The ‘YAY I JUST HEARD MICHAEL ON THE RADIO’ Thread

The radio station I listen to is celebrating Paul McCartney’s 80th birthday and is playing his music 24/7.
So naturally I heard “the girl is mine”, “say say say” and “the man” today
It reminded me yet again how good those 3 tracks are

The radio station I listen to is celebrating Paul McCartney’s 80th birthday and is playing his music 24/7.
So naturally I heard “the girl is mine”, “say say say” and “the man” today
It reminded me yet again how good those 3 tracks are
I haven't listened to "The Man" a lot, but I absolutely love The Girl is Mine. I know people rag on it. I was sort of iffy on it until I watched the Mexico deposition and then after that I became obsessed with it. I play it and sing it constantly.

Radio duel today. Listeners had to pick what they wanted to hear. Focus was on the top 5 of the Belgian chart from 18/6/1988 with Fleetwood mac - everywhere, Mory Kante - yeke yeke, S express - theme from s express, george michael - one more try and dirty diana

The people voted and wanted to hear dirty diana 😎

PS 3 weeks later dirty diana hit nr 1 for 2 weeks on the chart FYI

This has not been updated in a while, about time. Couple of days back I was at a random book store in New York, and The Way You Make Me Feel played!!
Today at my office cafe someone had full MJ songlist on - You Rock My World, Remember The Time, You are Not Alone came one after another. I was in an important business meeting, and it took all my energies to stay focused and not get too excited!!! Alas I was not able to meet the fan who was playing the songs :( . I am going to go there tomorrow to see if it was a one time thing.

This has not been updated in a while, about time. Couple of days back I was at a random book store in New York, and The Way You Make Me Feel played!!
Today at my office cafe someone had full MJ songlist on - You Rock My World, Remember The Time, You are Not Alone came one after another. I was in an important business meeting, and it took all my energies to stay focused and not get too excited!!! Alas I was not able to meet the fan who was playing the songs :( . I am going to go there tomorrow to see if it was a one time thing.
I just finished watching the full Motown 25 performance and I was crying, then you posted this! This makes me soooo happy! I would have such a hard time focusing during that meeting if I were you! lol

I just finished watching the full Motown 25 performance and I was crying, then you posted this! This makes me soooo happy! I would have such a hard time focusing during that meeting if I were you! lol
I had to move little bit out of hearing range, but I had one ear straining to hear what's playing. I kept going back with excuse to get more food, and then to get paper napkins ;)

I had to move little bit out of hearing range, but I had one ear straining to hear what's playing. I kept going back with excuse to get more food, and then to get paper napkins ;)
This is so cute and so relatable!

Today at my office cafe someone had full MJ songlist on - You Rock My World, Remember The Time, You are Not Alone came one after another. I was in an important business meeting, and it took all my energies to stay focused and not get too excited!!!
Can I get a job where you work? I can't do much. My current skill-set consists of sticking my head in the freezer, recoiling in horror if I inadvertently catch the weather forecast, eating ice cream, feeling slightly sick because I ate too much ice cream, moving so slowly that I feel my family genealogy must surely include a sloth and staring at my siggy.

Can I get a job where you work? I can't do much. My current skill-set consists of sticking my head in the freezer, recoiling in horror if I inadvertently catch the weather forecast, eating ice cream, feeling slightly sick because I ate too much ice cream, moving so slowly that I feel my family genealogy must surely include a sloth and staring at my siggy.
Maybe if I get to talk to this MJ fan in the cafe they might have a job to find, mix and play best of MJ

Maybe if I get to talk to this MJ fan in the cafe they might have a job to find and play best of MJ
oh, I totally could do that (not the mixing bit but the rest of it) - and i could do a fabulous value-added version - get a big screen up and post some lovely pics - absolutely no Manhood, obvs, but lots of lovely photos - could include photos of his smile to cheer everyone up on a rubbish Monday morning - or have a smaller screen somewhere and post a daily or weekly quote from Michael - something lovely from Dancing the Dream or a cool lyric or maybe some quotes that Michael liked - he liked the poetry of Rumi, for example - I would be very careful with my choices but i think it could work

oh, i'm totally getting into this, lol - did i get the job? :D

Not on the radio but it counts.

In the city centre there was a busker and she was playing MJ music (I mean, the actual music, she wasn't playing it herself) and she had a little Michael puppet and she was making it 'dance' to the music. I only caught the start of her routine cos I had to catch a train but I loved it.

She started with Thriller. That's what caught my attention - hearing Thriller at full blast will do that, lol. The puppet (I'm assuming home-made) was about 12" - 15" tall, I'd say. As far as skin tone goes, we were in the 2000's. 'Michael' was very pale. He was wearing the Billie Jean outfit with Thriller era hair and a hat - looked more like a bowler hat than a fedora but, whatever ...

