The Random Everyday Stories That Prove Michael Is A Legend

Michael is never forgotten on his birthday in Barbados. Even before he died radio deejays would play his music all day. This does not happen with other artists to same degree.

This year was no different - some tributes even continued on the weekend, with dee-jays having 1/2 hour jam sessions or presenting documentaries with audio clips and such.

And on Saturday, I was watching Hollywood Game Night. In the final round the contestant has 90 seconds to guess the names of 10 celebrities, based on clues given by another celebrity. Anyway, Janet's name came up as a celebrity and David Guintoli (from Grimm) gave the clue - Michael's sister - and the contestant got it straight away. For me it is interesting that after all Janet has achieved, she can be distilled to one thing - Michael Jackson's sister!

Are you from Barbados? I visited last year and DEFINITELY noticed the Michael love. My first night at Oistens fish fry I heard his music early on plus a remix of Scream later as the club atmosphere took over. I heard his music on the radio a lot, and when I went out for dinner, as I was leaving, the bar tender was singing We Are The World! I wanted to turn around and sing with him SO much, I wish I did but I was too shy, and my family was already out the door.

It is a place I plan to go back to, but I would stay in Bridgetown because I don't drive. I would love to dance to some Michael tunes at Oistens next time!

Lark

Yes, I am from Barbados.

Give me a holler when you are ready to return!

A very nice piece on Michael found here https://www.yourcause.com/News.aspx?ArticleID=739. Nothing we don't know already, but well said and summed up nicely.

Most people think of Michael Jackson’s greatest legacy as his dynamic and powerful performances in both dance and song. Music and entertainment are what Michael Jackson is best known for amongst most people around the world. His tremendous originality and creativity in dance and video performances changed forever the genre of rock ‘n roll music videos. His concerts were legendary because of the fire works, theatrical presentation as well as the richly soulful music.

If you look for a common thread about Michael Jackson’s character from those who know him the best you’ll hear words like, “he was very sweet and loving”, “he was a kind person”, “he went out of his way to help others”. Michael was genuinely interested in the welfare of others as much as in his career. This is a sign of a great soul, of a servant of humanity and a positive person. Michael Jackson was not only an outstanding performer, Michael Jackson was an outstanding human being.

If you look at the sum total of his life then will be be obvious that for much of his career he was a active humanitarian, philanthropist and a very generous person with his time and money. He went out of the way to help other people, sometimes is was entertainers but often times and sometimes just the ordinary person.

Even before the musical fund raiser ‘We Are The World’ was put together by Michael, he was constantly finding ways to reach out and help other people. ‘We Are The World’ was primarily designed to raise money for aid work in Africa. Michael Jackson was also involved in visiting children in hospitals, spending time with young cancer patients through the Make A Wish Foundation, and contributed to numerous other charities on a regular basis.

He had a special place in his heart for children perhaps because his childhood was lacking so much joy and playfulness that most children experience. This is what prompted him to create Neverland Ranch to proivde a place to invite kids there by the busloads. He wanted to bring people happiness and remind him of the good things in life.

For Michael Jackson, bringing happiness to young people perhaps was also a way for him to heal his own childhood wounds. He recognized that he could make a contribution in the lives of others in some small way. This felt good. Michael was often called an “innocent” person, someone who trusted others while choosing to see the good in those he connected with.

There’s a lesson for us in Michael Jackson’s legacy. Each of us can do so much for one another other to bring greater well-being, deeper happiness, reach out with an act of kindness or compassion. We can all learn from his example to extend ourselves to heal the world one person at a time.

Sometimes people ask what can I do to make a difference? If you look at the life of Michael Jackson’s life the answer is simple. Everywhere you turn you can bring benefit to someone in some way.

Lark

I found these things in a shop on my recent trip to China! Same love, different hemisphere.

1538868_10151824007406752_79515800_n.jpg

1601133_10151824007421752_546434786_n.jpg

(I wanted to take a better picture but an employee came over and asked me to stop. Oops! Oh well, at least I got these :)

Lark

Yesterday, as I walked into class my students launched into a slightly off-key rendition of Heal The World. It was really very touching. Later in the class a student introduced me to an a capella group that cover a lot of MJ tunes. He played their versions of Remember The Time, Rock With You and Human Nature and everyone in the class was singing along WORD FOR WORD.Amazing! This was a class of 18 - 20 year olds.

Michael's music lives on!!!

:wild: TCO :heart:

So amazingly soul-filling to have that very special moment with the students, the universe and Michael :pray:

It is so nice to hear that his magic is being sprinkled all over you and the children radiated all that L.O.V.E right back at you right now ! wow

Thank you so much TCO for the creation of this Thread, this Team, this L.O.V.E for LP and it's pure intention for it to do the very same for Michael and for us hid Fans !

Great job sister very proud of you in all you do ! Hug all those kids for no reason at all !

I love you so much and I thank you everyday in my heart and always will for all you have done for me and my life when I needed something so powerful to cope without Michael your love was my cure ! I am here, I am whole and I have never been so happy to have my LP home ! :heart:

I want you to proud of us and all we do to serve you and MJJC, the Fans and Michael's Legacy with all our hearts !

