The "ULTIMATE" Humanitarian~~~

Sdeidjs

Proud Member
Check It Out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B89lh358jQ

"We Are the World" is a 1985 song written by Michael Jackson and Lionel Richie, produced and conducted by Quincy Jones and recorded by a supergroup of popular musicians billed as USA for Africa.[1]

The charity single was intended to raise funds to help famine-relief efforts in Ethiopia[1] as food shortages had intensified during a drought in 1984-1985.
The project was inspired by the British Band Aid project and helped inspire other projects around the world such as "Cantaré, Cantarás" in Latin America.

:angel:Heal The World...Education Is The Key~~~

Last edited:
Check It Out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ERgyqRQ88w

"Heal the World" is a song featured on Michael Jackson's hit album, Dangerous, released in 1991. The music video features children living in countries suffering from unrest. It is also one of only a handful of Michael Jackson's videos not to feature the singer, the others being "Cry", "HIStory" and "Man in the Mirror." (The clips for "HIStory" and "Man in the Mirror" only feature Michael Jackson in archival footage). Jackson performed the song in the Super Bowl XXVII halftime show with a 35000 person flash card performance.

The song reached #2 in the UK Singles Chart in December 1992, kept off the #1 position by Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You." It fared less well in the US, reaching a peak of #27 on the Billboard Hot 100.

In a 2001 Internet chat with fans, Jackson said "Heal the World" is the song he is most proud to have created. He also created the Heal the World Foundation, a charitable organization which was designed to improve the lives of children. The organization was also meant to teach said children about how to help others. This concept of 'betterment for all' would become a centerpiece for the Dangerous World Tour. In the documentary Living with Michael Jackson, Jackson said he created the song in his "giving tree" at the Neverland Ranch.

In 2009, a Facebook petition was launched to have Jackson dedicate the song to murdered toddler James Bulger. Bulger, who was murdered in 1993, was a fan of Jackson and had the song played at his funeral.[1]

:angel:Keep Helping Us to Heal The World...Our "Children" Are The Future~~~

Last edited:
it's a love that never dies...

it's a song that does not end...

it goes on, and on, my friend...

never stop the song of love.

it must always, always continue,

through all you say and do.

no matter the price,

no matter the sacrifice.

when people turn on you,

you must still continue.

it's a love that never dies...

it's a song that does not end...

it goes on, and on, my friend...

never stop the song of love.

it must always, always continue,

through all you say and do.

no matter the price,

no matter the sacrifice.

when people turn on you,

you must still continue.

:cheers:

Beautiful thread and amazing vids Sdeidjs :)

And...If Mimik asks so nicely :), how can one not oblige and provide some further links?

There are soooo many beautiful songs that it's difficult to go thru all of them.

I’ll try to take it chronologically and explore a few.

1. I’ll start off with a Jacksons classic, Can you feel it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW1fXL3s7bk

Actually, Michael’s socially engaging songs go back to the Motown days, even their Someday at Christmas can fit into all of this, but I would rather focus on the songs Michael conceived and performed as an adult. It is impressive though to realize that he’s had all that love and care in his heart from the very beginning and he has yet to lose it, in spite of the brutal strikes he got in the meantime.

2. A beautiful song and spellbinding performance of Man in the mirror from the Grammys 88 when Mike stole the show from underneath my boys, U2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zpTQCQEFhg

Although he didn't write it, he made the song his. The passion, the adlibs, the wonderful " black man's gotta maka change/ the white man's gotta maka change"....just beautiful. I love this song soooo much, it is so empowering and inspiring. In a little book about Michael I bought in Spain back in 1997 they commented on the song being without a fault both from musical AND philosophical standpoints. It is in the same vein of thought as Mahatma Gandhi and Dr.King - be the change you want to see in the world. It was relevant in 1988, it remains relevant in 2009 and it will stay so until the end of time. Probably the most amazing lyric, one with which I identify every time I see someone begging, especially children or old people is “who am I to blind pretending not to see their need?"

