Things you wish MJ did in his career!

This is completely different but I wish he had appeared on a popular sitcom. He had a sense of humor that people didn't get to see and I think it would have been funny to see him like do a special guest appearance as himself and how the characters of the show act around him. I l know he did the variety shows when he was younger but I am thinking like Seinfeld etc.

I agree. I wish he appeared on the Cosby Show, especially when they had the episode where the family goes to the Bad Tour and bring back MJ stuff. Would have been nice to get an MJ appearance there. I always had that idea to since Stevie Wonder appeared earlier in the series. Would have been the perfect show IMO for MJ to be on.

Also another one would have been the Muppet Show. Would have been nice to see MJ interact/dance/sing with the Muppets. Could have been in the Off the Wall era to. I guess MJ was too busy to do shows at the time.

Here are a few things I could think about.

-Collaborate more. I know he's MJ and doesn't need anyone to collaborate with but it would have been nice if he did collab more especially later in his career. Would have loved a Kanye collab or a JT duet. A lot of rappers use rnb stars to sing their hooks in their songs. I know Michael is better than that but it would have been amazing to see him make an awesome hook and make other artists on their songs look foolish. :p

-Release music after the trial. I know Michael wanted to get away after the trial and I don't blame him. When he came back and started working with Will.I.Am, I feel like he should have released a new single/song for the radio just to test the waters.

- Avoid the TII/AEG situation. Michael hates touring and I never wanted to see him go out of his way to do a huge thing like 50 concerts. I was upset when I heard the announcement to be true. I guess it was to help him pay the debts that he had. This kind of relates to my previous point but he should have just released some music/music videos. While it may have not generated money like the concerts would have it would certainly help, especially with things like iTunes. Then I feel Michael wouldn't have to worry about all of these shows and getting in shape and worrying.

Here are a few things I could think about.

-Collaborate more. I know he's MJ and doesn't need anyone to collaborate with but it would have been nice if he did collab more especially later in his career. Would have loved a Kanye collab or a JT duet. A lot of rappers use rnb stars to sing their hooks in their songs. I know Michael is better than that but it would have been amazing to see him make an awesome hook and make other artists on their songs look foolish. :p

-Release music after the trial. I know Michael wanted to get away after the trial and I don't blame him. When he came back and started working with Will.I.Am, I feel like he should have released a new single/song for the radio just to test the waters.

- Avoid the TII/AEG situation. Michael hates touring and I never wanted to see him go out of his way to do a huge thing like 50 concerts. I was upset when I heard the announcement to be true. I guess it was to help him pay the debts that he had. This kind of relates to my previous point but he should have just released some music/music videos. While it may have not generated money like the concerts would have it would certainly help, especially with things like iTunes. Then I feel Michael wouldn't have to worry about all of these shows and getting in shape and worrying.

You have to remember that This Is It wasn't a tour. It was 50 shows being performed in one place. What Michael had to do for This Is It was heaven compared to an actual tour

And i wish that Michael would have collaborated less. Yes collaborations can lead to some great things but in my opinion Michael's best songs are the ones he fully wrote and composed all by himself. I would have loved it if he made an album where he wrote and composed everything himself but that sadly never happened. The closet we got to that was the Bad album

Compose soundtrack(s)
unplugged
make a full album with Mercury
make a full blown rock album (Aerosmith 90s style, GITM, Dirty Diana etc)
sing in my livingroom
perform with a funk backing band, jamming experimenting vocally
resurrect the one night only concert
tour one more time with the old Motown songs
re record old motown songs
finish his classical album
Perform with a big brass band
put some variety in setlists
perform in a dancing competition with other celebrities

Last edited:
Record a vocalese style song (ig. Jon Hendricks, Bobby McFerrin, Manhattan Transfer, Al Jarreau).

Do a jazz album. Not straight jazz like Tony Bennett or smooth Kenny G style. But with fusion musicians.

Work with Organized Noise, DJ Jazzy Jeff, J Dilla, OutKast

Record some bluegrass/country, zydeco, & go-go songs

duets: Kathy Sledge, Jill Scott, Chanté Moore, Sade, TTD/Sananda, Craig David, Jay Kay (Jamiroquai), Phil Collins, India (aka La India), En Vogue (original 4), George Benson, N'Dea Davenport, Larry Dodson

work with Jason Malachi

just kidding. :D

I wish he would have released an album with entirely his own penned songs.

A one off acoustic live set, just him and a few band members. Taking it back to his voice only

Bought Marvel and trailblazed into films. It's what he wanted to do. Did that fall through because of the trial?

Marvel

Bought Marvel and trailblazed into films.
I think the comic book part of Marvel is separate from the later Marvel movie studios. That's how their most popular characters wound up at different movie studios (Fox, Sony, Universal). Which is why the MCU was started with lesser known (to the mainstream) characters like Iron Man, Thor, & Captain America. I don't think Blade was that well known either before the Wesley Snipes movies.

Back