THEY'RE BAD Michael Jackson hit out at The Beatles and Elvis in letters revealing fury over racism-

ScreenOrigami;4304365 said:
Questions to the people who think the documents is authentic. I would really like to hear your theories:

Who do you think has sold the document to the tabloids?
How did that person obtain the document?
Why didn’t the person release it earlier?
Why tabloids instead of auction?
Why does the person not make his or her name public?

I believe these are questions we should ask, no matter which side we’re on regarding the authenticity.

The answer to all of those questions is: there are several possibilities and I don't care. It's just a note. And it's not even a spicy note. Not everything has to be analysed to death and not everything can be traced to the source or proved beyond any doubt. Based on what I have learned and experienced of Michael over the years, I think it was written by him. The End.

mjfan05;4304529 said:
No one person can become the sole arbiter of authenticity as you've tried to become in this thread..

I’m not. I’m asking questions. Other documents in the past have been verified by a forensic expert. There’s always a margin of error, of course, but at that point one can assume a document to be authentic. At any point before that, it’s merely a good guess.

mjfan05;4304529 said:
It's tiresome reading through your repetitive posts questioning authenticity.

Then don’t read my posts? There’s always the ignore feature.

If no one wants to engage with my questions, then just don’t. That’s fine. I am certainly allowed to raise my questions and concerns, though, and I will continue to do so.

I have also never said that I’m convinced that it’s a fake. All I’m saying is that I’m not convinced that it’s real. Big difference.

It’s awesome when something new surfaces and of course everyone wants it to be real. But at the same time, I personally prefer to be cautious and ask questions, because I do not trust tabloids and people who sell items to tabloids instead of putting them up for auction – because certainly an auction house would ask for proof of authenticity as well.

Most people here are not interested in trying to figure out the story of this document, I get it, and that’s ok.

ScreenOrigami;4304785 said:
If no one wants to engage with my questions, then just don’t. That’s fine. I am certainly allowed to raise my questions and concerns, though, and I will continue to do so.

You're allowed to raise questions and state opinions, of course. Everybody is. Diversity of opinions is v important on discussion board. It's not great to state the same opinion and raise the same questions on every page of a thread multiple times, to the point that the thread is derailed. You may have a lot of investigative zeal but every thread does not have to be about it. Michael is not around and as people who were around him talk about him, a lot of stories become hearsay with no proof. A lot of old fans have memories of what happened at particular times and why it happened but can't produce a magazine article supporting it every time they mention a story. I've seen you derail multiple threads this way and also question others opinions like an opinion is somehow wrong. Opinions are not facts. All Michael fans are wary of trolls but there's such a thing as taking things too far on a fan forum where discussions are already dying off. Just something to consider.

Back