THIS IS IT. (truthful blog by Darren Hayes)

one of the best reviews ive read... more or less agree in all parts aswell

its good to see a 'true' fan being honest :)

Ok, I don't know why there is such hostility in here for no reason. No one has to like Darren. No one has to be fond of MJ's MSG performance. But we all have to allow people to express thier opinions without being attacked. What is this all about? Please recheck your posts and consider how you would feel about it on the other end and how your posts might be perceived. We will not all agree. I would hate to have to go through cleaning this thread. Please everyone just think about how you say your comments. Thanks!

hey I was stating a few things & was saying I wasn't being nasty or bitching I made that perfectly clear & if you didn't read my post where I said that then please go ahead & read it again

if people are gonna slate me for having an opinion & trying to clear a few things up & saying I am NOT attcking any individual I shall NOT bother to even post here anymore

people are allowed their opinions I'm fine with that but basing their opinions on something they know nothing about is rediculous, I am just pointing out & clearing up misinformation isn;t that what MJ fans generally do about the man himself?

hey I was stating a few things & was saying I wasn't being nasty or bitching I made that perfectly clear & if you didn't read my post where I said that then please go ahead & read it again

if people are gonna slate me for having an opinion & trying to clear a few things up & saying I am NOT attcking any individual I shall NOT bother to even post here anymore

people are allowed their opinions I'm fine with that but basing their opinions on something they know nothing about is rediculous, I am just pointing out & clearing up misinformation isn;t that what MJ fans generally do about the man himself?

I will PM you. :)

Last edited:
no he does NOT!!! if you knew ANYTHING about Darren Hayes you'd know he is no self important tw*t not whatsoever you're just judging him based on a load of nonsense made up in your head or somehting?!?

tell me have you ever met Darren, do you actually personally know the guy??? I assume the answer is NO!

and as for him not making any decent songs tell me what one's you've heard probably two or three i'd guess!!! not enough to judge by i'm sure!!! i doubt very much you've heard every song he's done or i'm sure there'd be songs you like

he's very MJ esque in a lot of songs!! he even sounds like Michael at times!

we all have our own opinions od MSG we are entitled to them, I feel that some of Darren's songs aren't quite up to scratch & some of his performances too does that mean I was an appalling fan/friend? I think not!

he may not have liked it so what get over it!

honestly what do you have against the guy?

Chill out it's just my opinion I'm just not a fan of badly made pop music and egotistical popstars who don't have the talent to back it up :)

:bugeyed His albums are awesome! matter of taste I guess. :)

I own both SG albums and I liked them as a kid but as I got older I just grew out of them. It's nothing more than bubble gum 90s pop its dated really badly :lol:

I own both SG albums and I liked them as a kid but as I got older I just grew out of them. It's nothing more than bubble gum 90s pop its dated really badly :lol:

I have friends who "grew out" of MJ music too, much to my chagrin...

SG may have had their mainstream "wedding ballads" but I wouldn't dismiss them totally as bubblegum pop - some of their stuff is very deep and emotional: Two Beds and A Coffee Machine, The Lover After Me, etc.... Regardless, Darren has come a long way since the SG albums and is currently finishing up his 4th solo album. His musical style has evolved and matured and each of his projects are so personal, honest and reflective of the period in his life. His last albums have been synth and electro influenced, while still having amazing depth and brevity. MJ is my favourite artist, but Darren is without a doubt second in my mind :)

no i don't agree with darren but what's that to do with anything? he didn't like it as much big whoop

they way you people are going on it's like it's a crime to not like something Michael did

ffs get over it please

he is a MAJOR MJ fan & just wasn't that fond of that particular performance, but he loves MJ very much and has been a fan all his life & it's always been hard to stop him bleeting on about MJ now is that a bad fan to you?

he never particlularly said it was bad just he wasnt as fond of it! and you're not obliged to like every single thing Michael does (some of us do some of us don't) it's NOT a hanging offence you know!!!

i didn't say there was anything wrong with darren. i love savage garden and i know he loves mj. I'm just TRYING to say that as long as i've loved mj, the MSG concerts that was on tv was like gold to me. i have always adored it and it never even crossed my mind that anyone would think different. i didn't know that mj's first MSG concert was supposed to of been worse than the second night. On the tv version it all looks flawless to me. I just wondered if it was just me or if everyone else agreed with darren. man!

no i don't agree with darren but what's that to do with anything? he didn't like it as much big whoop

they way you people are going on it's like it's a crime to not like something Michael did

ffs get over it please

he is a MAJOR MJ fan & just wasn't that fond of that particular performance, but he loves MJ very much and has been a fan all his life & it's always been hard to stop him bleeting on about MJ now is that a bad fan to you?

he never particlularly said it was bad just he wasnt as fond of it! and you're not obliged to like every single thing Michael does (some of us do some of us don't) it's NOT a hanging offence you know!!!

I'm thinking Darren must've seen the show on Sept 7. There were a few technical mistakes and Michael seemed a little rusty. For instance, when he did the moonwalk, he couldn't slide back smoothly, it almost look like there was something under his shoes that was preventing him from sliding. Like tape or something. In between songs MJ would do some vocal exercises into the microphone and talk with the band. He didn't seem to know what songs came where and I think they didn't rehearse enough. So when watching it you almost felt like you were watching a rehearsal rather then a show. Michael was just having a bad day. Nothing was going right for him that day. The second show on Sept 10 was much cleaner, everything went much more smoothly. But I think Darren missed that particular show because he said he had gone back home a couple of days before the 9/11 attacks. The concert we all saw on tv, I think the majority of footage came from the show on the 10th.

ohhhhhh. ok thanks. that makes it a bit better to understand :)

Back