3. THE greatest music video ever in my humble opinion - Earth Song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8muMo0fw_M

I still remember the first time I ever saw it on tv. It was around midnight on a Sunday, if my memory serves me right. Our public tv station had 3 from 1 - the MTV show; that one time it was dedicated to Michael and the last song they played was the newest at the time - Earth Song. I was in total awe, crying my little heart out (being 14 back then) whilst wondering how could people have done what they had two years before to such a gentle, kind, loving, beautiful soul of a man??? After recording the video, it became a habit of mine to watch it before going to school in the morning. Amazing how time flies by..... I actually still own the VCR with which I recorded the video. It is right next to the computer from where I'm typing right now. The play and rewind button covers are missing but it is, amazingly enough, after all these years still working. It is with this tiny, cheap, little VCR that I gathered a rather impressive video collection, from Michael’s videos, to footage of the trial to the Obama inaugural and other events/movies. During the trial, when I was living abroad I actually took to VCR along to record every report. I wouldn’t trade this little equipment for anything in the world.

4. The closure to the HIStory concerts in such an inspiring mode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LAqcXaVVvM&feature=related

I actually remember this footage; it was during a special on Sat1, a German tv station. It’s quite funny actually when thinking about it – because of them and Michael I actually got to learn a bit of German. Michael held 10 concerts in Germany during the summer of 1997 and this tv station had a special section on their teletext dedicated to him, so I was sitting in front of the tv with a dictionary trying to decipher the latest news about the tour in Germany. This performance also brings about special memories from my own experience with the tour. It’s very comforting to know that soon, God willingly, I’ll see that wonderful man perform once again.

5. The end of Man in the mirror was somewhat taken over in Cry, video similar to Heal the world and Man in Mirror where Michael need not make an appearance to prove such an important point. There were rumors that connected his absence to the Sony problems, but I actually love the video as it is, sucha beautiful message of people coming together. Interesting and moving additions by the fan…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqF2BFTU9Y4

6. Around the same time Cry was released this 9/11 performance of What more can I give? took place

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qqUuzhGLt8

I remember hearing the feed of the concert online; the radio DJs were rather skeptical about Michael, but were silenced in their criticism/jokes and full of praises for him after he performed. Again, beautiful lyrics, inspiring melody and great collaborative effort of so many artists united by that tragedy. It’s too bad the song was not properly promoted.

7. Another great song and actually the most recent of Michael's humanitarian anthems is one with a fan made video - We've had enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvjy6MQr6fE

It’s quite a loss that there was no official release of the song or a video. It would have been interesting to see where Michael would have taken this visually, the stories in the song being heartbreaking and sooo evocative. Hopefully, he will include this song in the playlist for London. It wasn't on the list on mjlive.com, so I couldn't vote for it, but I would have 100000000 times. The lyrics, the passion, the delivery - every single note and word about this song are superbe, supreme craftmanship and exude humanity. Again, I was amazed, but not suprised by how much in touch with reality and connected to what really matters in life and on earth he was, especially at such a difficult time for him. He showed, once more, how spiritual he was and how deeply he cared for the world and the people in it, especially the victims of injustice.

These are just the anthems. I would also include here songs and videos like they don’t care about us, why you wanna trip on me, shout…..but maybe for another time, I’ve posted a novel already. I doubt anyone will have the patience to read through all this forrest. As Michael was saying in that Munchen concert where the History vid is from – I don’t like to talk thaaat much. Well, I don’t like to post that much, but look at what I’ve done – gettin’ lost on memory lane borin the day/nighttime outta yall with inconsequential memories and compensating in one long arse post for years of silence :innocent: It's downright scary to see how many details I remember, especially when comparing it all with my usual air-headedness (is that even an word?). I guess it all goes to prove the selective nature of memory.

Going back to the essence of the thread, Michael’s humanitarian/socially driven songs are among the most important reasons for which I love the man and his art. I know a lot of fans consider some of these songs sappy, corny and the rest of the adjectives one can find in that area,but I, like many others, believe they are treasures showing a beautiful soul sharing with the world a vision of peace, unity and harmony, while pointing out all the tragedies happening around us. All these songs and many others prove a constant record, throughout his career, as though a silver lining. He was an environmentalist and a social campaigner long before it became fashionable.The man and the message have remained the same over the decades, the world changed and their perception of him, and unfortunately for all of us, most of the time for the worse. Hopefully things will start to change, I believe they already are.

