I'm not against fan-made projects, art, jokes, anything... as long as they are clearlu marked as fan-made projects.

I think the major problems with AI* is that it will get boring and "blur" the image of the original. If it becomes easy to create a song with MJs voice, many will still feel like they're not "his" creations because the AIer who will have made did will have put too much of his own in it... But even then, if anyone can use MJs voice, it won't feel execptional anymore...
The only real legit use I see would be if official projects used AI to complete some lines/verses in existing incomplete songs. (I guess I would prefer this than having bankable-guests-of-the-moment or another Malachi to sing the songs as the chance are high I don't find them a good fit to MJ.)

* I left intellectual property issues aside.

...the true meaning of art

What is the "true meaning of art"? I think people have been asking for awhile.

I’d have no problem if they‘d use A.I to fill gaps in demos to make them complete. But in this case they should make clear that it was done and they should also release the original on a second disc. It depends.. if the song is 70 % finished I’d fine for them using A.I for the rest. But if a song is 30 % finished I don’t think it should be finished with A.I.. it should always be more MJ than A.I on official projects.

The problem with AI is that you are puppeteering and putting words into a dead man's mouth purely for your entertainment.

Regardless of if MJ was 'involved' in the song or not.

It's no different than the Hologram.

Yeah, pretty much this. I just don't really see how it can be justified tbh, also kinda staggering to me that I'm seeing people say that they would be fine with it happening in an official capacity.

The problem with AI is that you are puppeteering and putting words into a dead man's mouth purely for your entertainment.

That sorta stuff goes beyond the realms of anything a music discussion can handle and really just depends on your perspective of posthumous material, as well as your real life views on death. Which is always a personal perspective for every single one of us and it's not fair to make people feel guilty over one way or the other.

Some people are not bothered by it, even in life. Freddie Mercury lived in the studio up until his passing. He wanted them to use everything they could of him, they didn't care. Some people, like Ed Sheeran, he's literally preparing posthumous music right now so we'll never see the end of him. I'm sure plenty of people are actively training AI to be used in their likeness. James Earl Jones, the voice of Darth Vader among many other things, has co-signed exactly this. And is retired accordingly.

It pretty distinctly is a variable thing. The truth is, we don't know what MJ would've thought of it. And that's simply that.

I think the A.I stuff is pretty interesting and fascinating.. and at the end it's still art. Just include "A.I" in the title and its fine..
I agree, it's still art. But it's not Michael's art. So why use his voice for it?

So I thought about this again and I retract my statement from my first post. For example if it's a writers demo, like jungle city, I dont think it's ok to use his voice for it. We simply don't know if he really liked the song and was satisfied with how it was. Same with vocals he wrote down, like the hollywood tonight bridge. We just don't know if he was satisfied with them and wanted to record them. But I'm unsure about songs he actually recorded, like Eaten Alive. In that case, the AI would just recreate what he sang.

Disney has already used AI in several star wars projects (deepfakes, cloned voices). The tech is here and already in use officially. As people have already stated, you can tell its ai so I dont see the real issue (for now) lol. The best use cases are enhancing or finishing demos. The originals will always be there. I see it as a fun tool that if used responsibly, can do wonders.

Edit: MKBHD made a great video on this topic

Last edited:
Keep in mind that this problem with AI Vocals rapidly escalates into something even worse.

The new trend is that AI bots now also write lyrics for artists, not just for living artists, but also for deceased ones.

For example, Australian singer and songwriter Nick Cave is disgusted with this new trend (fans send him lyrics written in his style by AI bots).

Nick Cave also noted that this new trend is perhaps the emerging horror of AI bots.

In the case of Michael Jackson, this can be easily used also for filling in the lyrical gaps in his lyrically incomplete songs, or even for writing lyrics for entire songs that have only music, which of course would not be a good idea and it would put his legacy in danger.

In the case of Michael Jackson, this can be easily used also for filling in the lyrical gaps in his lyrically incomplete songs, or even for writing lyrics for entire songs that have only music, which of course would not be a good idea and it would put his legacy in danger.
Thank You. Someone gets it.

Disney has already used AI in several star wars projects (deepfakes, cloned voices). The tech is here and already in use officially. As people have already stated, you can tell its ai so I dont see the real issue (for now) lol. The best use cases are enhancing or finishing demos. The originals will always be there. I see it as a fun tool that if used responsibly, can do wonders.

Edit: MKBHD made a great video on this topic
Difference is James Earl Jones and Mark Hamil are alive and gave their permission for this tech to be used. Not really sure how that's the same thing at all.

Well.......it's on the tv where i am on the FUCKING news , some jolly mf telling me " we look to see how AI ARTIFCUCKING FICKLE INTELLIGENCE IS ABOUT TO CHANGE THE ART WORLD"

MJ never gave his permission for anything to be done with him after his passing.

I don't really see what this statement has to do with the topic being discussed if I'm honest. If you're going for "MJ never said it was bad so it's fine to do it", then I don't subscribe to that line of thought at all, and I think it takes intentionally leaving things out of the thought process in order to do so.

Back