THIS IS IT new song 43 seconds

Also a lot of you are forgetting that Michael is singing the 'This Is It' song in the movie! Would Michael not have sung the full version of the song in rehearsals and whatnot? It's very likely that this is the case - and that this is very similar to the final version. I've seen in some press releases the song was meant to be a suprise at the end of the concert for fans.

Some of you are claiming Sony has just taken a song with the words 'this is it' in there and claimed this is the real song. Pretty silly considering millions around the world will see the actual song being performed in 16 days time.

he's NOT going to be singing it in the movie. it will be rolling over the end credits.

I totally agree. This is a demo, what do you guys expect? I personally think it is HOT but what do I know. You guys need to stop complaining about how you didn't like the song and appreciate everything that Michael does.

it's not the SONG that I don't like. it's what Sony is trying to do. are you telling me that this is ALL that they have out of those purported 200 songs he left in the vault? oh, right, this is a previously released (by another name) song that he gave to someone else. Sony just renamed it 'cos it's got -- SURPRISE!! -- "This is it" in the first line, and released it. it's clearly a demo. you can hear the mumbling and the piano he played in the original demo. in terms of sound quality, it's a total hodgepodge. ugh.

Michael would have been aghast.

end of rant. I won't say much more 'cos I don't want people sighing on me, either.

yes, it's a beautiful song. and Mike's voice is making me cry. but ya know what... if he couldn't sing a single note ever again, I'd want him back, here, with us. I don't care. but the last thing I will be supporting is Sony tarnishing his musical legacy with less-than-on-par releases for the next few years. if they do this again, I'm not buying.

That vocals are definately from the 80's.. Doubt it if this was during the Dangerous era. For sure this is not from this decade.

Will say it once again: Mike had stated during the Phony hate speech that he was owing Phony 2 0r 3 tracks for the compilation album, the ultimate collection. After which phony cannot release any New or Unreleased material without his approval.

I have a strong feeling that even though Phony claims 2 have unreleased material frm MJ's Vault, they cannot go ahead & release it without the Estate's permission. Think abt it guys, the original masters off the back catalogue goes back to the estate after 2011 (After which the estate may decide to continue working with Phony or move on... only Branca knows). Which leaves Phony with roughly a little more that 2 years to release MJ material. Why wud they then not release new material with just 2 years left, if they cud.

My feeling is that the Esate is giving Phony very limited content to work with. (n if this is the case, then thats the way I personally want it 2 be- release new material with a new company after 2011).

Check out this quote from the NYTimes article posted here: http://mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78205

Sony has rights to release any music Mr. Jackson recorded while under contract. But since there could be as many as two albums’ worth of material made after that deal expired, around five years ago, other labels may also be able to cut deals, and Jackson estate has held talks with Universal about those recordings, according to people familiar with the discussions but not authorized to speak publicly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also a lot of you are forgetting that Michael is singing the 'This Is It' song in the movie! Would Michael not have sung the full version of the song in rehearsals and whatnot? It's very likely that this is the case - and that this is very similar to the final version. I've seen in some press releases the song was meant to be a suprise at the end of the concert for fans.

Some of you are claiming Sony has just taken a song with the words 'this is it' in there and claimed this is the real song. Pretty silly considering millions around the world will see the actual song being performed in 16 days time.

This was also in the NY Times article:

"We just found the song,” Mr. Stringer said. “It was titled ‘This Is It.’ It was in a box, and we listened to it.” "This Is It” was also to have been the title of Mr. Jackson’s 50-concert run in London, although the synergy is unclear; Mr. Stringer and others with knowledge of the production say the song was not part of it.

Mr. Stringer is the chairman of the Columbia/Epic Label Group. They could play the song behind various clips of MJ at the end of the movie or at the credits.

I heard the 3 different versions already :) The other versions are slightly better if you ask me :)

The strange thing is the increase (jump) in volume at around 8 seconds though!

And yes, I think the Jacksons background vocals are very nice too!

what other versions? and where are you hearing them?

oh, and I also think the brothers' voices fit nicely with his. btw, now that I've listened more than 50 times lol to the song, I agree, the demo tape is probably from 1980 or around then. pre-Thriller...

what other versions? and where are you hearing them?

oh, and I also think the brothers' voices fit nicely with his. btw, now that I've listened more than 50 times lol to the song, I agree, the demo tape is probably from 1980 or around then. pre-Thriller...
Check you PM ;)

I heard the 3 different versions already :) The other versions are slightly better if you ask me :)

Woah - there are 3 different versions?? Can you give us any more info - is the streaming track definately the Orchestral Version (final track on OST disc 1)? What will they use the Extended Orchestral Version for then? Is the Original version (voice and piano) what they are calling the "Album Version" (penultimate track on OST)?

Woah - there are 3 different versions?? Can you give us any more info - is the streaming track definately the Orchestral Version (final track on OST disc 1)? What will they use the Extended Orchestral Version for then? Is the Original version (voice and piano) what they are calling the "Album Version" (penultimate track on OST)?
1. This Is It (Orchestra Single Version) - 03:43 (same as the streaming version)
2. This Is It - 03:37 (version without orchestra, just with piano)
3. This Is It (Extended Orchestra Version) - 04:40 (same as 1, but longer :))

More whining from fans, awesome.

I would have thought that maybe, just maybe, after his death people would have stopped to realize it wasn't about them but I guess I'm wrong.

Boo hoo, we're all losers today. Wah.

Yes. BUT complaining about SONY! I mean, seriously. They mislead everyone with their talk about a "new song" when the song is from 1980. Michael sounds great no matter what he sings, but they mislead us. It's an unreleased old song. There are lots of them, and it's stupid and wrong for them to release this one like they did. Should have saved the hoopla for an actual NEW song, never recorded by anyone and one that Michael did just the past few years. They also could have released a CD of Michael actually rehearsing for TII, but no, instead they put a CD together of songs we already have on 20 CDs. It's Sony that everyone is complaining about and rightfully so. :smilerolleyes:

1. This Is It (Orchestra Single Version) - 03:43 (same as the streaming version)
2. This Is It - 03:37 (version without orchestra, just with piano)
3. This Is It (Extended Orchestra Version) - 04:40 (same as 1, but longer :))

aww. I wanna listen to the bolded version, Herrie. any suggestions? :)

Having now caved-in and listened to all three versions on the official YouTube channel, I can't understand exactly what Sony have added to the Orchestra Version; the original version sounds just as good, and cleaner also, especially when turned up loud.

Surely giving the song a 2009 remix should have included making it sound like a polished and immaculately produced track, so I really don't understand why on earth they have left the "1, 2, 3, 4" count in the Orchestra version???! It sounds fine on the original (demo) but NOT on a radio edit.

Personally, if I was creating and marketing the OST, I would NOT put 2 versions of the same song in consecutive positions. I would have put the "Extended Orchestra Version" on Disc One (minus the count in) as this is the most 'epic' take on the song, the "Original Mix" should have been put on Disc 2 along with the demos, as this is what it is, while the 3:46 radio edit should have been available as a single, at the very least on iTunes, to purchase.

There are 3 versions of the song, what is the harm in us owning the radio edit prior to the album release??

Back