(in fact, the outfit was more Dangerous but I'm pretty sure it was meant to be Billie Jean ... )

So she played Thriller and made the puppet dance and wave and stuff. She was trying to get the puppet to do the Moonwalk and recognisable Michael poses. It was very cute. Then she went into Billie Jean. I had to leave at that point.

A guy had been watching and then he moved away. As I went past him I said how cool it was and he agreed. And then he said, 'It's nice to see Michael Jackson again.'

The whole thing made my day! :D

So she played Thriller and made the puppet dance and wave and stuff. She was trying to get the puppet to do the Moonwalk and recognisable Michael poses. It was very cute. Then she went into Billie Jean. I had to leave at that point.

A guy had been watching and then he moved away. As I went past him I said how cool it was and he agreed. And then he said, 'It's nice to see Michael Jackson again.'

The whole thing made my day! :D
This is so absolutely cool!! And it would totally make my day too!! Not only do I love the tribute, but I love what that man said to you. I think so much of the world really, really misses Michael and getting to see him celebrated like this is just beautiful :)

This is so absolutely cool!! And it would totally make my day too!! Not only do I love the tribute, but I love what that man said to you. I think so much of the world really, really misses Michael and getting to see him celebrated like this is just beautiful :)
As much as I loved what the busker woman was doing and her care and attention to the whole thing. She did a really good job and it was such a clever little idea. She had a circle of people around her and there were lots of smiles.

But it was the guy I spoke to that REALLY made my day. He was beaming when he said, 'nice to see Michael Jackson again'. I was SO stoked.

As much as I loved what the busker woman was doing and her care and attention to the whole thing. She did a really good job and it was such a clever little idea. She had a circle of people around her and there were lots of smiles.

But it was the guy I spoke to that REALLY made my day. He was beaming when he said, 'nice to see Michael Jackson again'. I was SO stoked.
This makes my heart SING!

It reminds me of a recent interaction I had in a record shop. May have talked about it somewhere, don't remember. But I met this young guy who worked there who saw me looking in the J section and he asked what I was looking for and I said Michael. And he almost burst with joy! He started chatting wildly about how much he loves Michael and what my thoughts are about Michael vs. Prince, then talked about his favorite random clips of Michael on YouTube. It was beautiful. He was SO excited lol.

I feel like I've told that story before. If so, ignore me. But also, let me be happy. Life is hard lol.

This makes my heart SING!

It reminds me of a recent interaction I had in a record shop. May have talked about it somewhere, don't remember. But I met this young guy who worked there who saw me looking in the J section and he asked what I was looking for and I said Michael. And he almost burst with joy! He started chatting wildly about how much he loves Michael and what my thoughts are about Michael vs. Prince, then talked about his favorite random clips of Michael on YouTube. It was beautiful. He was SO excited lol.

I feel like I've told that story before. If so, ignore me. But also, let me be happy. Life is hard lol.
No, you haven't. You told us about the woman making loud unhelpful comments about Michael in the bookshop. But not this story.

This is so cute!

Yesterday I heard The Way You Make Me Feel on the radio in the background during a serious conversation with my mom and I swear I almost had a Kanye moment like - "Ima let you finish but DO YOU HEAR MICHAEL JACKSON ACTIVELY SEDUCING ME?! But please, proceed..."

Somehow the conversation paused (appropriately) and after a beat I got to say, quietly, shyly... "you know... the way you make me feel is playing..." and she just sighed "God I love this song..."

All was right in the world.

Yesterday I heard The Way You Make Me Feel on the radio in the background during a serious conversation with my mom and I swear I almost had a Kanye moment like - "Ima let you finish but DO YOU HEAR MICHAEL JACKSON ACTIVELY SEDUCING ME?! But please, proceed..."

Somehow the conversation paused (appropriately) and after a beat I got to say, quietly, shyly... "you know... the way you make me feel is playing..." and she just sighed "God I love this song..."

All was right in the world.
What? Your Mum said she loved the song or you did? I need clarification, lol.

I have not been posting because I have been on a short holiday
On the trip, when I was at a takeaway place and they were playing rock with you
Also when I was in the car, they player I want you back on the radio

I host a radio show on Dublin South FM 93.9 - It's called Urban Smooth, As it's Michaels Birthday next Monday my show this Saturday night 27/08/2022 is all Michael Songs (Well J5/Jacksons too), its my 3rd annual MJ birthday Tribute show.

heard smooth criminal on my way home from work tonight.

This evening, while running errands, I had the absolute pleasure of hearing "Beat it" playing on the radio at a store where I stopped. Of course, me being me, I freaked out - danced in the aisles, sang aloud, bursted at the seams with energy and delight. Since I truly don't listen to the radio on my own at all, whenever I catch MJ in the wild it thrills me!

Back