Sincerely,
Me

So I came across this and thought it was pretty freakin awesome - its not so much a story as it is an observation.

It's SUPERBOWL time, as most people know in the USA lol, and I casually observed the fact that every year around this time, people seem to search for MJ's half time performance in 93 (coupled by all the stories going around about how MJ agreed to do the show in the first place).

It had been a while since I've personally watched it, but it has that truly magical quality - especially if you forgot how EPIC a performance it was and haven't seen it in a while. And ESPECIALLY if you keep hearing about how halftime performances simply aren't as exciting as they used to be from friends and colleagues.

So I took a gander at the performance which...if you haven't seen it in a while, you should definitely rewatch.

But outside of the performance, I was more impressed with the comments - as it is quite a rarity these days to see not-so-trolly/spammy/hateration (lol) posts in the comment section of YouTube hahaha. But here's a sample:

thatonedrewguy

2 months ago

I remember watching this performance when I was 8 years old; a HUGE Michael Jackson fan, and I was completely unaware of the allegations.

As I'm sitting in front of the tv, mesmerized, the bitch who would become my stepmother coldly says: "He is SUCH a FREAK".

Without missing a beat, completely deadpan, I respond: "You want a freak? Look in the mirror."

My Dad would scold me for this later on, but looking back, I'm glad I defended MJ. They'd later divorce anyway lol.?
- that has like 250 likes lol

minh quan Do

1 day ago
wow normally, the performance is just a nice treat for the fans, football is the main highlight of the superbowl. Michael Jackson just flipped that around and made his performance the main highlight. his 12 minute performance was probably better than the whole football game. absolutely stunning, incredibly powerful and moving performance.?

Me watching this: *breaks down in tears* "I WANTED TO GO THERE TOO!! BUT!! I WASN'T BORN THERE YET! TT___TT
Lesson? Appreciate that you were born on the 90's or 80's cause you still got the chance to see him. Unlike me.. All I see now are holograms *huff* *huff* BOOHOO Poor me..

MJ! Come back home!

Amira Nawrocki

1 month ago
All of those pop star whores, who need to strip down to be interesting and perform almost naked, like miley, minaj, beyonce etc. be jelous! Jackson is the god of pop and his power remains purely on his talent. His lyrics are meaningfull, bringing positive energy to the world. Hopefully, there will be more talented artists on the stage in the future. And all those bitches singing about shit will shut up eventually.

Thank you, Michael.?

Symone Huff via Google+

1 month ago (edited)

IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN - ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVORITES - ALWAYS WITHOUT QUESTION WORTHY OF A RE-SHARE ... - SUPERBOWL ... HALFTIME ... MICHAEL JACKSON Peace & Blessings Symone?

Jeannette Marshall

1 day ago

My first and only authentic American "Super Bowl" party was 22 years ago hosted by one of my greatest friends, Kathy .... her husband was a huge Cowboys fan I still remember, and my then husband, Jim, downstairs with the guys, with all of us gals upstairs braced to watch Michael Jackson when after the long pause of him standing, when he starts to move, Jim changes the channel - I still remember Kathy screaming at the top of her lungs "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!". My magnificent daughter, Chantal, was just 10 days old -- so if she's love parties today, love being dramatic, and used to being the center of attention ... this explains it). #greattimes#greatmemories#superbowl How prophetic of Michael Jackson to sing about peace, never knowing how important those words would come to mean today. ?

So basically...varying degrees of expression (and language lol), different ages - young and old....all on one channel, talking about something that happened over 20 years ago, when there have been plenty of Superbowls and half time shows since. It has stood the test of time, even with this once-a-year event that has really LITTLE to do with music (its supposed to be about the game right? lol). How amazing is Michael Jackson that he can put on a show and have people STILL talking about it. Its almost like tradition now. Every year, people go to that youtube video and gush about how much we miss performances like the one MJ gave that day.

LEGEND!

I thoroughly enjoy going to weddings these days because it is absolutely inevitable that happy, drunk people shimmy away the night- and they usually really get going as soon as the first bars of Michael's music emerges from the speakers.

People's face light up and anybody, from the happy couple, to kids is suddenly running to that dancefloor.

MJ seems to be part of Northern American wedding culture- and you can almost always bet that Michael will be played in any kind of celebration. Happy people dancing off the wall- it's a lovely sight and I dance away with a fat grin on my face.

That's so true. Happened at my niece and nephews weddings recently.

No particular story, but as I mentioned in a couple of other posts, I recently moved to California. A big inspiration for my move came from things I learned while mourning Michael's death and the the growth that came from it - but that's another story for another day.

So the long and short of it is, is that I live in LA now, and while I know this is obviously THE entertainment city, it is crazy awesome to me how he is revered here. I don't work in showbiz, but I run into people all the time who either knew him, worked with him, met him, or something! Much of the "presence" makes sense because obviously this is where he lived and worked for decades, but there's still a lot of "hometown hero" love for him besides. I love it!

Back