THIS IS IT new song 43 seconds

The fucking video at the official website don't listen anything!!!

What happen!

TMZ has it.

But here, this song has already been released by Safire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCV1h40oS0o

Honestly, it is the damn same song, and according to the NYtimes Mike had nothing to do with the release of this song.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/12/arts/music/12michael.html?_r=1&ref=arts

So, a song that has already been released by someone else... not a new song. Amazing vocals by Mike, but it was just a demo. he didn't work on it, he would have done it differently for sure, and I smell a lawsuit coming anyway.

The fucking video at the official website don't listen anything!!!

What happen!

I clicked on the link and copied it into a new webpage and it works. :)
Some of the lyrics are different though - can't always make out what he's singing.
Sounds GREAT

After a 3rd listen.. I dunno I don't think Michael would have wanted it to be released as his 'come back' single. It's a really really pretty song but he's had much better..

His voice is AMAZING though, make me miss him even more :(

I'm sorry, I'm pretty upset over this, are you all ok with the fact that he wrote the song for someone else?? The fact that fans realized it from 43 seconds of the song, within hours of it's sneak preview, and Sony never did, and considering all the hoopla! MJ would have been furious. They just took a song that says 'this is it' on it, and that's all that mattered to them - they didn't even research further. I am very upset. That's why Michael never rushed anything, and took his time, and made sure everything he put his name on was absolutely PERFECT. The only thing that is perfect on this track is his angelic voice.

I am disappointed by them, i really am. I had not yet jumped on the "hating Sony" bandwagon, even though I know the backstory with Mike, because for some reason I assumed that since it is in their interest to keep MJ selling and at the top, their interests finally had aligned with Michael's - and they would basically do as much as possible to keep him in everyone's ears, which is all i want. But this is just amateur work at it's best. What makes me furious is that I know Michael would have been furious.

New song = Fail. Great vocals i guess but at best it's a demo and i kinda goes no where

More whining from fans, awesome.

I would have thought that maybe, just maybe, after his death people would have stopped to realize it wasn't about them but I guess I'm wrong.

Boo hoo, we're all losers today. Wah.

The only good thing about this song is Michael's voice. I don't think Michael would want it released. Absolutely not worthy of MJ's name. I really fear for MJ legacy now that he is not here to oversee things. Sony doesn't understand that quality pays more than quantity like Michael understood. That's why Michael took so much time to put out an album. This is what made Michael the greatest. He wanted the best for his audience and valued his name so much.

More whining from fans, awesome.

I would have thought that maybe, just maybe, after his death people would have stopped to realize it wasn't about them but I guess I'm wrong.

Boo hoo, we're all losers today. Wah.

It is not about us. It's about Michael and his legacy. Michael Jackson's fans don't usually think about themselves when it comes to Michael or why would we stick by him for eight years of hiatus and tribulations. It is about Michael. We want the best for his name and memory. Let's just hope the new cd sells well because of the interest the movie is generating.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I'm pretty upset over this, are you all ok with the fact that he wrote the song for someone else?? The fact that fans realized it from 43 seconds of the song, within hours of it's sneak preview, and Sony never did, and considering all the hoopla! MJ would have been furious. They just took a song that says 'this is it' on it, and that's all that mattered to them - they didn't even research further. I am very upset. That's why Michael never rushed anything, and took his time, and made sure everything he put his name on was absolutely PERFECT. The only thing that is perfect on this track is his angelic voice.

I am disappointed by them, i really am. I had not yet jumped on the "hating Sony" bandwagon, even though I know the backstory with Mike, because for some reason I assumed that since it is in their interest to keep MJ selling and at the top, their interests finally had aligned with Michael's - and they would basically do as much as possible to keep him in everyone's ears, which is all i want. But this is just amateur work at it's best. What makes me furious is that I know Michael would have been furious.

I'm totally agreed with you this is disappointing, they only take a Demo from many many years ago that wasn't finished and they announced this how a NEW SINGLE jajaja, NEW SINGLE they said, fucking Sony, I know they do all for money and is normal being a label but this is a GREAT BULLSHIT.

Why would anyone be upset? He wrote the song in the early 80's which is probably why only his name is credited in the copyrights. Looks like in 1991 Paul Anka came aboard and helped finish it lyrically which then gave Mr. Anka writing credit. The finished song then went to Safire. Michael didn't technically write it FOR her. It was a song he already created which was LATER finished with someone else and given to her. Of course, Safire prolly doesn't know the history of the song she received...meaning it went back further than her. And perhaps no one should tell her. :wink: And she did a really good job with it, imo. However, I happen to prefer Michael's version...even unfinished. Of course, I'm prolly biased but I genuinely love hearing Michael's voice and the smoothness of this version. So no, not upset at all. :) Refreshed actually...as it's always refreshing to hear music from Michael I haven't heard before...old, new, new NEW, demo, whatever.

Edit: I'm not sure why ppl are saying Sony TOOK a song becuz there's no way they could have taken that song unless Michael had already signed clearances for them to HAVE it. I honestly believe this was something he was in the process of working on before he passed away and just didn't get the chance to finish it as he planned. Of course, that's speculation but remember copyrights. Michael wrote the song and none of his demos and songs could have been released by Sony without getting his signature (or currently, the Estate's approval). My guess would have to be that he signed on the dotted line before June 25th. Unfortunately, he may not have had the opportunity to do with the song what he planned. Looks like "maybe" Sony tried to finish it in his absence.

