The Wiz' Set as NBC's Next Live Musical

La Toya Jackson ?@latoyajackson 3. Dez.

Sidney did direct #TheWiz @TalkFuzion
Here's a pic of Mike and I in New York after he was done filming for the day!
CVVSil3UAAAZTr5.jpg

I couldn't watch it on NBC's website, but I found a download link, so I managed to watch it now. It's a great show, very entertaining. I loved it. (The best Scarecrow is still Michael though.)

I am watching it now and it good but i have to agree with you Michael was the best Scarecrow never be other one like him.

After this i am going to watch the The Wiz.

Last edited:
The Wiz’ Heading To Broadway: Will NBC Cast Go With The Production?

This is the best news ever! With ‘The Wiz Live!’ being the best-reviewed live musical that NBC has ever aired, producers are now talking about bringing the show to Broadway next year. But will the TV cast be included in the new production? Find out all the details here!

The Wiz Live! was such a hit for NBC that producers are already mulling over plans to bring the show to Broadway next year, and the cast that brought the show to life on TV Dec. 3, may just come along for the ride!

“Right now the plan is to have The Wiz on Broadway a year from now in partnership with Cirque. The entire cast of The Wiz Live knows about the Broadway plans, but we didn’t make it a prerequisite when casting them. But over the past couple of weeks, a lot of members of the cast have been sniffing around doing it in the theater,” producer Neil Meron told THR, while producer Craig Zadan added, “We’d love for [Shanice Williams] to be on Broadway in The Wiz, but that’s to be worked out.”

“Every person that was in the show last night has been invited to come to Broadway. It’s a matter of if they want to and how much time they can give us,” they both added. “And if we can work out a pay scale. Broadway pays differently than doing film, TV and concerts.”

This is very interesting. It almost sounds like it’s all going to come down to money. We can only hope that the entire cast decides to join the Broadway version — they were so amazing on TV! Aside from Shanice, The Wiz Live! also starred Ne-Yo, Uzo Aduba, Queen Latifah, Mary J. Blige, Common, Elijah Kelley, David Alan Grier, Amber Riley, and Stephanie Mills.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/12/04/the-wiz-live-broadway-nbc-cast/

Well, I rather enjoyed the production. I DVR'd it and just finished watching.
My co-worker said "I just couldn't get with it. Too corny." She only got thru about 30 minutes.
I went in with that impression but found myself watching and enjoying. Many parts made be laugh. Like when the Tin Man said,
"I'll straight Molly Wop somebody over you, Dorothy!"And when the black crows were dancing and singing You Can't Win....
Didn't they break out and do a brief Nae Nae dance? Lol!
The costumes, make-up and sets were so amazing. Loved the Lions dreds and the Poppies dance. Lol!
The acting was good. And I enjoyed the music too. Overall it was a really good show.

I like The Wiz better. Maybe because I was so young when I first watched it back in the day. IDK.
But I have watched The Wiz (with MJ) a few times over the years and still get a kick out of it. But this one was still enjoyable.

Thank you to everyone for your posts. :)

THE WIZ LIVE IS BEING REPEATED TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to bump this because if anybody missed it the first time around, NBC is repeating it tonight.
I FINALLY got to see it-where I was pet sitting-and it took forever to do it, because with 11 dogs and cats, they just wouldn't all settle down at the same time to let me watch it. And frankly, they've been repeating the Wiz a lot on cable lately, and the more I watch it (5 times in the last month) the more I like it-so I almost just erased the DVR.

Thenk goodness I didn't-I could not believe I was watching something this wonderful-everything about it was fantastic-and it hooked me from the very first seconds-I had no idea that the movie Wiz was that different than the Broadway version-this was way more like the actual original Wizard of Oz-down to the Scarecrow, Tin Man and Lion are all farm hands at Aunt Em's farm. And when Stephanie sang-oh, my goodness-I forgot just how much I adore her.

Everything was fantastic-the songs, the dances, the sets, the costumes, the music-I was singing along, standing up, the dogs were going crazy-and for the first time ever, the Tin Man really stood out among the 3-who knew that the Tin Man could be so darn sexy??? nMary J. Blige was quite hilarious. And Amber Riley's scene/dance number with the munchkins was outstanding.

Absolutely the best thing I've seen on TV or on the stage in ages-and I'm just sorry that Michael wasn't here to see it.

So, if you missed it, run, don't walk, go past GO and treat yourself-watch it!

Back