I am really looking foreward to see where he will take us all next. If that message on the site is anything to go by, Michael has not lost his social fiber yet. I expect to see some more of his socially engaging songs, also I hope at some point in the future he will release all that wonderful classical music Janet spoke about and a deeper journey into his spiritual life would be wonderful as well. All of it accompanied by some nice, dance/baby making songs which don’t hurt either. :D Cause it’s great to try and contribute to healing the world, but the most immediate fashion in which we can do that is to make babies. Some in the school of thought of Malthus would have it otherwise, but that’s another story….

Peace out and sorry for the length of the post, I doubt I’ll put on a repeat ‘performance’ anytime soon, but the topic was too tempting not to respond.

Last edited:
It is my pleasure, I am pleased that you are pleased...

:angel:Knowledge Is Growth

sdeidjs, and others,

these are all very good links.

and i believe we are on the brink

remember there's Someone bigger than us

One in Whom we can put our trust

we are called to help and heal

without fail, without fear

for within a child's eyes

the love of God forever lies.

and if you never get up and do,

a child may die, because of you.

sdeidjs, and others,

these are all very good links.

and i believe we are on the brink

remember there's Someone bigger than us

One in Whom we can put our trust

we are called to help and heal

without fail, without fear

for within a child's eyes

the love of God forever lies.

and if you never get up and do,

a child may die, because of you.

Thank you...that is beautiful...

:angel:Knowledge IS Growth~~~

:angel:WE ARE THE WORLD...HEAL THE WORLD...EDUCATION IS THE KEY~~~

Thank you for this thread, some of my favourite songs here, the demonstrate the essence of Michael. I would add this clip too a speech from 2002 on Love Peace and Freedom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeVt9UEUh-8

Your welcome...I feel Mr.Jackson would be "very proud" that his fans/admirers are keeping his legacy alive...

:angel:We Are The World...Heal The World...Education Is The Key~~~

Of course, Michael was Ultimate humanitarian, he was just almost not to believe, i became a humanitarian cause of his example

Of course, Michael was Ultimate humanitarian, he was just almost not to believe, i became a humanitarian cause of his example

That is wonderful Draliongirl...

"All of Mr.Jackson's endless passion, dedication, and perseverance, could not describe all his love he endured to do God's work...truly the most precious gift offered to the world more than ANY amount of gold..!"~~~

:angel:We Are The World...Heal The World...Education IS the Key~~~

Last edited:
One of the most important goals that I know from the center of my heart that Mr.Michael Jackson wanted to continue is God's work... http://lnk.ms/0vVQP
Mood: blessed
adored.gif

:angel:We Are The World...Heal The World...Education IS The Key~~~

What is the Meaning of 'Angels'?
By Susan Gregg

When I began thinking about how my life has changed since working with angels. I decided to make an acronym from the word "angels." Looking at the acronym, I realized it was a list of the six most important lessons I have learned by working with angels.

6 Lessons Angels Taught Me
Acceptance
When I see from an angelic perspective, I have the ability to accept life as it is and make choices based on love. Instead of resisting life or fighting what is happening, I can make my choices based on what I do want to create in my life.

Now
Working with angels reminds me to stay in the present moment. Angels have also helped me change my thinking and make my choices based on love.

Giving
Angels have taught me that it is only by giving freely, with an open heart, that I can truly receive.

Embracing
By embracing what is, I can change my actions. I can learn to act rather than react to life.

Loving
Above all else, angels have taught me about love, a love beyond judgments that is truly expansive and unconditional.

Surrender
When I surrender the will of my small self to the care, love, and direction of my spirit, anything is possible. By working with angels, I have learned to let go of my limited self through the simple act of surrender.

Beliefnet.com

:angel:We Are The World...Heal The World...Education IS The Key~~~

Back