Last edited:
Hey whes im not against the song. Heres my issue with it, fans been freaking out saying why isn't it a single? Well, today is your answer. Its a rough demo that hasn't been cleaned up, it doesnt sound like anything from 2009 in fact is a DIRECT CONTRAST from what is being played on radio.

It just got premiered here on radio and basically, the public don't know what to do with it. If it doesnt fall into same ol same ol basket its in the ohh yeah i heard it whatever category.

i have to admit, i think this decision is a tad strange, JUST because it fits with the movie title wise they pushed this through. i think in hindsight sony execs will see they wouldve been better off finishing a mj william track.

I like this song as a fan ok but i don really know what to do with it, i can imagine credits rolling to it but thats about it. As fans we will always like it but the public is thinking "is that all he had anyway?" and predictably this is being touted as a NEW SONG, lol, seems to me there was a good reason why it was given away.

Well I don't know about anyone else but I don't give a flying **** about the public. They only treated him like shit anyway. All I know is I'm always gonna love any song that Michael wrote/is singing. It's like he's magical to me. I can't be negative about this song, I just can't.

Hey whes im not against the song. Heres my issue with it, fans been freaking out saying why isn't it a single? Well, today is your answer. Its a rough demo that hasn't been cleaned up, it doesnt sound like anything from 2009 in fact is a DIRECT CONTRAST from what is being played on radio.

It just got premiered here on radio and basically, the public don't know what to do with it. If it doesnt fall into same ol same ol basket its in the ohh yeah i heard it whatever category.

i have to admit, i think this decision is a tad strange, JUST because it fits with the movie title wise they pushed this through. i think in hindsight sony execs will see they wouldve been better off finishing a mj william track.

I like this song as a fan ok but i don really know what to do with it, i can imagine credits rolling to it but thats about it. As fans we will always like it but the public is thinking "is that all he had anyway?" and predictably this is being touted as a NEW SONG, lol, seems to me there was a good reason why it was given away.

Exactly. A release like this will only make people go "He was really done." This will be attributed to Michael and not to Sony. MJ is the one who will take the criticism. Sony are stupid for doing this. MJ is a very valuable profit source, so preserve his legacy and name and profit from him for years to come.

The only good thing about this song is Michael's voice. I don't think Michael would want it released. Absolutely not worthy of MJ's name. I really fear for MJ legacy now that he is not here to oversee things. Sony doesn't understand that quality pays more than quantity like Michael understood. That's why Michael took so much time to put out an album. This is what made Michael the greatest. He wanted the best for his audience and valued his name so much.

I have to agree, especially with the emphasized part. I mean, this song makes me so damned emotional because his voice... oh my god, his voice!!

but I also feel there's gonna be a lawsuit... that other song sounds pretty much the same. Mike would have never put this out. he'd have never put this song out... never. he didn't even want Akon to release Hold My Hand just 'cos it was leaked! I can't believe what an amateur job Sony did with this. according to that NYT article, they didn't even research this thing.

ugh. we're going to have to find a way to download this thing before Sony pulls it 'cos of the legal wrangling. I can just see it.

What does it's about his legacy even mean? Are people going to hear one song and then suddenly forget about everything else he ever did?

Come on.

Exactly. A release like this will only make people go "He was really done." This will be attributed to Michael and not to Sony. MJ is the one who will take the criticism. Sony are stupid for doing this. MJ is a very valuable profit source, so preserve his legacy and name and profit from him for years to come.

Exactly....

I have been telling this all the while- It does not look as if the Estate is keen on working with Sony for the release of New material.

I have to agree, especially with the emphasized part. I mean, this song makes me so damned emotional because his voice... oh my god, his voice!!

but I also feel there's gonna be a lawsuit... that other song sounds pretty much the same. Mike would have never put this out. he'd have never put this song out... never. he didn't even want Akon to release Hold My Hand just 'cos it was leaked! I can't believe what an amateur job Sony did with this. according to that NYT article, they didn't even research this thing.

ugh. we're going to have to find a way to download this thing before Sony pulls it 'cos of the legal wrangling. I can just see it.

Why would there be any lawsuits? This version was written solely by MJ as it's clearly a demo and the other song was written by Michael and Anka (the finished one). Translation: The Anka version and this version are two different entities lyrically. But I agree with you that Michael more than likely would not have wanted something unfinished like this to be a single. However, he did put a few unfinished demos on other Greatest Hits packages for fans to enjoy. I think the orchestral version of this will play much better becuz it will be soley music and those who have a problem with the unfinished lyrics won't have to hear them. They can just humm to the music. It is catchy and humm-able, imo. :D

Edit: I meant the instrumental version...I think there's supposed to be one, no?

Ok, it is a lovely song and I am so happy to hear his voice and i will always want to hear new or old unreleased material from him. I just hate that Sony is putting him in a vulnerable position and giving the usual suspects a reason to criticize him - not that they ever need a reason, but they will take it when they find it.

His music is the only part of his life that has not been viciously attacked, and i just want to keep it that way. I am only writing this here because we're all on the same team and I want to be honest, I will fiercely defend the song and play it over and over for all my friends and make sure it grows on them even if they don't like it at first - even though I LOVE it, it's a beautiful song.

So, this is all I am saying. And i am praying that this song is not a "preview" of the movie - i hope I will not see any haste in the movie like i see in this song. Please please please not. I don't want anyone saying anything bad in a sentence that includes Mike's name. I love him.

Back