The ‘YAY I JUST HEARD MICHAEL ON THE RADIO’ Thread

Not on the radio, but a dance troupe performed to "Thriller" yesterday, at the high school where I teach. It was part of an arts festival which went on all day - presentations included a Big Band, String Quartet, visual arts and photography displays, soundscapes, performances in dance and drama.

There was a huge cheer for Michael Jackson's Thriller, from the audience of a couple of hundred teenagers and this was the backdrop:

Signature%202_zpsimr1t6em.jpg

“Bad” is playing in Tim Hortons playlist right now.

Yesterday while I was at Walmart and my husband stayed out in the car Sirus XM was playing Wanna be Startin' Somethin' while inside Walmart Heal the World was playing.

Yay i just heard michael on the radio

The Jacksons ~ Bless His Soul

It wasn't on the radio actually, but rather on tele. Not much of a radio person really, but I still tune into tv stations. I just saw the Earth Song video for the first time in quite a while and it made me think of a couple of things: 1st was about those scenes at the end of the video, which seem to be a rewind of sorts with the trees growing back, the elephant healed and the young man rising up. Although it can all be interpreted as a metaphor related to a brighter future, it could also have been a glimpse into the past. Knowing Michael and his most complex relationship of all, the one with time, it was probably meant to symbolise both :D

The 2nd thought was - wait a minute,,,,if in the ES video time could be turned back, who do I need to contact and what can I do to turn the machine back to June 24th 2009??? Funny thing to think about 25 years after the video was released and almost a dozen after Michael has been gone, right? :doh:

The Way You Make Me Feel is constantly playing in the radio station in my city. It plays 80's/90's songs mostly. Have it as my wakeup alarm radio station :)

I Just heard Rock with you. Thankfully 2 years ago Michael's music wasn't banned by commercial radio in Ireland. You always hear the slower songs on sunshine 106.8 an adult contemporary station. I host my own R&B radio show on local community radio Dublin South fm 93.9 and I almost always play at least one Michael or Jackson 5/Jacksons song.

I Just heard Rock with you. Thankfully 2 years ago Michael's music wasn't banned by commercial radio in Ireland. You always hear the slower songs on sunshine 106.8 an adult contemporary station. I host my own R&B radio show on local community radio Dublin South fm 93.9 and I almost always play at least one Michael or Jackson 5/Jacksons song.

how cool. keep playing michael. :)

I will... Till the day I die :) Radio show or no radio show......I throw in an MJ themed show every now and then and it always gets kudos :)

I played who is it tonight on my radio show. Then later on i heard remember the time on the radio :) a good radio day for Michael in Dublin Ireland.

Re: Michael Jackson Weekend on 98.1 WOGL

Cool...Man in the Mirror is on Smooth FM London right Now...a good week for MJ radio play.

Weekend for sure TGIF TGIS :) Blame it on the Boogie is on my show tonight.

Back