The Way You Listen MJ's music

I only have Thriller on vinyl, my parents bought it back in the day when it came out. I had a record player in my room growing up and Thriller was the only record I would play on it. The sound is superior in my opinion.
That’s cool you got the original Thriller! My record player inside in the living room because then me and my dad can listen to music together in different rooms and we still can hear the music. (Also because it’s a spot near a plug) It’s my responsibility to take care of the player and the LPs because they are mine)) (random but my dad gave 4 records from his childhood because my grandma, his mom, moved out of the house that he and his family grew up in)

That’s cool you got the original Thriller! My record player inside in the living room because then me and my dad can listen to music together in different rooms and we still can hear the music. (Also because it’s a spot near a plug) It’s my responsibility to take care of the player and the LPs because they are mine)) (random but my dad gave 4 records from his childhood because my grandma, his mom, moved out of the house that he and his family grew up in)
Yup, I framed it too! I don't have a record player anymore so I wanted to frame just the vinyl itself :)

;)

What about you? How do you prefer to listen MJ's music?
Any portable device I can get my hands on. FLAC files created from CDs. Earphones / headphones. But so much these days via internet (youtube).

Yes. My classmates think I’m old because I have vinyl. They are also dumbfounded that I have a portable CD player because apparently they never seen or heard of one before.
(but the crazy part is that I’m all younger than them)
That's funny! Me, being old, recall missing the sounds of the songs on my portable cassette player (Walkman) recorded prior 'bleeding' through the new music! It was annoying a lot of times but also created a very warm sound and the fact that some tracks were cut off abruptly due to space limitations made them extra special too! So when the cd became popular everything sounded a bit to crisp for me lol.

Portable cd players never became that popular with us, they were a bit too big and skipped over with every bounce of the commuters train

I suddenly remember I recorded a very dark jungle mixtape and when I listented to it UB40 or something was bleeding through the whole session haha

That's funny! Me, being old, recall missing the sounds of the songs on my portable cassette player (Walkman) recorded prior 'bleeding' through the new music! It was annoying a lot of times but also created a very warm sound and the fact that some tracks were cut off abruptly due to space limitations made them extra special too! So when the cd became popular everything sounded a bit to crisp for me lol.

Portable cd players never became that popular with us, they were a bit too big and skipped over with every bounce of the commuters train

I suddenly remember I recorded a very dark jungle mixtape and when I listented to it UB40 or something was bleeding through the whole session haha
I still have a Walkman, lol.

I never really liked cassettes, tbh. Too fragile. Cheap and cheerful and convenient, for sure. But mostly they just irritated me. :D
Haha well i love how they were so compact , swingy ,and i could put sellotape over random ones if i wanted to record anything from the radio!
CDs though 🖤 So much detail in those booklets. I miss this.
Overall though , Yes to all physical format. Any physical format is a million times more magical than anything which they have today which is literally nothing but a - big ole screen. Online downloads make me empty. Little to zero artwork. Little to zero thought goes in those.

I LOVEEEEEEE vinyl. It just feel right to actually hold your album. Not your phone because with phones it's just two clicks and boom you have your song but for vinyl you have to actually go to the store and search for your desired album.

Back